21/Oct Stock ROMs - ERD79 -> FRG83 images / zip / online kitchen (optional root / insecure)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest craigacgomez
Superboot updated to fix adb remount permissions.

P

Paul, Thanks for the ro.secure=0 fix... was planning to doing it myself, but u did it before I cud... kudos... thx a million

Guest SAAAAAANDWICHES!

Is there something up with this rom regarding custom kernels?

I keep getting a partition update fail when trying to push a new kernel...

EDIT: Not only that, but Titanium Backup isn't working... says it can't get root. I built a rom using the kitchen with superuser + highmem. Guess I'm gonna have to go back to CM...

Edited by SAAAAAANDWICHES!

Guest xkonni
Is there something up with this rom regarding custom kernels?

I keep getting a partition update fail when trying to push a new kernel...

EDIT: Not only that, but Titanium Backup isn't working... says it can't get root. I built a rom using the kitchen with superuser + highmem. Guess I'm gonna have to go back to CM...

There was an issue with the remount privileges. Fixed about 5 hours ago.

Guest dipeshb

Maybe a silly question, but if I have the 36b radio, there is no need for me to upgrade to the 54 radio?

EDIT: Much Obliged Stea1thmode!

Edited by dipeshb

Guest Stea1thmode
Maybe a silly question, but if I have the 36b radio, there is no need for me to upgrade to the 54 radio?

they're the same.

Edited by Stea1thmode

Guest muncheese

Is it possible to pull the stock Mail app (not gmail) for use on another rom?

The stock mail app allows prefix definition while the desire rom does not. =/

Edited by muncheese

Guest coco2001

Can you please help?

I got stuck with 'X' when booting.

I tried via Android system recovery <2e> to install 'ERE36B - update zip format' but it says 'E:signature verification failed' -- 'Installation aborted.'

Now I'm stuck booting with 'X' and I have to take the battery out every time.

Guest mrfoo

I'm pretty sure i'm running latest ROMs (great work by the way) - with superboot

When I select 'Wireless Tether for Root Users' though I get a force close straight away - am i missing a step?

Guest xkonni
I'm pretty sure i'm running latest ROMs (great work by the way) - with superboot

When I select 'Wireless Tether for Root Users' though I get a force close straight away - am i missing a step?

try reinstalling.

Guest dpenurse

Hi guys,

I have been trying to update to the custom stock EPE54B with the new radio from the kitchen for hours now! I currently have ERE27 which I manually put on and had no problems. I have followed the same procedure with the stock EPE54B file but with no luck! I keep getting the verification failed message! I definately am not doing .zip.zip or anything.

Was wondering if anyone could help me out?

Thanks,

David

Guest Bay Harbor Butcher

Hi..a friend of me has a new Nexus One (with locked bootloader) and has some issues with camera.

When he enter camera app it is black and it doesn't work.Same with applications that use camera (like Goggles).

He tried to initialize sd card and phone memory but issue is still not solved.

How can he flash his N1 with original firmware?And where can he find original firmware for N1?And how can N1 recognize and flash original rom?

Do you think it is an hardware issue?It would be a problem cause we live in Italy!

Thanks..

Guest justin2net

Update: link to stock EPE54B ROM seems to be working now, please ignore.

P.S. Thanks for the work you have done on Android, and thanks in advance!

Edited by justin2net

Guest McGilljam

Hi Paulie :)

Is there any way to just put EPE76 update files on SD-card and update?

Do I really need to use fastboot and stuffs?

It's so dead simple to download files to my server, copy them LAN->Local with EStrongs File Explorer and reboot, or download them directly in phone and reboot for upgrade.

Guest McGilljam
You can put the stock images file on the card as PASSIMG.zip then turn the device on while holding down 'volume down'.

P

I knew it.... =)

Thats so dead simple... thanx man for fast reply. *big hug*

Guest McGilljam

In EPE76, Facebook sync fails in Settings/Sync. A click in Facebook icon just takes you back to sync page. Google and Exchange works though.

Guest Wardski
In EPE76, Facebook sync fails in Settings/Sync. A click in Facebook icon just takes you back to sync page. Google and Exchange works though.

Experienced the same here too. I also found I cant post anything within Facebook either (eg, status updates, comments, etc)..

I wonder if we can reinstall the facebook app? or is it something more complex? Think I might go back to ERE54B..

Edited by Wardski

Guest Wardski
Experienced the same here too. I also found I cant post anything within Facebook either (eg, status updates, comments, etc)..

I wonder if we can reinstall the facebook app? or is it something more complex? Think I might go back to ERE54B..

After having a bad time with MMS and Enom's 1.81 ROM, I ended back at EPE76. To get facebook app working, I ended up pushing the version from EPE54B and this worked. However the contact sync is still broken.