Donating so someone can buy a phone....

Guest scrap2434

I think everyone has a right to voice their concerns regardless of the amount they donated as long as its in a respectful fashion. coming on acting all that and telling ppl they dont know what theyre donating for and more or less calling them stupid and to stfu (yes i mean you tree_pineapple) helps no one.

Hi to all.. I think these arguments are useless for everyone, devs and normal users like me that just like to mod their phone's. Devs have asked for donations not payments.

We all have seen the benifits until now( lickonn recovery and superboot just for example) and surely we'll get even more in the near future. But if the arguments on who is delivering or not continues, who donated or not,who works more than others ect, ect, the only effect it will have is to turn people off. This is not a job, i'ts a hobby for all of us.. let's keep it that way..

Guest SwedBear
I think everyone has a right to voice their concerns regardless of the amount they donated as long as its in a respectful fashion. coming on acting all that and telling ppl they dont know what theyre donating for and more or less calling them stupid and to stfu (yes i mean you tree_pineapple) helps no one.

I don't see where tree_pineapple did this. In the post I read there is nothing about that people should shut up. In fact, I'm not sure how you can argue against the fact that some peple did not know what rom-developing means and thus donated not really knowing what they can expect. It doesn't make them stupid - just means they did not research this problerly before deciding to donate. I think it is reasonable to try explain to them how it works so they understand what they can expect.

I donated a lot of money to both devs, not because I expected roms day one but because I felt that it was worth it to get the rom-community going. Neither dev was unknown, both had done great roms before on other devices and thus I felt it was well worth getting them on the Liquid bandwagon. If a completely unknown guy had popped up asking for money I would not have donated.

Most devs use Twitter to update and I've seen updates from both devs so in my opinion they have been updating us on the limited success they've had so far. We're currently all waiting for the source code and won't know until it is out

I defninitely do not think there is a problem asking for donations as long as you are straight up with what you have done and what your plans are. For some devs it works taking in money afterwards but not all devs want to do that - they rather get initial funds and then release their work for free for all. I do not see a problem with either decision.

Look at donations as risk-capital. Sometimes it pays off, we might have 2-3 great rom's in 1 month if they source code comes out and everything goes well, and sometimes it doesn't.

Even now after I sold my Liquid for a Nexus (yeah, I'm a phone geek) I'm happy I donated and still keep an eye here as I might get a Liquid again for my wife soon.

I don't see where tree_pineapple did this. In the post I read there is nothing about that people should shut up. In fact, I'm not sure how you can argue against the fact that some peple did not know what rom-developing means and thus donated not really knowing what they can expect. It doesn't make them stupid - just means they did not research this problerly before deciding to donate. I think it is reasonable to try explain to them how it works so they understand what they can expect.

I donated a lot of money to both devs, not because I expected roms day one but because I felt that it was worth it to get the rom-community going. Neither dev was unknown, both had done great roms before on other devices and thus I felt it was well worth getting them on the Liquid bandwagon. If a completely unknown guy had popped up asking for money I would not have donated.

Most devs use Twitter to update and I've seen updates from both devs so in my opinion they have been updating us on the limited success they've had so far. We're currently all waiting for the source code and won't know until it is out

I defninitely do not think there is a problem asking for donations as long as you are straight up with what you have done and what your plans are. For some devs it works taking in money afterwards but not all devs want to do that - they rather get initial funds and then release their work for free for all. I do not see a problem with either decision.

Look at donations as risk-capital. Sometimes it pays off, we might have 2-3 great rom's in 1 month if they source code comes out and everything goes well, and sometimes it doesn't.

Even now after I sold my Liquid for a Nexus (yeah, I'm a phone geek) I'm happy I donated and still keep an eye here as I might get a Liquid again for my wife soon.

you cant see it cause he edited his post!