22/Jan 1.8 Beta 2 - MoDaCo Custom ROM with online kitchen - LIMITED BETA

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest helikopter
Oh, sorry, must be talking about different issues then.

i found a solution for the problem. not the cheapest, but very effective. i bought a bluetooth headset. all the bugs caused by that f*cking headset adapter became solved. :D

Guest YuYeVoN

@ Paul

Can you replace the launcher with Home++, I've done that with my own ROM. And was wondering if it also works on the Pulse with Core (T-Mobile Style).

thanks

YuYe

@ Paul

Can you replace the launcher with Home++, I've done that with my own ROM. And was wondering if it also works on the Pulse with Core (T-Mobile Style).

thanks

YuYe

Would be cool to package this as a kitchen option :D

@ Paul

thanks

YuYe

home++ only works on android 1.6/2.0 so how did you get it to work on your pulse?

Guest HunteronX
home++ only works on android 1.6/2.0 so how did you get it to work on your pulse?

I don't think that YuYeVoN did get it working on his pulse, as YuYeVoN says "And was wondering if it also works on the Pulse", so they don't know.

Guest YuYeVoN
I don't think that YuYeVoN did get it working on his pulse, as YuYeVoN says "And was wondering if it also works on the Pulse", so they don't know.

Well I've tested it on the T-mobile core but doesn't work tonight I'll try with the vanilla core.

I also have another question. Isn't it possible to push the Pulse driver into CM ROM ??? I also have a HTC Dr3am with CM (and my own stuff) running super fast.

YuYe

We do not have a pulse kernel to run it. We just simply don't have it. I have tried to get it to work but it's not having it. We /should/ be getting an update in about 2 weeks so lets hope that's true and just wait. Once that update comes out, I'll see what I can do CM wise, though I think other far better devs will rush ahead of me ;-)

Guest starkos
Haven't seen Paul on here in a while. Maybe he's just busy?

Yea unfortunately but understandably I think all his time is currently spent on the Nexus One forum and the porting of the HTC Desire Rom to it...

Guest darkly

Help...

I'm a total noob at this, although am a .net programmer so have some technical knowledge.

I managed to root my Pulse and installed the original 1.8 Beta and then went on to apply the 1.8 Beta 2 but have had problems ever since.

What happens is this.

I applied the Beta 2 update and went through the initial start up etc and my phone worked fine and dandy for a few days. Occasionally, on downloading from the market I'd get a can't install message, but on Quickbooting and repairing the ext partition the install would work.

Then all of a sudden I got forced shutdowns on programmes all over the place. So much so that anything that I'd installed ceased to work. I think that I've traced the force closures to issues with the SD card, as when one time I rebooted the phone and all of the programmes I had installed had disappeared and after Quickbooting and repairing they appeared again but with force closures.

I think what I need is a completely clean slate re. the Pulse. I need to strip it down to absolutely nothing and then re-install but have no idea how to do this.

Everytime I wipe via quickboot and partition I still seem to end up with a trace of my previous profile on the phone.

How exactly do I do a clean wipe, so that no traces are left.

Can anyone tell me.

Thanks

Paul

Guest giryan
Help...

I'm a total noob at this, although am a .net programmer so have some technical knowledge.

I managed to root my Pulse and installed the original 1.8 Beta and then went on to apply the 1.8 Beta 2 but have had problems ever since.

What happens is this.

I applied the Beta 2 update and went through the initial start up etc and my phone worked fine and dandy for a few days. Occasionally, on downloading from the market I'd get a can't install message, but on Quickbooting and repairing the ext partition the install would work.

Then all of a sudden I got forced shutdowns on programmes all over the place. So much so that anything that I'd installed ceased to work. I think that I've traced the force closures to issues with the SD card, as when one time I rebooted the phone and all of the programmes I had installed had disappeared and after Quickbooting and repairing they appeared again but with force closures.

I think what I need is a completely clean slate re. the Pulse. I need to strip it down to absolutely nothing and then re-install but have no idea how to do this.

Everytime I wipe via quickboot and partition I still seem to end up with a trace of my previous profile on the phone.

How exactly do I do a clean wipe, so that no traces are left.

Can anyone tell me.

Thanks

Paul

Removing the ext partition and wiping before you install the ROM certainly ought to be enough.

What traces are you seeing?

Guest darkly
Removing the ext partition and wiping before you install the ROM certainly ought to be enough.

What traces are you seeing?

Thanks for your reply.

Well after wiping the ext partition and then re-partitioning in order to kill all traces. When I then re-flash (again in desperation to get a fresh install on.) on re-booting it just goes straight into the normal Pulse screen as if I'd never wiped any information. I would assume that as I'd wiped the ext and partitioned there would be no trace of my having a profile. Should I then do a factory reset? The main problem I'm immediately having after flashing, now is that Google Maps keeps giving a force closure message. This is before I have started to put any Market stuff on. Hope this makes sense.

P

Guest starkos
Thanks for your reply.

Well after wiping the ext partition and then re-partitioning in order to kill all traces. When I then re-flash (again in desperation to get a fresh install on.) on re-booting it just goes straight into the normal Pulse screen as if I'd never wiped any information. I would assume that as I'd wiped the ext and partitioned there would be no trace of my having a profile. Should I then do a factory reset? The main problem I'm immediately having after flashing, now is that Google Maps keeps giving a force closure message. This is before I have started to put any Market stuff on. Hope this makes sense.

P

I'm pretty sure Paul removed the start-up wizard from his roms so it's normal that the phone after a new flash would boot straight to the home screen (if that's what you meant?)

After your latest rom flash, have you done any wiping/re-partitioning as that may mess with things? If not then I would try booting to recovery and run Repair SD:ext and Fix apk uid mismatches & see if that helps Google Maps...

Guest Neron
Thanks for your reply.

P

I would try to reinstall google maps using a downlaoded APK or you can reinsatll maps using the slideme market.

Guest giryan

If you've wiped then unless you reflash you will be missing the apps that the ROM puts on /data which could cause that, because Maps is one of those apps.

Guest darkly
If you've wiped then unless you reflash you will be missing the apps that the ROM puts on /data which could cause that, because Maps is one of those apps.

Thanks everyone for the kind help. I think I'm getting the hang of this thing now. It's just occurred to me what could actually be the cause of all of the corruption problems that I seem to be getting...

As all of my apps are installed on the S.D. card, and I come from an HTC Diamond world, where you had to keep it on a charge whenever possible as the battery life was so poor, I'm used to keeping my phone plugged into my laptop at work. I'm assuming that what I've done is left a few apps running, connected the phone and mounted the SD card thus robbing the phone of the applications that are supposed to be running... doh! Could this be the cause of my problems?

P

Guest giryan
Thanks everyone for the kind help. I think I'm getting the hang of this thing now. It's just occurred to me what could actually be the cause of all of the corruption problems that I seem to be getting...

As all of my apps are installed on the S.D. card, and I come from an HTC Diamond world, where you had to keep it on a charge whenever possible as the battery life was so poor, I'm used to keeping my phone plugged into my laptop at work. I'm assuming that what I've done is left a few apps running, connected the phone and mounted the SD card thus robbing the phone of the applications that are supposed to be running... doh! Could this be the cause of my problems?

P

Yep, that'd do it certainly, the phone doesn't have access to the SD card while the USB is mounted on the PC

The best option if you're going to use apps2SD is never to mount it on the PC, you can still copy files to and from the phone with adb, or I think there's a windows app that does it.

Guest Totyasrác

Paul,

I have an issue with 1.8 Beta (Vanilla): I have call waiting enabled and it happens every now and then that I have an incoming call while talking to someone else. Now it is visible on the screen but I have really no eyes on my ears - I really do miss is the acoustic notification and/or vibration in this case. I have also missed it in 1.7. Is there any way to enable this feature in 1.8 final release (and the upcoming ROMs also) :(

Thanks a lot,

Totyasrác

Edited by Totyasrác

Guest Zsolabola
Paul,

I have an issue with 1.8 Beta (Vanilla): I have call waiting enabled and it happens every now and then that I have an incoming call while talking to someone else. Now it is visible on the screen but I have really no eyes on my ears - I really do miss is the acoustic notification and/or vibration in this case. I have also missed it in 1.7. Is there any way to enable this feature in 1.8 final release (and the upcoming ROMs also) :(

Thanks a lot,

Totyasrác

Hi !

I'm using MCR 1.7 Vanilla style, and I have the same problem with call waiting

Is it possible to fix it ?

Thanks

Zsolabola

Guest darkly
Yep, that'd do it certainly, the phone doesn't have access to the SD card while the USB is mounted on the PC

The best option if you're going to use apps2SD is never to mount it on the PC, you can still copy files to and from the phone with adb, or I think there's a windows app that does it.

Thanks once again for the help... You'd think that someone... ie. me who actually specifically rooted their pulse in order to install apps onto the S.D.Card would be able to put 2+2 together and come up with 4 as opposed to the disasterous 54 that I've been coming up with each time I mounted my Pulse to my laptop, knowing full well that the Pulse then wouldn't be able to see the card.

Stupid me :(

Guest darkly

Actually, just got the same problem without having connected and mounted to the PC. This is now driving me nuts. I'm having to rebuild the phone every couple of days. I've been really strict this time and not mounted it at all but yesterday overnight stuff just stopped working. I did a quick boot and repaired the ext partition and did the UID thing, but to no avail. It does seem to be a problem linked to anything that might have been running at the time when the corruption happened. I've tried Titanium Back-up but this always hangs on my pulse. It never ever completes no matter what I do.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

P

I just forgot about the EXT partition and removed it so all apps install onto the internal memory of the phone. Not ran out of space yet even with 15+ programs and no application errors or repairs required....

Guest darkly
I just forgot about the EXT partition and removed it so all apps install onto the internal memory of the phone. Not ran out of space yet even with 15+ programs and no application errors or repairs required....

I'll give that a go, but I'm running Co-Pilot, which was the whole reason I rooted in the first place as it's a huge installation. I'll see how that pans out.

Thanks