[VIDEOTORIAL] How To Flash Omnia i900 & i910 on Windows 7, Vista & XP (Noob Friendly)

Guest mikevhl

Guest mikevhl
i have a small isue - want to know if someone got it too..

i have win7 32bit - until now i used USDL_GrandPrix_v1.6.4_VISTA to flash several ROMS..

today i got some strange behaviour - the USDL crashed the Mobile device GUI - and closed the active sync in the I900 device...

tried uninstall all mobile device drivers and software , also tried V1.8.10 for xp - no use..

thanks for you help

roy

Do you still have the problem? And have you tryed reinstalling the windows mobile device center? Can you still sync?

Guest shady_09

I was having problems with the phone/pda not being recognized in grand prix, so i went into:

control panel> windows mobile device center > connection settings and unticked the allow USB connections box, and it seemed to work.

This is my second flash now using this tutorial and I'm pretty sure i had the same problem the first time, so just letting other people know. thanks for the tutorial mikevhl.

Guest Pickiki

Well - unticking the USB will probably disconnect the Active sync forever :P:)

that's pretty strange , since the GRAND_PRIX kills the WMDC.exe proccess....

working at my son's XP machine in the meanwhile... :huh:

Guest tony7

I'm going to flash my Omnia soon. But I was wondering at what point I connect my phone to the computer? Is it once I've selected the eboot files etc. and press begin?

And I need to sync my phone with the Windows Mobile Device Centre once before starting?

What happens when you press begin (doesn't show this in the video)? How long should it take? Should the phone be OFF when starting?

Do I need to uninstall any programs I've added to the 6.1 software before updating?

Thanks for any help.

Guest Megam

Hi all

I'm in the process of flashing my i900 according to the process describe (thanks mikevhl :P ) but after everything happened correctly, it's been about 30 minutes that things are frozen at "Writing image 75%" for Grand_Prix (last lines on the log were

"Downloading EBOOT...

EBOOT finished!!

Downloading PDA region #1(DISKIMAGE)..."

The Omnia screen is the black one with Samsung OMNIA written in white, with a green progress bar at the bottom showing 75% completion.

What should I do? Wait longer? Stop and try again? I obviously don't want a brick... I'm afraid the battery will drain eventually, which also might brick it...

Thanks for your help

Guest Megam

OK guys, forget it. After waiting for about an hour, I decided to risk a brick and stopped everything.

Then I retried, and everything worked!

mikevhl must be right, it seems like the Omnia are difficult to brick (if only their screens were half that difficult to scratch, I'd be a happy man :P )

Edited by Megam

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mikevhl
OK guys, forget it. After waiting for about an hour, I decided to risk a brick and stopped everything.

Then I retried, and everything worked!

mikevhl must be right, it seems like the Omnia are difficult to brick (if only their screens were half that difficult to scratch, I'd be a happy man :) )

You're welcome! They are indeed kinda hard to brick if you won't flash a rom for the i910 on i900 and vice versa

Thanks for your help I managed to flash my i900 and I'm just waiting for it to turn its self off hehe.

I had to use i900 EXEcutor 2.4 as the download doesn't seem to work hopefully everything is fine ...... Just as a side note should the phone turn it's self off? should I have unplugged the phone already? hehe oh well only one way to find out :)

Guest mikevhl
Well - unticking the USB will probably disconnect the Active sync forever :D:)

that's pretty strange , since the GRAND_PRIX kills the WMDC.exe proccess....

working at my son's XP machine in the meanwhile... :rolleyes:

Nope, after flashing just tick it again and it'll work again

Guest mikevhl
I'm going to flash my Omnia soon. But I was wondering at what point I connect my phone to the computer? Is it once I've selected the eboot files etc. and press begin?

And I need to sync my phone with the Windows Mobile Device Centre once before starting?

What happens when you press begin (doesn't show this in the video)? How long should it take? Should the phone be OFF when starting?

Do I need to uninstall any programs I've added to the 6.1 software before updating?

Thanks for any help.

First turn your phone off and connect, next pres the start to start flashing on the pc, it'll say waiting for device. Next turn on your phone and it'll flash.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Thrawnie

Hey everyone!

First thanks for the tutorial, but when i try to flash my phone I always get these messages:

OpenSCManager failed (5)

Calculating file parameters(DISKIMAGE)....

Calculating file parameters(DISKIMAGE) Done!!

OnDeviceChange: DBT_DEVICEARRIVAL

PDA Device not found.

I word with windows vista and have the i900.

Please help!

Thrawnie

• 3 weeks later...
Guest mikevhl
Hey everyone!

First thanks for the tutorial, but when i try to flash my phone I always get these messages:

I word with windows vista and have the i900.

Please help!

Thrawnie

Hey, sorry for the late response but I sold my omnia so didn't really check the thread anymore.

I'm sorry for the bad news, but after research I found out that the only way to make this work in your case is either to reinstall windows vista or use another PC. Given that you've followed every step in my tutorial and installed WMDC that is.

Guest elitom

so if I am correct I can do this on a Windows 7 laptop.....

I have a UK T-Mobile i900 with BOHH% rom and I want to falsh it with DXHJ1 generic ROM

I have downloed the ROM and extracted the exe file

Then I have used EXEcutor 3.05 to disassemble the ROM into the parts shown in this image

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj99/elitom/rom1.jpg

then I have downloaded grand pric 1.6.4 vista and imported the Loader PDA and CSC files from the above screen grab so it looks like this

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj99/elitom/rom2.jpg

I have used the pda.bin file in the PDA box but do I also need to use teh phone.bin file - where is this used if it is needed?

all I need to do now is attach the phone reboot until it finds the phone then flash

Is it really that simple

do not want to brick the phone now !

cheers

EliTom

Edited by elitom

Guest mikevhl
so if I am correct I can do this on a Windows 7 laptop.....

I have a UK T-Mobile i900 with BOHH% rom and I want to falsh it with DXHJ1 generic ROM

I have downloed the ROM and extracted the exe file

Then I have used EXEcutor 3.05 to disassemble the ROM into the parts shown in this image

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj99/elitom/rom1.jpg

then I have downloaded grand pric 1.6.4 vista and imported the Loader PDA and CSC files from the above screen grab so it looks like this

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj99/elitom/rom2.jpg

I have used the pda.bin file in the PDA box but do I also need to use teh phone.bin file - where is this used if it is needed?

all I need to do now is attach the phone reboot until it finds the phone then flash

Is it really that simple

do not want to brick the phone now !

cheers

EliTom

Don't select any phone part, this is incompatible on vista and 7. Further than that, you should be okay! Good Luck! :D

• 5 weeks later...
Guest menghuizhi
I'm not responsible for your actions and bla bla bla :(

The omnia is freaking hard to brick if you follow this tutorial though, and if something goes wrong, follow it again and your phone should work again. If it doesn't, try on another computer.

Before you start, you must have at least once synced your phone!!

I made this video. Sorry that it's sped up. Just pause to read the annotations and ask if any questions come to your mind. Because a picture says a thousand words. And a video has a thousand pictures :lol: :lol:

I start off with a rom file, they can be found on this forum. The one I'm currently using is made by Ock, Build 23541, M2D version. Found here.

****THIS IS FOR THE i900 OMNIA, NOT i910 !!!!****

Video:Flashing i900 Omnia on Windows 7&Vista

Sim-Locked i900! (not i910) owners, read this first:

[A sim locked i900 is a i900 which is not able to work with a sim-card of another provider]

1: Open up your phone, "call" to  *7465625*638*#

2: Type de NCK code in which you can find here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_Network_Code

shorter link   : http://bit.ly/nYg0B

shorter link 2: http://tinyurl.com/nckcodes

( Copy & Paste into url bar of your browser )

3. Type in the new NCK (12345678), and press OK

4. "call" *#7465625# to check the simlock status

5. "call" #7465625*638*# and type your NCK in (12345678)

Once that's done, you can proceed :D

Source: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=3101945
i910 owners, read this first:

If your phone has a rom named CF03, continue the tutorial, if you don't know, here's how you can find out!

Start-Settings-System-Version. Look at ROM Version, if it says "S:i910.10 V.CF03 then you have the CF03 Rom and are able to continue with my tutorial. If it says something else, you'll first have to flash the CF03 rom. Don't worry, I'll explain how;)

1: Plug your Omnia in with it's turned on. Windows will automatically download and install the drivers for you.

2: When this is done, unlpug your phone.

3: Download the VZW update software here: http://sharebee.com/bd345218 (just choose a link and download)

4: Run the file and follow it step by step.

*: Only plug in your phone when prompted to in the update process!

My support for i910 devices is limited, since I own a i900 omnia, but I'll do my best;)

source: http://www.modaco.com/content/i910-specific-omnia-rom-discussion/287708/start-here-before-flashing-a-cooked-rom-verizon-i910/

Read this after watching:

All right, the first tool is omnia EXEcutor, by pako777 Download it from: EXEcutor 3.05

The second tool is GrandPrix

Vista and 7 users, download the and open the attachtment. [Open as administrator!]

"USDL_GrandPrix_v1.6.4_VISTA.exe"

XP Users, use the XP version instead. It looks kinda different, but the buttons are the same, you should get it :(

"UMDL_GrandPrix_v1.8.10_XP.exe"

This is my first topic on modaco ever, if I'm violating the rules, please tell me, I didn't mean to :)

Big thanks to pako777, the creators of GrandPrix, all cooks, people that wrote my sources, people that suggested things to add, and people who corrected my mistake!

Without your help it wouldn't have been possible.

I like to cook myself too, but only in real life :P I kinda messed up on my attempt and I'm not wanting to bother anyone with my problem, I'm just a noob at cooking :) but if I ever will find out how to, I'll surely post another video! :)

Update 02/02/10:

-Replaced included zipped grand prix for unzipped one, same version (1.6.4).

-Added section for sim-locked device users.

-Quick video clean up, corrected pauses. You shouldn't have to click the pause button anymore.

-Added i910 support. i910 owners, please confirm wether this works or not.

Update 03/02/10:

-Added XP section. I beleive that my thread is now universal, it supports every windows OS (from XP on) and both i900 and i910 models.

-I'll film a big video tomorrow, showing the flashing progress step by step from a Windows XP laptop and Windows 7 netbook. I'll first reflash Ock's rom, then the dutch rom by Bruno Adler. Both differ a little bit.

Goals

[X] Get 10 reply's

[X] Get 50 reply's

[ ] Get 100 reply's

[ ] Get 150 reply's

THANK YOU!!! Your guide was just what I needed! I didn't want to mess around with VMWare or Windows XP (don't have an ISO file of it nor a CD installer) and I've been stuck with the traditional WinMo 6.1 for years! I've only been able to tolerate it because I installed SPB Home Plus which also tries to copy the whole interface of the HTC phones. Whoever you are, you have my deepest gratitude!

• 2 weeks later...

Service stopped successfully

Calculating file parameters(DISKIMAGE)....

Calculating file parameters(DISKIMAGE) Done!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PDA Device 1 ready to download!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PDA 1 starts downloading...

Don't plug it out until the label becomes blue!!!

EBOOT will be written.

Total 1 PDA region(s) will be written .

Downloading EBOOT...

PDA Reboot to download Eboot twice!!!

Service is already stopped. So I will NOT Re-start the service...

PDA Device 1 ready to download!

PDA 1 starts downloading...

Don't plug it out until the label becomes blue!!!

EBOOT will be written.

Total 1 PDA region(s) will be written .

Downloading EBOOT...

EBOOT finished!!

Downloading PDA region #1(DISKIMAGE)...

PDA Write count : 1042

PDA finished!!

Downloading CSC...

GetSize : 6164480

CSC finished.

Download failed!!

And now what?

In the bar says : Launch Filed!!

What now?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest yugoport

HELP please..

I made exactly whats written and in the video, everything went ok until it says job done but my omnia now wont turn on.. i press the power button and nothing happens.. someone help me please..