27/May 5.0.7.1 - CyanogenMod-5 for Nexus One online kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest AndyCr15
There is the ERE27 which is the "stock" for rooted users.

The MCR 1.5 Beta for ERE27 which is MoDaCo's version.

And there is this, CyanogenMod 5.0b4 with ERE27 which is Cyanogen's version.

Thanks, that's pretty much where I'm at though. I know it's subjective, but is there much difference between MCR 1.5 and Cyanogen's?

**EDIT** Also, as asked above, does this one have Himem built in? I don't think it's mentioned anywhere in post 1 or the kitchen details. Is it just standard these days?

Edited by AndyCr15

Guest Kruzkal
Thanks, that's pretty much where I'm at though. I know it's subjective, but is there much difference between MCR 1.5 and Cyanogen's?

**EDIT** Also, as asked above, does this one have Himem built in? I don't think it's mentioned anywhere in post 1 or the kitchen details. Is it just standard these days?

HIMEM yes.

Guest sthoeft

an someone tell me where the reats of the 512 RAM is gone? It's still missing 126 MB (what is quite a lot if you see how many Droids do just have this much)

an someone tell me where the reats of the 512 RAM is gone? It's still missing 126 MB (what is quite a lot if you see how many Droids do just have this much)

Used for Android itself

Guest sthoeft

But shouldn't I have in this case a total of 386 MB free after a clean reboot without any apps or whatever in background free. Where is the logic behind this. My PC also shows me 6 GB RAM even if the System itself is using up 1 GB of it, my Win Mobile Device also showed me my total and then the System went off this.

But shouldn't I have in this case a total of 386 MB free after a clean reboot without any apps or whatever in background free. Where is the logic behind this. My PC also shows me 6 GB RAM even if the System itself is using up 1 GB of it, my Win Mobile Device also showed me my total and then the System went off this.

Your phone is not your computer. Windows Mobile is not Android. The things you know about other devices don't always apply to Android. All of the ram available to you is available.

Cyanogen's rom also does something like pre-fetch on Windows, where it will load commonly used applications into ram in the background to have them load faster.

Also, using 386mb of ram is damned near impossible, so just relax.

Guest quark520

Anyone has the APP2SD problem as I do?

This is what I repeat the bug:

1. the APP2SD works and /system/sd automout after I reformat mmcblk0p2.

2. stars at the 2nd reboot, app2sd stops working, but works again after one more reboot. Since the pattern is repeating itselfe, i believe, most of the time, app2sd alternatives between reboots. i.e. works after 2nd, 4th reboots but fails after 1st, 3rd, 5th, 6th, 7th...

Edited by quark520

Anyone has the APP2SD problem as I do?

This is what I repeat the bug:

1. the APP2SD works and /system/sd automout after I reformat mmcblk0p2.

2. stars at the 2nd reboot, app2sd stops working, but works again after one more reboot. Since the pattern is repeating itselfe, i believe, most of the time, app2sd alternatives between reboots. i.e. works after 2nd, 4th reboots but fails after 1st, 3rd, 5th, 6th, 7th...

What tells you it "stopped" working? If it is because you install things and the internal memory goes up, then that is normal since some prog info goes onto the device everytime into the Dalvik Cache I think. In my experience, roughly a fifth to a quarter of my total app size is on the device still, so If I installed 100mb of apps, my intenal memory would have changed by about 20mb and about 80mb stored on the card.

I've not had any probs so far...

Dayz xx

Guest quark520
What tells you it "stopped" working? If it is because you install things and the internal memory goes up, then that is normal since some prog info goes onto the device everytime into the Dalvik Cache I think. In my experience, roughly a fifth to a quarter of my total app size is on the device still, so If I installed 100mb of apps, my intenal memory would have changed by about 20mb and about 80mb stored on the card.

I've not had any probs so far...

Dayz xx

thanks for your reply Dayz,

The reasons I claim it is not working:

1. df shows /system/sd is not automounted

2. after reboot, all apps cannot be run

post-638570-1265373070_thumb.jpg

Guest quark520
So it worked? Odd...

P

Yes, but it does work after reboot...

The "can't check if filesystem is mouted" info is normal?

Edited by quark520

Guest PeRKoniX

Hi

I already have installed CyanogenMod v5.0 Beta 4 on my N1. Do I need to wipe all data if I want to update to ERE27 v2 / MT v2? Or can I just install it over my existing installation without losing all my data?

Thanks!

Edited by PeRKoniX