27/May 5.0.7.1 - CyanogenMod-5 for Nexus One online kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest quark520

The APP2SD unstable issue is quite annoying since after reboots all the app stop working and I have to cp -a /system/sd/app /data/ (I even have to reinstall some of the apps)

Guest quark520
Hello,

Anyone know the answer to this Q?

I updated to the latest build in the kitchen and the Build number comes up as ERD79. Is this correct?

matches with mine

Guest stefanosk

Hello!

I used the 2nd baked ROM you provide here, and after flashed my Nexus1 and after start rebooted it I'm waiting more than 20minutes my device to boot

[it's seems looped on the animated nexus logo]

Any help please??

Thank you in advance!

Guest quark520
Hello!

I used the 2nd baked ROM you provide here, and after flashed my Nexus1 and after start rebooted it I'm waiting more than 20minutes my device to boot

[it's seems looped on the animated nexus logo]

Any help please??

Thank you in advance!

It COULD be the case that you have the same APP2SD issue... did you bake it in ur rom?

Guest stefanosk
Search. Go into the Bootloader, falsh again and if this won't help copy back your nandroid backup, wip and flash again. Happens from time to time

Worked! After wipe and flash again

Thank you very very much!

Guest fosseperme

i have a problem with this rom and nimbuzz; nimbuzz not work (not connect to my account) and only if i reboot the phone nimbuzz work. During the day i must reboot the phone because NIMBUZZ NOT WORK.

I flashed this rom from original beta4 by cyanogen (with wipe) and if i return to this rom, NIMBUZZ work nice; can you fix the bug modaco???

Guest Roy Roy

I downloaded the file, rename to update.zip and put to SDcard --> reboot to bootloader --> recovery ---> update for SDCAORD\pdate.zip --> It show "signature verification" and update aborted..........How should I fix??

Guest apalmer405

Quick one.

Since installing this great update, my mobile status icon is an H

It use to be a 3G icon.

What is the H for ? am I not using 3g now..

I am assuming this is part of the Google 3G fix, cooked into the new rom?

Any Ideas, people?

The "H" means you are connecting with HSDPA, also known as 3.5G, 3G+ or TurboG. It is an enhanced version of 3G.

Edited by Oriona

Guest gr8gorilla
Sorry but if i want to update to the new ERE27 also with cyanogen 5.0 beta 4 and etc.???????????????????

The reason for Cyan's rom being ERD79 is that the source has not (or had not been) released, so when it is released you will get 27.

Guest bu3askoor

Hello all,

i have updated to CyanogenMod v5.0 Beta 4 and have noticed one recurring issue. Programs such as My Tracks or AndAndo which can be used to track your movement via gps crashes sighting unexpected error. To be more specific my tracks crashes with this error "process com.google.android.maps.mytracks has stopped unexpectedly" and AndrAndro

"process com.javielinux.andando has stopped unexpectedly". Maps application works perfectly by the way.

Is any one facing the same issue or have a solution? Kindly share your thoughts.

saeed

Guest apalmer405
The "H" means you are connecting with HSDPA, also known as 3.5G, 3G+ or TurboG. It is an enhanced version of 3G.

Thanks for the info.

Is this a new feature because of the updates, the H that is?

Just because I couldn't find it in any Goggle info.

I had been using the phone for 3-4 weeks with never seeing it come up, now its all I can get.

Just hope I am not roaming onto another, 3.5G network and incurring charges.

I did read you could change the network preference in the *# menu options to select a specific type of signal to save roaming costs and battery.

Thanks again.

Guest DistortedLoop

Baked my own this evening with all the options except alt apn and a2sd. Flashing seemed to go fine, no issues.

WiFi is wonky, though. It's intermittent at best. I can turn it on, but it won't auto-connect to either of my WiFi networks. It takes forever reporting it's obtaining ip address, but then it fails, switches to the other network and does the same.

It takes me a couple of tries manually to get a connection, and even then the networking is spotty. Open an app that needs network access and it will report no connection available (ie, Browser says web page not found), despite WiFi indicator showing strong connection.

No such problems with the latest superboot himem ere27 image from the other thread.

Any one else same issue? Re-flash, I guess...?

WiFi tethering baked in also doesn't work...FC required when I turn on tethering. I see above posts that you need to get the app separate even though baked in? I'm not going to bother with that until I am sure my WiFi stack is working properly.

Any ideas?

Guest DistortedLoop
WiFi is wonky, though. It's intermittent at best. I can turn it on, but it won't auto-connect to either of my WiFi networks. It takes forever reporting it's obtaining ip address, but then it fails, switches to the other network and does the same.

Re-baked the ROM I wanted, re-flashed it, everything seems fine with the WiFi now. Cool!

WiFi tethering baked in also doesn't work...FC required when I turn on tethering. I see above posts that you need to get the app separate even though baked in? I'm not going to bother with that until I am sure my WiFi stack is working properly.

The baked-in WiFi tethering doesn't crash, but trying to start it produces only ""Unable to start tethering. Please try again!""