27/May 5.0.7.1 - CyanogenMod-5 for Nexus One online kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Re-baked the ROM I wanted, re-flashed it, everything seems fine with the WiFi now. Cool!

The baked-in WiFi tethering doesn't crash, but trying to start it produces only ""Unable to start tethering. Please try again!""

do 'adb logcat' before starting tethering and take a look what might be going wrong.

Guest DistortedLoop
do 'adb logcat' before starting tethering and take a look what might be going wrong.

Thanks for the tip. The intricacies of using adb are just a bit out of my noob skills just now. :D

I'll google up on it for future reference, unless you have a good tutorial to point me to.

As for the immediate problem at hand, I got it to work by "reinstalling binaries" or something along those lines from the menu button. I'd quote it better, but it's gone now. Works like a charm now. Posting this from my MacBook which is wirelessly tethered to the Nexus One over WiFi. ;)

cap201002091542.jpg?w=180&h=300

nice work ;)

one question about this, in past versions of CM, google would not install apps/settings i previously had.

i guess this is due to the custom aosp code used by cyanogen, but not sure.

can anyone confirm that it did sync apps/settings or did not?

Guest flankaflunk

I keep getting "Installation Aborted" every time I try to flash a new ROM. I've done a wipe and re-baked several times. Anyone else having this issue that knows a fix for this? Thanks!

Edited by flankaflunk

Guest batista70
Great work as usual Paul !!!! Thanks !!!! Works well with this Theme

I reflashed this ROM without theme, 'cause it gives problems with ROOT permission, don't know why.

Edited by batista70

Guest DistortedLoop
this is likely a stupid question, but where is the kitchen ? I used to come in here, and generate my shiny new kernel. I don't see it now. ;)

It's the first post of the thread...

Edited by DistortedLoop

I have problem with WiFi tethering baked in. It crashes or it doesn't start.

EDIT: solved by uninstalling and reinstalling it.

Edited by ascito

Guest DistortedLoop
I have problem with WiFi tethering baked in. It crashes or it doesn't start.

I had issues with it the first few times. Between various ROM flashes I also installed the apk file directly from the google code site (url is somewhere back in the thread). That stopped the crashing, but it wouldn't start.

With Beta 4 and just checked with Beta 5, it works fine. With Beta 4 to get it to work I started it, then clicked on Menu button and there was an option to reinstall binaries. That fixed it for me, and it wasn't necessary to do it with Beta 5.

I had a few issues with the first flash of Beta 4. Reflashing solved all. I'm nust a noob, but in your situation I would try reflashing the ROM, then the Wireless reinstall binaries menu item. If that doesn't fix it, install the files directly from the project site, try again.

Guest Chatt76

Wavescure forcecloses everytime rebooting phone and later trying to config it's telling me "no connection to internet". I did try overwriting it with the one from market but same issue.

Edited by Chatt76

Guest Nesousx
WHy cant I download the files? It just redirects to the modaco home page. Any help?

Clear browser cache. If using Firefox, you can just try the private navigation feature (CTRL+SHIFT+P) and try re downloading using this mode.

Guest surheeho
Clear browser cache. If using Firefox, you can just try the private navigation feature (CTRL+SHIFT+P) and try re downloading using this mode.

Thanks man, im using Chrome, I tried it with Firefox and it works. Thanks again!

Guest digitalrio

After flashing this I get stuck on the splashing Nexus logo. Same thing happens after I re-flashed. I seems like an infinite loop. Any help will be appreciated!!