27/May 5.0.7.1 - CyanogenMod-5 for Nexus One online kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

something is confusing me...

why is the backuptool.sh still executed in the update-script? The tool will backup and restore something that already included in the kitchen. It is simply not needed here.

An option to remove Google Maps or to put it to /data/app will be cool

what happened to the market? i don't have a market application anymore ... (i left all the default checks on, so basically i installed every optional component)

cheers

pascal

what happened to the market? i don't have a market application anymore ... (i left all the default checks on, so basically i installed every optional component)

I'm not sure... can this be caused by the backuptool? When it is executed it backups only the *.adp files not the .odex. So if you came from the stock ROM or from MCR they are missing and the adp-files won't work anymore. the backuptool is only good if you came from a rom with de-odexed files.

please correct me if I'm wrong...

Edited by PAQman

Guest Nesousx

I am a bit confused with this "new" kitchen. Should I wipe my MCR 1.4 beta 2 before installing this one? Will you release a MCR 1.4 beta 3 or MCR 1.5 (in a close future), or should we now use the one from Cyanogen cooked with your kitchen?

Thanks.

Which ROM were you coming from? Did you wipe? Can you see /system/app/Vending.apk via ADB

i came from a previously baked version from another baker here :) ...

unfortunately i don't remember the verison anymore but here is what i can find in the build.prop file in the zip file that contained the previously installed rom:

ro.build.id=ERD79

ro.build.display.id=MoDaCo Custom ROM 1.2, REBOOT REQUIRED

ro.build.version.incremental=22607

ro.build.version.sdk=7

ro.build.version.codename=REL

ro.build.version.release=2.1

ro.build.date=Fri Dec 18 16:34:34 PST 2009

ro.build.date.utc=1261182874

ro.build.type=user

ro.build.user=android-build

ro.build.host=android-test-20.mtv.corp.google.com

ro.build.tags=test-keys

ro.product.model=Nexus One

ro.product.brand=google

ro.product.name=passion

ro.product.device=passion

ro.product.board=mahimahi

ro.product.cpu.abi=armeabi-v7a

ro.product.cpu.abi2=armeabi

ro.product.manufacturer=HTC

ro.product.locale.language=en

ro.product.locale.region=US

i did not wipe and yes, i can see see /system/app/Vending.apk via ADB

hope this helps

i can see see /system/app/Vending.apk via ADB

i couldn't help trying something out.. i opened vending.apk with a file-explorer on the phone. it then wanted to upgrade the previously installed vending application with the new one but failed. i then went to settings --> manage applications and uninstalled com.android.vending and tried again.. now it just tells me it wants to install and then it fails and shows "Application not installed"

i also uninstalled the vending.updater and this didn't help either..

I've updated the kitchen not to include the backup script now, so the problem should be resolved if you redownload and reflash!

i wiped it in the meantime and re-installed the image i've downloaded and i had no google apps at all in the image.. allthough i am absolutely certain i selected them all. so i baked a new image and now it seems to work and i have the market back again on my clean wiped phone.. do you want me to downgrade to the old firmware to then try the upgrade again?

cheers

Pascal

i've noticed something else.. the main reason why i was o keen on getting this was openvpn. however it didn't really work out of the box. when i started

openvpn --config myconfig.ovpn
it connected but then it wanted to setup some stuff with ifconfig and set some routes with route and it always wanted to execute /system/xbin/bb/ifconfig and /system/xbin/bb/route but there is no /system/xbin/bb directory there.. to resolve this issue as a quick fix i simply created a symlink in the xbin directory which points to the current directory:
cd /system/xbin

ln -s ./ bb

since i did that it finds all its tools and openvpn works like a charm :)

Guest Robert Davidson

I had a few problems installing this ROM, but after a full wipe it installed sucessfully. The only problem I have noticed is if i leave the phone connected to the PC via the usb, the phone reboots itself for no reason. Its fine when unplugged, but when connected it reboots every 4 or 5 minutes.

Guest geahboi

will the Enhanced MMS application be ported over for these ROMs, both MoDaCo's and Cyanogen's alike? that would be an excellent addition to the kitchen.

If you're using .32 kernel, roll back to .29!

P

Did that, now back on stock ROM. SD card shows up, charging is fine. Wondering if I should go back to Cyanogen 5.0b2 .29

Guest InFlicT

Hi Paul and all. :)

First time poster. Long time lurker.

Just registered and signed up for AddFree and cooked a nice ROM based on 2.6.29 + Mem. (couldn't get USB/adb etc working with ROMS off XDA so i thought i'd try this)

Flashed and its great. Top marks. Great site and great kitchen, cheers for your hard work.. B)

Bring on the Beta 3!

Edited by InFlicT