27/May 5.0.7.1 - CyanogenMod-5 for Nexus One online kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Janx Zarniwoop

Those of you ready to flash and waiting... in the meantime get the passion rom and try it out. Sense is a greedy bastard with memory, but it's a small price for flash. There's a really good reason Apple is scared. No matter what happens in the courts, they're going to have their ass handed to them in phone sales.

Edited by Janx Zarniwoop

Guest bananachunks

Anyone move to 5.0.4.1 and having charging weirdness?

Just flashed 5.0.4.1 (baked) over 5.0.3 (baked). Plugged in. The lock screen says 95%, charging. Battery widget says 95%. Battery icon is green with no thunderbolt. About, Status says battery full and 95%. Green charge light comes on when plugged in, but nothing else changes. It's not /losing/ charge while plugged in, but not really charging, either. Several rebooted with no change.

Seidio extended slim battery...

Anyone?

Guest rootbitch

Hi guys,

I tried i now a couple of times, but I always get the following error while flashing with RA 1.6.2:

Copying files...

E:Can't chown/mod /data/app

(No such file or directory)

E:Failure at line 9:

set_perm 1000 1000 0771 DATA:app

Installation aborted.

Rebaked few times, same error.

Did a wipe on data/factory and Dalvik-cache of course.

Ideas anyone?

Thx.

Guest rootbitch
Ideas anyone?

If someone runs into this - solved it:

xaitax@w00t:~/tools/android/1.0-ERE36B-nexusone-superboot-himem$ sudo ./adb-linux shell

/ # cd data/

/data # ls -lah

drwxrwxrwx	1 0		0			2.0K Mar  6 05:53 .

drwxr-xr-x   14 1000	 1000			0 Mar  6 05:43 ..

drw-rw-rw-	1 0		0			2.0K Mar  6 06:42 lost+found

/data # mkdir app

/data # ls -lah

drwxrwxrwx	1 0		0			2.0K Mar  6 06:44 .

drwxr-xr-x   14 1000	 1000			0 Mar  6 05:43 ..

drwxrwxrwx	1 0		0			2.0K Mar  6 06:44 app

drw-rw-rw-	1 0		0			2.0K Mar  6 06:42 lost+found

Guest pagetronic
Updated to version 13 of jonasl's HTC_IME (kitchen).

P

How to activate it? please

edit : sorry <_< Long press "123" touch

Edited by pagetronic

Guest Nanu*1

Which Radio should I be using with this I have updated to 32.26.00.24U_4.04.00.03_2 and I feel that this could be the cause for the poor battery life, can anyone else put me straight?

Cheers

Guest DistortedLoop
Anyone move to 5.0.4.1 and having charging weirdness?

Just flashed 5.0.4.1 (baked) over 5.0.3 (baked). Plugged in. The lock screen says 95%, charging. Battery widget says 95%. Battery icon is green with no thunderbolt. About, Status says battery full and 95%. Green charge light comes on when plugged in, but nothing else changes. It's not /losing/ charge while plugged in, but not really charging, either. Several rebooted with no change.

Seidio extended slim battery...

Anyone?

That's a FEATURE, not a bug. Cyanogen ROM now has it built in that the battery will only charge if it's below 90%. Above 90%, no charging is allowed.

Supposedly your battery's physical life will be prolonged (not charge state, but actual physical life of the battery) if it only allows itself to be charged when it reaches under 90%. It supposed to reduce wear and tear on the battery by keeping heat down. I've not read the actual discussions that led to this feature, but there's enough questions like yours over on XDA to have picked up the reasoning for it.

Personally, I think it's very annoying. It should be a user option, at the very least. With this "feature" I am forced to leave the house with a battery that's not 100% charged if I take it off the charger at all before heading out the door.

I think you can work around this by turning off the phone and charging it that way, but I'm not certain. Seemed to have worked for me the other day.

Guest bananachunks
That's a FEATURE, not a bug. Cyanogen ROM now has it built in that the battery will only charge if it's below 90%. Above 90%, no charging is allowed ... Personally, I think it's very annoying. It should be a user option, at the very least. With this "feature" I am forced to leave the house with a battery that's not 100% charged if I take it off the charger at all before heading out the door.

Thanks for the heads up. Reflashed with that knowledge, hoping that in future releases it becomes a user setting.