27/May 5.0.7.1 - CyanogenMod-5 for Nexus One online kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest DistortedLoop
Nobody had a similar issue as I encountered (described in detail in #543) ?

Just wondering if I'm the only one and if it's related to adding IME to the ROM.

Thank you in advance.

Sorry if these are obvious things to check, but did you check the MD5 hash against the download? Maybe you got a bad download/file. (Though maybe it wouldn't pass the verification if that were the case...)

I've never had the problem you describe, but I've never had a MoDaCo baked CM_ROM work right with HTC keyboard baked in. I always just download the hack direct from XDA and install via adb. I'm sure plenty have no problems, though. You might try a non-HTC included bake and see if it flashes okay.

Another thing to consider is that Cyanogen found that some Nexus One's wouldn't load larger ROMS; so apparently they're not all created equally. He did some shuffling to get things to fit. Why not try a few less options in your bake and then adding them in from the Market or other source to see what you get?

Edited by DistortedLoop

Guest gr8gorilla
The online kitchens now feature 'Custom Ingredients' - view this MoDaCo topic for more details! <_<

P

I have tried to bake custom rom, with an uploaded zip and when it finishes uploading I get this:

Oops! This link appears to be broken.

Suggestions:

Go to www. romraid. com

Search on Google:

Is it down right now for some reason?

I attached the file I am trying to upload. It contains the correct file structure and has a custom live wallpapers.apk, browser and some framwork stuff inside it. and the newest htc ime keyboard.

Guest kwazyivan

Ok, as previously I cant get the Car Home App to work properly as the navigation doesnt work in the UK, only US in the Cyanogen 5.0.4.1.

The Car Home App from MCR works fine, but not the one implemented with Cyanogen 5.0.4.1

After speaking with (xkonni) and sending the logcats to his inbox, he couldnt help me much further.

I'm posting the Logcat here, and am asking still for further help please, Thanks in Advance.

Android Log: Mar 12, 2010 16:09:54 +0000

Mar 16, 2010: Removed Log Info, since no one will help. Never Mind.

Edited by kwazyivan

Guest gr8gorilla

The new features are still not working now I get this:

Not Found

The requested URL /bake.new.php was not found on this server.

Apache/2.2.9 (Debian) PHP/5.2.12-0.dotdeb.1 with Suhosin-Patch Server at kitchen.romraid.com Port 80Not Found

I upload the file and the bake fails. This feature is not working properly Paul.

Guest PAQman
I've never had the problem you describe, but I've never had a MoDaCo baked CM_ROM work right with HTC keyboard baked in. I always just download the hack direct from XDA and install via adb.

This is because the "libt9.so" is missing in MoDaCo-ROM. It's included in the HTC_IME.apk, but unforntunately it is not working. I don't know why.

Guest DistortedLoop
This is because the "libt9.so" is missing in MoDaCo-ROM. It's included in the HTC_IME.apk, but unforntunately it is not working. I don't know why.

Yes, that's correct. It must be Cyanogen's ROM is missing it. I discussed this a little bit on the xda thread with the developer a week or two ago when I was brain-farting and installing by pushing the apk instead adb install.

Paul includes libt9.so in his MCR builds, but it's not in Cyanogen.

If you actually install the app through an installer or adb, HTC_IME puts the libt9.so into its own application path. Paul can get away with it not being there in MCR builds because he puts it in the main system library.

Guest kwazyivan

WOOHOO " ;) "

I baked the CM 5.0.4.1 Rom without the Google Maps,

Restored an MCR 1.9 nandroid backup, and extracted the com.google.android.apps.maps.apk from it.

Installed the baked CM 5.0.4.1 Rom,

Installed the com.google.android.apps.maps.apk via adb (adb install com.google.android.apps.maps.apk)

Voila :P now I got the Car Home App Navigation working in the UK.

I previously tried the Brut's Google Maps r6, and many other options but none of it worked, but now couldnt care less, now that I got it working succesfully that is :)

Paul mate, if you had the com.google.android.apps.maps.apk from the MCR 1.9 Rom implemented into the Cyanogen 5.0.4.1 Rom or an option in the Kitchen, it would have saved some of us a Lot of Trouble.

Edited by kwazyivan

Guest jlook
i've got a weird error while installing apps from market...

it says installation unsuccessful, with a prompt "Installation Error Insufficient storage available."

I found I still have 120M free on device, but there's a "SD card secondary in "SD card & phone storage" menu.. see attached pic

any ideas?

post-332619-1264689413_thumb.png

hi , im getting the same message when trying to install navigon on my google g1 phone

have you found a solution yet ?

Kitchen updated! :)

P

Changelog

17/Mar - 10:30 GMT

Added framework support for Trackball Alert.

Added optional TCK 0.7.

Added optional TCK 0.7 with BFS.

Added HTC Sense wallpaper.

Added Quickoffice.

Updated HTC IME to jonasl's version 16.

Updated Titanium Mobile.

Updated Wireless Tether.

Made Calculator optional.

Added download mirror.

Guest fabiocampos
Kitchen updated! :)

P

Changelog

17/Mar - 10:30 GMT

Added framework support for Trackball Alert.

Added optional TCK 0.7.

Added optional TCK 0.7 with BFS.

Added HTC Sense wallpaper.

Added Quickoffice.

Updated HTC IME to jonasl's version 16.

Updated Titanium Mobile.

Updated Wireless Tether.

Made Calculator optional.

Added download mirror.

Thanks @Paul, for this great Kitchen work! ;)

Cheers

Guest mzach
Sorry if these are obvious things to check, but did you check the MD5 hash against the download? Maybe you got a bad download/file. (Though maybe it wouldn't pass the verification if that were the case...)

I've never had the problem you describe, but I've never had a MoDaCo baked CM_ROM work right with HTC keyboard baked in. I always just download the hack direct from XDA and install via adb. I'm sure plenty have no problems, though. You might try a non-HTC included bake and see if it flashes okay.

Another thing to consider is that Cyanogen found that some Nexus One's wouldn't load larger ROMS; so apparently they're not all created equally. He did some shuffling to get things to fit. Why not try a few less options in your bake and then adding them in from the Market or other source to see what you get?

Checked the MD5 before flashing (download + file on sd), also tried excluding IME, wiped everything except ext3 on sd. Flashing works without error, but as soon as I reboot it hangs, just baked a new Rom, still the same, even when leaving out some options.

Also, interesting thing is that "adb logcat" gives "/sbin/sh: exec: line 1: logcat: not found" which makes me kinda curious, but that might be related with the fact that I'm currently connected via recovery, will check once nandrestore is complete

Guest mzach

logcat was related to recovery - as I thought, makes sense since device hasn't booted ...

Gonna try flashing 5.0.4.1 without IME, AmazonMP3, Facebook + Office and if it doesn't boot overwrite userdata from nandroid backup

Edit: Removing above mentioned applications fixed the issue

Edited by mzach

Guest sealos

Paul,

If I go from the a full MCR 2.0 to either a baked MCR in the kitchen... do I need to do a wipe first? Or can I flash over it?

Cheers,

Sealos

Paul,

If I go from the a full MCR 2.0 to either a baked MCR in the kitchen... do I need to do a wipe first? Or can I flash over it?

Cheers,

Sealos

Full wipe required when moving to a different tom.

Guest Mantisen
Paul,

Is it possible to have corcal.apk as part of the kitchen when you update to 5.05?

I think those are ©-protected by Motorola so I'm guessing: No.

Guest Bay Harbor Butcher

Today or tomorrow will be released Cyanogen 5.0.5.1 with little bugs fixed.

I think Paul will update kitchen with this version.

Guest fabiocampos
Today or tomorrow will be released Cyanogen 5.0.5.1 with little bugs fixed.

I think Paul will update kitchen with this version.

I can´t wait for this update CyanogenMOD 5.0.5.1 Kitchen :)

Best regards.

Guest Bay Harbor Butcher
I can´t wait for this update CyanogenMOD 5.0.5.1 Kitchen :)

Best regards.

5.0.5.1 is out!

Paul..can you update kitchen?Do you also add Trackball Alert compatibility?

Thanks..

Guest Bay Harbor Butcher
Hi @Paul, i´m just waiting for Online Kitchen for CyanogenMOD 5.0.5.1 ;)

Thanks for this great/awesome job! :)

Thanks Paul..

Trackball Alert developer just updated his app and now it is compatible with Cyanogen roms!Thus now you can exclude Trackball Alert option from Kitchen..