27/May 5.0.7.1 - CyanogenMod-5 for Nexus One online kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest batista70
dont solve with wipe and reinstall any other help?

Try not installing : MoDaCo Additions (not part of the original CyanogenMod)

I haven't installed and it works without any problems or reboot

Guest AndyCr15
Look at my Video :

I'm on my Nexus now and can't get the video to play...

I've brought the baked ROM with me (not home till very late) just wondered if I should flash it.

Guest batista70
I'm on my Nexus now and can't get the video to play...

I've brought the baked ROM with me (not home till very late) just wondered if I should flash it.

I've no one problems with this ROM and it's very fast

Guest shmigao

great stuff

would be even greater if a black status bar could be optionally included (like enomther's black bar, or the one by drpfenderson (which is for G1).

:-) i am a black status bar fan

My Nexus keeps restarting randomly, though not a full restart as it shows the Nexus flash image for about 20 seconds and then comes back on..... it has happened once as a call came in.

Anybody else getting this?

Guest batista70
great stuff

would be even greater if a black status bar could be optionally included (like enomther's black bar, or the one by drpfenderson (which is for G1).

:-) i am a black status bar fan

I've installed this theme

Guest shmigao
I've installed this theme

hi batista70, i know i can flash a theme ... what i meant is, a black bar could be an option in the 'kitchen', so that black status bar fans don't have to do an extra flash...

sure, it's a fix for lazy users, and it wouldn't be the end of the world if it isn't available as an option in the kitchen... just a nice to have :-)

Guest batista70
hi batista70, i know i can flash a theme ... what i meant is, a black bar could be an option in the 'kitchen', so that black status bar fans don't have to do an extra flash...

sure, it's a fix for lazy users, and it wouldn't be the end of the world if it isn't available as an option in the kitchen... just a nice to have :-)

It would be very nice :)

Edited by batista70

Guest dogei22

Baked with Paul's additional apps last night, extra mem, no JIT or dev tools. Pretty great stuff, quite stable and very fast!

But, I got 2 no issues since flashing (coming from MCR 1.4b2):

1) Camera throws a FC at launch every time

2) Weather widget with flip clock ($$ version) does not update automatically any longer (the clock itself, you have to refresh weather manually to update time)

Any clues?

Otherwise very good, thanks guys!

---

EDIT: Sorry, my bad! Tried a full wipe, re-flash and restored stuff via Titanium and now it is running smooth as a baby's a**, no more FCs! :)

Edited by dogei22

Guest AndyCr15

A couple of questions about JIT. I've just been watching some video explaining how much quicker it makes the N1, so -

Is anyone running this ROM with JIT? When it says it's not stable, what are you getting? Apps FC or reboots? If so, how often?

Does JIT have a detremental effect on battery life? Mine seems bad enough as it is...

Do I have to wipe if I bake a ROM with JIT in?

Thanks.

Guest geovass

Baking with highmem patch gives me occasional reboots and device-freezes.

Gone back to the stock rooted rom.

Is there a way to add the highmem patch without disabling wifi?

I try pushing back in the bcm4329.ko /system/lib/modules and rebooted, but still the wifi service is dead.

Any clues ?

Is there a way to add the highmem patch without disabling wifi?

I try pushing back in the bcm4329.ko /system/lib/modules and rebooted, but still the wifi service is dead.

Any clues ?

Try it with this *.ko-file in the attachement.

I think it fix your problem.

adb remount
adb push bcm4329.ko /system/lib/modules[/codebox]

bcm4329.zip

Guest geovass
Try it with this *.ko-file in the attachement.

I think it fix your problem.

adb remount
adb push bcm4329.ko /system/lib/modules[/codebox]

hm... i tried that but it didnt work again :)

Guest benchallenger

Hi All - quick question. When I install and use the stock rom, after turning the phone on, the major battery user is always the dispay, with android system taking up only 2-5%. However everytime I install this excellent rom, then after turning the phone on the android system always takes up over 50% of battery use. Using astro, seems like android.system process always uses about 5-25% cpu, and in services, system_server mimics this behaviour and doesnt seem to idle.

Any ideas?

Update: three kitchen baked ROMs are now available for ANYONE to download! Sample the kitchen's delights for yourself! :)

• Base configuration (standard CyanogenMod with Google bits) - download
  • Base configuration (standard CyanogenMod with Google bits) with himem kernel - download
  • Base configuration (standard CyanogenMod with Google bits) with himem kernel and MoDaCo additions (see kitchen for details) - download