27/May 5.0.7.1 - CyanogenMod-5 for Nexus One online kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest 7wonders

Great stuff your doing Paul, managed to get me to come over on the ad-free :)

Any chance of dropping the motocal and corgal apk's in to your kitchen?

Great stuff your doing Paul, managed to get me to come over on the ad-free :)

Any chance of dropping the motocal and corgal apk's in to your kitchen?

I would say these are copyright software and I probably don't really wanna piss Moto off. I'm amazed they haven't clamped down more actually... corcal = motocal and corgal = motogal right?

P

oh thanks alot Paul. always great job. Super duper :)

What about app2sd ? app2sd is working or not yet. Going to try it now.

I'll add A2SD to the kitchen in a bit and update here when i've done so.

P

Guest janjan2
A2SD option added. Untested, please report back results! I'll add to the official changelog when it's been confirmed working... :)

P

Which rom is with A2SD? I guess

•Base configuration (standard CyanogenMod with Google bits) with himem kernel and MoDaCo additions.. Right?

OR

Its just for available to Premium members only?

By the way, You do recommend A2SD? Is it necessary? Just a question. Thanks you. I will try it and report it back.

Edited by janjan2

Guest astradtner

What's with the H icon in place of the 3G icon? Can we get an option to put back the 3G icon with no H, and to go back to the stock contacts app?

Which rom is with A2SD? I guess

•Base configuration (standard CyanogenMod with Google bits) with himem kernel and MoDaCo additions.. Right?

OR

Its just for available to Premium members only?

By the way, You do recommend A2SD? Is it necessary? Just a question. Thanks you. I will try it and report it back.

It's not in any of the bases, it's a kitchen option.

No, I don't particularly recommend it unless you've actually run out of space! :)

P

What's with the H icon in place of the 3G icon? Can we get an option to put back the 3G icon with no H, and to go back to the stock contacts app?

Both questions for Cyanogen's ROM thread!

P

Really don't understand what's all the fuzz about H and 3G....

I like to see both, because I then know when I have a good 3G connection or not... :)

BTJ

Edited by BTJ

Guest 7wonders
I would say these are copyright software and I probably don't really wanna piss Moto off. I'm amazed they haven't clamped down more actually... corcal = motocal and corgal = motogal right?

Yep, thats the ones. I wont tell them if you dont :)

H is HSDPA icon, 3G will be there when it's UMTS. Lets you know at a glance which you're using.

Stock contacts isn't included in Cyanogen, if you can find the stock .apk and adb push it you could replace, but why would you? Everything is togglable and it offers more options.

Guest AndyCr15

I'm assuming you're using the JIT with Highmem? If not, you aint seen nothing yet!

I just flashed the JIT version of the ROM, I use Documents To Go at the moment. Opening a file was taking maybe just over a second, now it seems almost instant!

I'll report back on battery usage and stability tomorrow evening.

Guest janjan2

Iam using the Base configuration (standard CyanogenMod with Google bits) with himem kernel. It works very nice and fast. without any reboot. Great job. But I found a problem with I press the power button the screen doesn´t turn off immediately. It turn off after screen timeout. Any one else got the samme bug?

Edited by janjan2

Guest kozm0naut

The Wireless tether app packaged kept FCing for me; I was able to use the latest one posted at http://code.google.com/p/android-wifi-tether/downloads/list instead.

EDIT: Correction, now I get a FC for the "superuser" app? And it says it's unable to start wireless tethering. I'm a noob, so sorry if I'm missing something obvious here.

EDIT: Just baked a fresh one and tried again, this time with mem and JIT. I don't know what JIT is, but I gave it a shot. Wireless Tether still doesn't work, even with the latest version of the apk.

Edited by kozm0naut

Guest Iamosiris

Thanks Paul. How long is it supposed to take for the device to reboot after installing the mod from the sim card?? I've been waiting like 10 minutes for my phone to reboot, but the screen with the shooting colors keeps replaying and I'm scared to touch it.

Guest Paraglider

Did you wipe before flashing the rom?

I didn't and then I had the same problel as you, the phone stuck in booting.

After wipe and flashing again, booting worked as it should.