Acer Liquid Kernel Source - Here it is

Guest chingy1788

Guest chingy1788

I believe the flan gallery cannot be ported to 1.6

As far as I know its not available on the old G1 running 1.6

Has anyone looked at the earphone problem,

where you plug in normal earphones then make a call and the liquid disables the internal microphone

Edited by chingy1788

Can't build it. Does I need something special to build an android kernel? (I have tools to build a kernel for my pc) or does I need to change anything in makefile/source?

Can't build it. Does I need something special to build an android kernel? (I have tools to build a kernel for my pc) or does I need to change anything in makefile/source?

is your first time that you build a rom based on kernel..??i don't know what u need but ask maxisma,he know how do! he has already done something with cpu 1ghz so he knows how build a rom with kernel source

is your first time that you build a rom based on kernel..??i don't know what u need but ask maxisma,he know how do! he has already done something with cpu 1ghz so he knows how build a rom with kernel source

I only trying to build the kernel. Is it not possible to build just the kernel and install it?

And yes, it is my first time I build something (except test-apps) for the android. I am very new with it, I bought my first android (my liquid) the 18-01-10

I only trying to build the kernel. Is it not possible to build just the kernel and install it?

And yes, it is my first time I build something (except test-apps) for the android. I am very new with it, I bought my first android (my liquid) the 18-01-10

I think kernel is useful to know how is builded a device, know drivers and config.. don't think that is possible to cook a kernel

I think kernel is useful to know how is builded a device, know drivers and config.. don't think that is possible to cook a kernel

Sorry my English isn't very good but i understand it as that you men that it is not possible to build just the kernel. Ok, then I will try an AOSP donut.

EDIT: seems to be much device-specific on the guides around the net, starting a new topic.

Edited by pajn

Guest chingy1788
I believe the flan gallery cannot be ported to 1.6

As far as I know its not available on the old G1 running 1.6

Has anyone looked at the earphone problem,

where you plug in normal earphones then make a call and the liquid disables the internal microphone

Can some one take a closer look at

/sound/core/jack.c

and see how earphones are handled

around lines 100-120 are some code that deals with what is plugged into the headphone jack

if (type & SND_JACK_HEADPHONE)

input_set_capability(jack->input_dev, EV_SW,

SW_HEADPHONE_INSERT);

if (type & SND_JACK_LINEOUT)

SW_LINEOUT_INSERT);

if (type & SND_JACK_MICROPHONE)

SW_MICROPHONE_INSERT);

if (type & SND_JACK_MECHANICAL)

SW_JACK_PHYSICAL_INSERT);

to me, it seems like at this level it supports normal earphones as well as headsets and dedicated mics

but no experience in these kernel code...

I wonder what would happen if the lines of code dealing with the microphone are commented out...

(I have no knowledge in how to compile this code then some how get it into a bin or img or zip format...)

Maxisma? Behnaam?

Can some one take a closer look at

/sound/core/jack.c

and see how earphones are handled

around lines 100-120 are some code that deals with what is plugged into the headphone jack

if (type & SND_JACK_HEADPHONE)

SW_HEADPHONE_INSERT);

if (type & SND_JACK_LINEOUT)

SW_LINEOUT_INSERT);

if (type & SND_JACK_MICROPHONE)

SW_MICROPHONE_INSERT);

if (type & SND_JACK_MECHANICAL)

SW_JACK_PHYSICAL_INSERT);

to me, it seems like at this level it supports normal earphones as well as headsets and dedicated mics

but no experience in these kernel code...

I wonder what would happen if the lines of code dealing with the microphone are commented out...

(I have no knowledge in how to compile this code then some how get it into a bin or img or zip format...)

Maxisma? Behnaam?

This looks normal to me, uncommenting it would just make the liquid not recognize anything inserted into it. The problem is probably somewhere else, at a higher level.

• 3 months later...
Guest Azatoth77

Hi guys!

Do you have enabled swap support in your liquid kernel for LCR?

I'm "Swapper for root user"'s developer and my app use swapon that return "function not implemented"...

do you can verify if swap support is enabled?

Thanks for your job :rolleyes:!