Build from source, kernel/aosp

Guest pajn

What I find that don't works is:

wifi

buttons

battery

su command

multi-touch (yet)

Battery, buttons and wifi is kind of important...

so there is still some work to do to make this fully working, but great work getting it to boot however!

Battery, buttons and wifi is kind of important...

so there is still some work to do to make this fully working, but great work getting it to boot however!

in fact,now they will works togheter to have a nice working rom i hope.. the big is done,now is only a problem to compile

in fact,now they will works togheter to have a nice working rom i hope.. the big is done,now is only a problem to compile

I think the big is not done, we only managed to compile what acer gave us :\ ..

I think the big is not done, we only managed to compile what acer gave us :\ ..

yes but a time done this is only a question to have knowledge to compile right?

For now I'm trying to enable multitouch, witch means edit the touchsreen driver..

Need to take a better look, but the processor didn't go to 1GHz yet..

Edited by disc0

Guest liquid_it

Let's say we made "step zero", which is not a big effort if you work on an htc kernel, while here it required (in order to be just half done, given that we still need some hardware drivers to be hacked to work properly) 1 entire week..

btw, it's still a step forward! ;)

For now I'm trying to enable multitouch, witch means edit the touchsreen driver..

Need to take a better look, but the processor didn't go to 1GHz yet..

wow!! we are with you!!!!!!!!!!

wow!! we are with you!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, got 1Ghz cpu clock, but strangely, i noticed that the liquid dosn't look so smooth now! Changing the home screen hangs a little...

Ok, got 1Ghz cpu clock, but strangely, i noticed that the liquid dosn't look so smooth now! Changing the home screen hangs a little...

mmm seems that default cpu speed is better than 1ghz?strange.. but nice thing done! now are u tring multiTouch?

maybe it was only what looked to me, need to test a bit more.. but it was a small hack, need to make it run properly...

But this would eat out battery very very faster.. What would be good was make the cpu go to 1Ghz only when needed, but don't if it could be done :|..

Actually, just touching on the screen makes it run at max speed, wich is completely unnecessary !

Edited by disc0

maybe it was only what looked to me, need to test a bit more.. but it was a small hack, need to make it run properly...

But this would eat out battery very very faster.. What would be good was make the cpu go to 1Ghz only when needed, but don't if it could be done :|..

Actually, just touching on the screen makes it run at max speed, wich is completely unnecessary !

my council: cpu at default speed is good for now

try to increase touch sensibility and then multitouch!

Guest maxisma

Nice progress made..

Hopefully the problems with the buttons etc are just config problems.. If not we need to recontact Acer, they have to provide the source for our PVT devices, instead of only the source for their testing devices.

Nice progress made..

Hopefully the problems with the buttons etc are just config problems.. If not we need to recontact Acer, they have to provide the source for our PVT devices, instead of only the source for their testing devices.

hopefully..... hope that is only a problem of remapping..

Need to look farther but, kernel seems to lack the battery driver (bq27210??)

there is only bq27200 and some others

This is useless, even if we tweak the kernel enough to run properly, we would never run the same performance us the pvt kernel config ( with pvt drivers ) :s ..

Acer was very mean!!!!!!

Edited by disc0

Need to look farther but, kernel seems to lack the battery driver (bq27210??)

there is only bq27200 and some others

This is useless, even if we tweak the kernel enough to run properly, we would never run the same performance us the pvt kernel config ( with pvt drivers ) :s ..

Acer was very mean!!!!!!

The only file named something like that is bq27x00_battery.c

Is it even legal to not release all code that are in the same binary (GPL)?

The only file named something like that is bq27x00_battery.c

Is it even legal to not release all code that are in the same binary (GPL)?

Of corse not, but they use this methods to not relase a working kernel..

First delay the release, then relase something works with the fewest features.

And only if they have many pressure, like lawyers or something like that, witch is very unlike to happen, then they need to release a fully working code

Edited by disc0

Guest maxisma

And only if they have many pressure, like lawyers or something like that, witch is very unlike to happen, then they need to release a fully working code!

Damned.. Acer sucks.

Ok, bq27210 is the acer_battery.c, but its not working, some other config it depends on!

Ok,I need to exit for a while.. I'll be here later..

Edited by disc0

i am not sure what is acer trying to do, and what they are doing is only to tell us customer that never buy any acer product again..

well, this might aswell be my last acer product.

since only bought it due to the price, i think i rather spend a bit more on asus , htc or whatever next time

lol damn all these internet laws and methods of prosecuting, remember the good old days when we'd be able to just hack acers website, flood there inbox with our demands till it continuously crashes, and send packets over and over to every server they have till they crash and give in to our demands :-)... not that i condone this type of behavior or EVER did any such thing thing ;) just saying it was simpler times when there was a such thing as consumer justice :D

And only if they have many pressure, like lawyers or something like that, witch is very unlike to happen, then they need to release a fully working code

Perhaps we could call in gpl-violations.org ?

Perhaps we could call in gpl-violations.org ?

lol yes maybe we could just all email them http://gpl-violations.org/faq/sourcecode-faq.html

it might be an honest mistake ;) they just didnt know what they were required to release of course id like to highlight and bold and underline the last sentence "If the build process fails, or you end up with a non-working executable, or you have no way to install the resulting executable, then clearly something is missing."