21/May r15 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for Nexus One with Online Kitchen - EPF30 Eclair

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest metatron
@metatron

settings -> lang & keyboard should have "Touch Input" now. Change keyboard by long tapping in a text input field and select input method. its called Touch Input.

No, I still just get the choice of Android Keyboard only.

I rebaked and treble checked I chose the right options, but the MD5 of the second rom was the same and had the same issue, wavesecure in and HTC IME not there.

Guest Nesousx
paul, nice work :D

i'd be interested in having additional languages as well, if those are available on your desire.

gave it a quick try but it did not work.

suppose thats not up to the keyboard, but to the dialer.

it works in the search bar though, but thats again not because of the keyboard.

@metatron

settings -> lang & keyboard should have "Touch Input" now. Change keyboard by long tapping in a text input field and select input method. its called Touch Input.

OK thanks, that's the dialer I was referring to. :D

Paul, pleeaase, we definitely need the Sense dialer on the N1. :lol: Thanks a lot!

Guest Paraglider

Your dl link doesn't work imho, I'm always redirected to the starting page.

EDIT: Alright right click and save as worked now :D

Edited by Paul

Oh sweet mother of jeebuz! Finally! Nice to see you've got your hot little (or big? lol) hands on a Desire ROM! Loving the HTC IME again - was missing it a lot from when I gave up my Hero for the N1!

for me, it says language is english but it uses my german dictonarie and it uses the german keyboard layout

so no problem for me, maybe the language button could be hidden :-) but that is no need!

for me, it says language is english but it uses my german dictonarie and it uses the german keyboard layout

so no problem for me, maybe the language button could be hidden :-) but that is no need!

i like english as my system language, but compose sms/chat in german... well... i can live without prediction etc, but it would be nice to have :D

Guys.. I dl the htc.ime but when I want to install it using standard installation procedure, it said application notninstall right after few seconds the loading bar appear..

I wonder what's the reason.. is there any requirement to install the htc.ime?

fygi, my nexus is unrooted n running on ere27..

Thanks in advance..

Guest metatron
Metatron, should be fixed now.

P

Certainly does, thanks Paul ! :D

On the setup for HTC IME, the calibration force closes ... not an issue at the moment just letting you know if you want to add it to a buglist.

Thanks !

Guest Tommy Yang

Hi, Thanks for the great IME. It works great and feels fancier than the original android keyboard layout.

Just have one question though. When i'm on the HTC IME, it doesn't seem to have a function to toggle between different input methods by long pressing any button like the android keyboard did. I have to switch to Google Pinyin input to type Chinese sometimes. Is there a way to fix this? Or it's a hidden button that I haven't discovered?

OK thanks, that's the dialer I was referring to. :D

Paul, pleeaase, we definitely need the Sense dialer on the N1. :D Thanks a lot!

Try NubDialer by Wysie from the market. It's an open source clone of the SenseUI dialer.

I can't get the link to work... :D I've tried saveas too and it tries downloading an HTML file...

What browser are you using? Someone on XDA had the same issue, seems that they were using Chrome and the browser didnt like the link. Ive just downloaded again using FF and its all good. :D

Guest damniatx
Just flash the .zip file as you would do normally in your recovery.

nothing happen, i have touch input on setting.

but how to make it my default keyboard. ? :D

Guest metatron
nothing happen, i have touch input on setting.

but how to make it my default keyboard. ? :D

Hold down on the text entry box where you are going to type and select "touch input" instead of "android keyboard"

Guys.. I dl the htc.ime but when I want to install it using standard installation procedure, it said application notninstall right after few seconds the loading bar appear..

I wonder what's the reason.. is there any requirement to install the htc.ime?

fygi, my nexus is unrooted n running on ere27..

Thanks in advance..

So unless I'm mistaken, you simply cannot flash a custom ROM (i.e. this one) onto an unrooted nexus. that's it.