21/May r15 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for Nexus One with Online Kitchen - EPF30 Eclair

Guest PaulOBrien

for me, it says language is english but it uses my german dictonarie and it uses the german keyboard layout

so no problem for me, maybe the language button could be hidden :-) but that is no need!

sadly in Italian is not working.... the main plus of this keyb is T9 numeric pad, but without italian dictionary is useless... :D

maybe I'm missing something, can anyone help me in this case?

thanks in advance

Guest bobtentpeg

Sadly, with the Desire IME you cant add words without all the extras like the calibration tool and whatnot. Trying to add words causes a FC

Also Paul, whats is different in Teknologists kernel?

Edited by bobtentpeg

FYI - HTC IME looks like this! :D

P

htc_ime_desire.png

Hi. Flashed the zip but my keyboard does not change. I have a rooted Nexus with Cyanogen 5 ROM. Is there anything or step that I am missing?

Thanks in advance.

Hi. Flashed the zip but my keyboard does not change. I have a rooted Nexus with Cyanogen 5 ROM. Is there anything or step that I am missing?

Thanks in advance.

Found the answer above my head. Thanks :D

Thks paul for HTC IME.

I wonder why we can't switch language? All t9 languages databases are in it but no way to switch to an other....

Can you switch IME language on ur nexus running the desire full dump ?

EDIT: I got my language layout and t9 after reboot.... But it still says english in settings. Sadly I can switch back to english when needed.

Edited by Lox-

Guest PhonePersona
Try NubDialer by Wysie from the market. It's an open source clone of the SenseUI dialer.

I've used NubDialer.

It's not bad, but it still needs a lot of work in terms of call history.

Guest PhonePersona
Works great!...

The only issue I've had so far is the force close when I try to open "calibration tool" for IME keyboard

I think you need to have the 'Clicker.apk' for Calibration to work.

I'm sure it's coming once all watermarks have been removed.

Although, since there's a new Desire ROM leak, it might no longer be relevant.

We shall see :D

Guest dogei22
I've used NubDialer.

It's not bad, but it still needs a lot of work in terms of call history.

Try Superdial, it does the same thing but includes the call history part.

Sounds easy enough then! :D

P

Sorry if I missed it but are both framework-res and services.jar DE-odexed now (I note Formel is referring to odexing services.jar above)? Definitely not nagging (know it takes time), just want to start on some themes for your ROMs...

Edited by sk806

Guest Formel-LMS
Sorry if I missed it but are both framework-res and services.jar DE-odexed now (I note Formel is referring to odexing services.jar above)? Definitely not nagging (know it takes time), just want to start on some themes for your ROMs...

No, it isn't yet. :D

Guest Formel-LMS

Yeah, sorry. I want to try it myself, but don't no, how.

My first themes are out, but are for cyanogens rom.

But I mean:

MCR is a bit more stable

MCR is a bit more snappier

MCR is better to battery

...but it's services.jar is unthemeable yet.

It's a great pity.

Apps2SD is not working with this ROM. It should really be removed from the Kitchen :D

I still prefer to have Apps to SD on my ROMS - Nexus doesn't have any more space than the Hero.

Will have to switch back to CM for now...

Guest DistortedLoop
But I mean:

MCR is a bit more stable

MCR is a bit more snappier

MCR is better to battery

Are those "feelings" or quantifiable findings? I'm just curious because I've been running Cyanogen (baked here) but haven't tried MCR at all, but I'd really like to get a feel of the advantages of running one over another. Maybe I should start a thread for opinions to chime in on the topic instead of polluting this one.

Anyways, "snappier" definitely seems like it's just an opinion - I mean how do you measure that?

"Stable" may be a bit less subjective, since you could count how many times per day you crash/spontaneous-reboot, but with Cyanogen 5.0.2 I haven't had a single incident - so how is MCR any more "stable" than that? CM_5.0.2 "seems" 100% stable on my phone currently.

Same with "better battery" - I suppose if you're 100% sure that over a given time period you performed the exact same foreground and background activities and there was a significant difference in the remaining charge you'd know, but how could you ever be sure, unless the battery drain is so much different it's clearly sucking itself dry on CM vs MCR?

I have read a few complaints about "Android System" seeming to run higher % of use numbers on CM_5.0.2 over on xda, but only a handful of people. My only observation is that "Android System seems to be in the 7-15% for me the few times I've checked it lately, and the only thing I have personal comparison to is when I was looking at that stuff the first week I had the N1 and it was on stock ROM. Back then it was always like 1-2%...BUT...back then I only had a few apps and service going, just the basic sync stuff, and I didn't use live wallpapers. Now I'm running a dozen apps all the time, I've got WaveSecure and MobileDefense running in the background, and I have live wallpapers turned on. Surely that's the difference for me.

I'm not challenging your statements, just trying to get a feel for what the basis for your opinion is so I can make a better informed choice as to bother wiping my ROM and checking out the MCR roms instead of sticking with Paul's bakes of Cyanogen.

Any thoughts?

Edited by DistortedLoop

Guest Formel-LMS

MCR is more stable:

Cyanogen has rebooted not often, but it has rebooted. MCR not

MCR is snappier:

It's feeling. When you scroll through the homescreens its a big plus at MCR

MCR is better to battery:

My Phone went longer with MCR than Cyanogen

I've both long enough on my phone. Now I'm on Cyanogen and it has the bit of sluggishness on Homescreen, that went me mad.

I'm sorry that I didn't have a textfile or an Excel Sheet with complete % and in and outs and that I can't give you an experimental answer.

It's my feling of using it for a week.

But:

I don't go back to the MCR ROM, if it isn't complete themeable. I've spend hours for themeing the nexus and with MCR i can't use it.