21/May r15 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for Nexus One with Online Kitchen - EPF30 Eclair

Guest PaulOBrien

Is this rom ended here?

yes i've got the same question, will you only develop the desire rom in the future?

i think we all know that running the desire rom is cool but it's not for every day use and some people bought a nexus because they don't want sense ui. So my question is if this rom is still getting updates or should we switch to CM for example?

yes i've got the same question, will you only develop the desire rom in the future?

i think we all know that running the desire rom is cool but it's not for every day use and some people bought a nexus because they don't want sense ui. So my question is if this rom is still getting updates or should we switch to CM for example?

come on... why should this rom end?

the desire rom probably just took all the time he had on the weekend :D

Guest bobchadwick

Hmm...I seem to have lost Gmail notification vibration. I'm pretty sure it had been working earlier with 1.6, but it's not now. I've tried wiping and reflashing.

Guest AndyCr15

Be fair to him, he is only one man and can only really focus on one ROM at a time...

Btw, someone (Dazie?) has been saying A2SD doesn't work on this, it seems to work for me...

Edited by AndyCr15

because MCR 3.2 for hero is on Beta since weeks

Fail to see the relevance of that really! :(

Hero ROM has stayed still for a while as no real advancements have been made!

P

Guest Formel-LMS
Not at all, hope to have a new update tomorrow! :(

P

Hey Paul,

thanks for reply.

I see, that desire rom is catching all your time for now.

Now, for Nexus are some new things released.

- undervolted kernel

- colourable trackball

- service.jar unodexed (you've said it - not me *lol*)

I think thats cool stuff for MoDaCo Custom ROM.

Guest DistortedLoop
Now, for Nexus are some new things released.

- undervolted kernel

- colourable trackball

- service.jar unodexed (you've said it - not me *lol*)

I think thats cool stuff for MoDaCo Custom ROM.

Okay to have as options, but there's too many reports of issues with the undervolt kernel for my tastes right now. MCR's become my go-to ROM for stability and extra features at the same time. I'd hate to see any instability baked-in without the option to deselect that component.

Guest android_lovah

Paul, for the next update, also please try to fix the functionality to be able to connect to Ad-Hoc WiFi networks.

thanx alot in advance!

PS: this is missing also in the Desire ROMs

Okay to have as options, but there's too many reports of issues with the undervolt kernel for my tastes right now. MCR's become my go-to ROM for stability and extra features at the same time. I'd hate to see any instability baked-in without the option to deselect that component.

For the Desire ROM (and this one soon) we're using Teknologist's new kernel that only undervolts at the minimum clock speed. No reliability issue at all. :(

P

Guest DistortedLoop
For the Desire ROM (and this one soon) we're using Teknologist's new kernel that only undervolts at the minimum clock speed. No reliability issue at all. :(

P

Thanks, Paul.

All your stuff is top notch. Really glad I found this site as quickly as I did. Absolutely no regrets on the premium membership! Recommending it to friends as they get Nexus Ones

Guest Mantisen
Not at all, hope to have a new update tomorrow! :(

P

Just don't wear yourself out :( Seems you're working 24/7 on updating different ROMs, can't be all "positive" stress from that :(

Guest Formel-LMS

P

Thats cool.

The first undervolted Kernel from XDA was without problems, then they go too many steps.

Thank you, Paul!

Just don't wear yourself out :( Seems you're working 24/7 on updating different ROMs, can't be all "positive" stress from that :(

Glad I have 5 days off from tomorrow! :(

P

Guest nlordau

Hi Paul,

I am using the 1.6 Modaco custom rom for the nexus one. Another fine Modaco rom - Thank you.

Although I am having issues getting HDSPA working on my Nexus One. My issue is, that when switching to the Modaco 1.6 Custom ROM, I lost my HSDPA icon in the task bar, it just shows 3G.

I have tried the following:

* Default Nexus ROM = 3G only

* CyanogenMod-5 for Nexus One = HSDPA

* 1.6 Modaco Custom ROM = 3G only

* 1.6 Modaco Custom ROM + Radio Image (fastboot flash radio): 20100203_2 (ERE36B) from Cyanogens forum = 3G only

Just wondering if you could point me in the right direction to get my HSDPA access back.

Please note the APN details on my wifes Hero and my Nexus are the same, and she gets HSDPA. I am baffled, please help.

Many thanks for all hard work you have done for the community.

Cheers,

Nathan

P.S. I am in Australia on the Three network (if that helps)

ROM updated to 1.7 - Now using Teknologist's Custom Kernel for Nexus One version 0.5. This is based on Cyanogen's .32 source with an evolution of the MCR kernel config. It includes undervolting (many thanks to persiansown), but ONLY at the base / sleep 245MHz speed.

My MCR for Nexus One will be getting a fuller overhaul next week when I return from holiday, utilising a lot of the optimisations i've learnt from my Desire ROM implementation. :(

P

ROM updated to 1.7 - Now using Teknologist's Custom Kernel for Nexus One version 0.5. This is based on Cyanogen's .32 source with an evolution of the MCR kernel config. It includes undervolting (many thanks to persiansown), but ONLY at the base / sleep 245MHz speed.

My MCR for Nexus One will be getting a fuller overhaul next week when I return from holiday, utilising a lot of the optimisations i've learnt from my Desire ROM implementation. :(

P

great to hear!

have a good holiday!

P

No sure if I can survive 5 days without updates ;-)