21/May r15 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for Nexus One with Online Kitchen - EPF30 Eclair

Guest PaulOBrien

ROM updated to 1.7 - Now using Teknologist's Custom Kernel for Nexus One version 0.5. This is based on Cyanogen's .32 source with an evolution of the MCR kernel config. It includes undervolting (many thanks to persiansown), but ONLY at the base / sleep 245MHz speed.

My MCR for Nexus One will be getting a fuller overhaul next week when I return from holiday, utilising a lot of the optimisations i've learnt from my Desire ROM implementation. :(

P

maybe you could implement this in future builts?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=636784

its native trackball colors

Guest Graphreak
ROM updated to 1.7 - Now using Teknologist's Custom Kernel for Nexus One version 0.5. This is based on Cyanogen's .32 source with an evolution of the MCR kernel config. It includes undervolting (many thanks to persiansown), but ONLY at the base / sleep 245MHz speed.

My MCR for Nexus One will be getting a fuller overhaul next week when I return from holiday, utilising a lot of the optimisations i've learnt from my Desire ROM implementation. :(

P

1.7 still uploading?

Pre-built links don't seem to work.

Have a wonderful Holiday.

Edited by Graphreak

Paul,

I am premium or plus (dont know which :() member, but I didnt include titanium backup in latest 1.6 baked ROM. Now I would like to go to 1.7 without having to install everything...

Is there a way to install the complete version of titanium backup...?

Thanks

Paul,

I am premium or plus (dont know which :() member, but I didnt include titanium backup in latest 1.6 baked ROM. Now I would like to go to 1.7 without having to install everything...

Thanks

Isn't it in the Market? :(

Guest DistortedLoop
Paul,

Thanks

Isn't it in the Market? :(

Yes, it's in the Market. Download it from there, then go to the Premium users' lounge here on MoDaCo and get your key to upgrade it to the premium version.

Ok, thanks

Another question... is it possible to apply the 1.7 update on top of 1.6 without wiping?

when updating to a newer version of the same rom, there's normally no wipe required. otherwise it would be stated by the dev :(

Guest Formel-LMS

Paul,

thanks for the new ROM.

My wishlist for the next:

- a bit More Undervolted like the first undervolt mod at XDA

- Native Trackball Colours as seen on XDA

- The automatic brightness control with better settings (as seen on XDA)

- And my best: ODEXED services.jar

I hope, you have nice holidays and we can see you in a few days here with new good ideas and a very impressive rom update.

Greetings,

Dennis

Guest ttownlarry

Hi Everyone,

Nice to be apart of this community. My question is simple for you but not for me. Trying to do some bakin in the kitchen but not sure what to do. I just updated to Mod Desire Alpha 10. I would like to add some things from the kitchen. Infact it looks like about 82.7 MB's. What do I need to do to install it? Is Wipe required? Do I just flash over A10? Thanks. Modaco, enjoy the slopes. :(

Guest DistortedLoop
Hi Everyone,

Nice to be apart of this community. My question is simple for you but not for me. Trying to do some bakin in the kitchen but not sure what to do. I just updated to Mod Desire Alpha 10. I would like to add some things from the kitchen. Infact it looks like about 82.7 MB's. What do I need to do to install it? Is Wipe required? Do I just flash over A10? Thanks. Modaco, enjoy the slopes. :(

Hi there!

You're posting in the MCR thread, so question is, are you wanting to switch to MCR or stay on the Desire Alpha?

To switch to MCR, it's almost always a good idea to wipe before flashing. If you're just upgrading the same ROM to a new revision, no wipe needed unless Paul advises it for some reason.

Does that answer what you're asking, or are you asking how to add some things from this kitchen to a different ROM?

Guest ttownlarry
Hi there!

You're posting in the MCR thread, so question is, are you wanting to switch to MCR or stay on the Desire Alpha?

To switch to MCR, it's almost always a good idea to wipe before flashing. If you're just upgrading the same ROM to a new revision, no wipe needed unless Paul advises it for some reason.

Does that answer what you're asking, or are you asking how to add some things from this kitchen to a different ROM?

Sorry for any confusion. Want to stay on Alpha Desire ROM but was under the impression that I could add more things to the Desire Alpha10 via the kitchen. The Aplha 10 Desire ROM for my N1 is 125MB. But the Bake that I chose from the kitchen is 82.7MB. So do I just flash Aplha 10 Desire ROM and than the selections I chose from the kitchen?

Guest DistortedLoop
Sorry for any confusion. Want to stay on Alpha Desire ROM but was under the impression that I could add more things to the Desire Alpha10 via the kitchen. The Aplha 10 Desire ROM for my N1 is 125MB. But the Bake that I chose from the kitchen is 82.7MB. So do I just flash Aplha 10 Desire ROM and than the selections I chose from the kitchen?

Which kitchen are you trying to add from? I don't think you can add from this MCR kitchen by just baking a ROM and flashing it, because the core files can't be removed and you'll overwrite your A10 stuff...could get ugly.

If you're trying to add stuff you had previously unchecked, or that wasn't included in one of Paul's pre-baked FROM THE A10 kitchen, you should be able to just bake what you want and flash over it.

If you're looking to add some stuff that's not in the A10 kitchen, try to find someone who's made that particular feature/app into an update.zip, or use adb to push the files where they need to go. (That's a discussion that belongs someplace else...plenty of instructions on adb here and on xda if you're not familiar.)

Do a nandroid backup before you do anything.

Also, there's a new version of RA Recovery posted on xda..."mandatory upgrade" per Amon_Ra's tweet.

Hope that helps

Guest ttownlarry
Which kitchen are you trying to add from? I don't think you can add from this MCR kitchen by just baking a ROM and flashing it, because the core files can't be removed and you'll overwrite your A10 stuff...could get ugly.

If you're trying to add stuff you had previously unchecked, or that wasn't included in one of Paul's pre-baked FROM THE A10 kitchen, you should be able to just bake what you want and flash over it.

If you're looking to add some stuff that's not in the A10 kitchen, try to find someone who's made that particular feature/app into an update.zip, or use adb to push the files where they need to go. (That's a discussion that belongs someplace else...plenty of instructions on adb here and on xda if you're not familiar.)

Do a nandroid backup before you do anything.

Also, there's a new version of RA Recovery posted on xda..."mandatory upgrade" per Amon_Ra's tweet.

Hope that helps

From this thread http://android.modaco.com/content/google-n...online-kitchen/

Post #1 has the 125MB ADesire ROM and Post #2 is the kitchen. where you can select and bake what you want. Since I already installed the A10 Desire ROM from post #1

Do I just chose what I want from the kitchen and than flash over the current A10???? Thanks for the help.

I tried to pair my bt hadset. After playing a bit I was able to do it. They worked as A2DP for a while. With outgoing calling, no way. I tried to pair hadset a second time, but I wasn't able.

Guest DistortedLoop
From this thread http://android.modaco.com/content/google-n...online-kitchen/

Post #1 has the 125MB ADesire ROM and Post #2 is the kitchen. where you can select and bake what you want. Since I already installed the A10 Desire ROM from post #1

Do I just chose what I want from the kitchen and than flash over the current A10???? Thanks for the help.

Yes, you should be able to flash anything from the A10 kitchen on top of your current A10 installation without problems. Be cautioned though, that I don't follow that thread, and if there's some information posted to the contrary, I wouldn't know it. I try to make a habit of reading every post in the threads related to the ROMs and hacks I use.

It's generally accepted that you can safely flash without wipe the same ROM over itself. Just make sure you have a backup, and re-read the first two posts in the thread - one is the instructions and the second is the changelog. Any warnings should be in those two.

Good luck.

I would like some more languages for the HTC_IME keyboard (Italian for example :(

thanks

And finnish would be nice too :( also could it be possible to get more locale settings. CyanogenMod has a lot of locales, could those be imported to this Desire ROM?

Guest Mantisen
I would like some more languages for the HTC_IME keyboard (Italian for example :(

thanks

And finnish would be nice too :( also could it be possible to get more locale settings. CyanogenMod has a lot of locales, could those be imported to this Desire ROM?

There is a HTC_IME keyboard available with more languages over at xda-developers, just a simple matter of removing the one that you baked into the MCR and installing the files that are up over at xda.

:(

There is a HTC_IME keyboard available with more languages over at xda-developers, just a simple matter of removing the one that you baked into the MCR and installing the files that are up over at xda.

:(

yeah i tested that, but it wasn't the kind of i would have liked. But still missing the locales that are found in CyanogenMod

Guest AndyCr15

Hmm, I've just updated to 1.7 and my A2SD seems to have stopped working. More over, many apps seem to force close when I try and open them. Is this perhaps because it thinks A2SD is installed, but infact they are being stored on the phone?

Google Earth is only about the 5th app I've put on there, but I noticed internal storage drop about 20 meg, but even with 120 meg spare it error's on opening saying there isn't enough disc space and FC's. :(

**EDIT** I think I just realised what I did that would probably cause an issue. I installed from one SD card (8gig) and now I'm using a 2gig with different size partitions. Would that cause the problem?

Edited by AndyCr15