21/May r15 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for Nexus One with Online Kitchen - EPF30 Eclair

Guest PaulOBrien

There is a HTC_IME keyboard available with more languages over at xda-developers, just a simple matter of removing the one that you baked into the MCR and installing the files that are up over at xda.

:(

How can I unistall the one inside MCR? I have tried and it is not listed in Apps manager. And If I try to install the one with languages, then Nexus1 recognises that I have it installed and dont let me install, just uninstall (but it does not work either).

How can I unistall the one inside MCR? I have tried and it is not listed in Apps manager. And If I try to install the one with languages, then Nexus1 recognises that I have it installed and dont let me install, just uninstall (but it does not work either).

adb remount

$ adb shell rm /system/app/HTC_IME.apk

$ adb shell rm -rf /data/data/com.htc.android.htcime

You must remove all references to HTC_IME from packages.xml too: 

$ adb pull /data/system/packages.xml . 

(edit packages.xml removing the ref)

$ adb push packages.xml /data/system/

$ adb reboot

Edited by PieR

thanks to the new kernel my phones battery will now last for around 2.5 days!

that's great

the time is calculated, i used 10% in 6h15minutes so it should be around 2.5 days

Guest DistortedLoop
thanks to the new kernel my phones battery will now last for around 2.5 days!

that's great

the time is calculated, i used 10% in 6h15minutes so it should be around 2.5 days

Wow, I can't imagine stretching my Nexus One to 2.5 days, especially on a stock 1400 mah battery.

I'm curious what you're actually running on the phone. I have the new kernel AND a 1600 mah battery, I can just barely make it through 18 hours. I'm about 5% left on the battery if I don't do any interim charges. I was getting maybe 12 hours last time I paid attention, but since then I've added the larger battery and the new kernel, so not sure which is giving how much of the gain.

I think any report of battery life isn't very helpful unless it either includes your typical usage, or at least a comparison (ie., you estimate to get 2.5 days now, but what we're you getting with the old kernel?).

I've gout Touiteur running, but it only polls every 4 hours, WaveSecure, gmail and email set to pull every half hour. I get a couple dozen SMS messages per day, and I listen to 2-2 hours of music/podcasts. I was running live wallpapers, but I've switched to a pure black wallpaper for both aesthetics and to save about 8% battery (per the usage stats). In the end, though, the screen is ALWAYS the vast majority of battery drain, sometimes 70%. I run about 60% brightness witht auto-brightness is enabled.

sorry for my question :

now I'm with cyano kitchen rom and like to migrate to this modaco kitchen ...

need a wipe ?

if yes, how I can backup my applications so don't install all again ?

Tks for reply

sorry for my question :

now I'm with cyano kitchen rom and like to migrate to this modaco kitchen ...

need a wipe ?

if yes, how I can backup my applications so don't install all again ?

Tks for reply

yep you have to wipe.

you can back them up with titanium backup for example. but they should automatically be restored when entering your google account.

Wow, I can't imagine stretching my Nexus One to 2.5 days, especially on a stock 1400 mah battery.

I'm curious what you're actually running on the phone. I have the new kernel AND a 1600 mah battery, I can just barely make it through 18 hours. I'm about 5% left on the battery if I don't do any interim charges. I was getting maybe 12 hours last time I paid attention, but since then I've added the larger battery and the new kernel, so not sure which is giving how much of the gain.

I think any report of battery life isn't very helpful unless it either includes your typical usage, or at least a comparison (ie., you estimate to get 2.5 days now, but what we're you getting with the old kernel?).

I've gout Touiteur running, but it only polls every 4 hours, WaveSecure, gmail and email set to pull every half hour. I get a couple dozen SMS messages per day, and I listen to 2-2 hours of music/podcasts. I was running live wallpapers, but I've switched to a pure black wallpaper for both aesthetics and to save about 8% battery (per the usage stats). In the end, though, the screen is ALWAYS the vast majority of battery drain, sometimes 70%. I run about 60% brightness witht auto-brightness is enabled.

i am using wifi the whole time today

twitter with touiteur updating every 5 minutes

gmail push

wavesecure is running too

i get only around 1-2 sms a day

but use googletalk as some kind of sms for around don't know 10-20 msges

thats it

before 1.7 i get around 1.5 days of use

at the moment i have got 88% left after 9hours 19minutes use

and most of the time i am running the screen on the lowest brightness, when not outside

Edited by qvert

yep you have to wipe.

you can back them up with titanium backup for example. but they should automatically be restored when entering your google account.

tks :

if i make a nandroid backup and save the data.img, then after wipe and flash the rom can i flash my data image so don't lost nothing ?

Guest DistortedLoop
i am using wifi the whole time today

twitter with touiteur updating every 5 minutes

gmail push

wavesecure is running too

i get only around 1-2 sms a day

but use googletalk as some kind of sms for around don't know 10-20 msges

thats it

before 1.7 i get around 1.5 days of use

at the moment i have got 88% left after 9hours 19minutes use

and most of the time i am running the screen on the lowest brightness, when not outside

Thanks.

I think in the end that the screen is (obviously) the biggest drain on the device, so someone like me who needs to keep it on the brighter end of the output curve is pretty much limited in substantial battery life prolongation. Display is followed by how much you're pulling data off EDGE/3G (and worse, looking for a signal). I wonder how underclocking/undervolting really impacts a device under strict test conditions for various usage patterns. Nothing I've got the time to even attempt to do, but it would be nice to see.

Either way, every little bit helps, and as long as it doesn't impact stability, I say go for it.

At the risk of going off-topic, if you're really in need of every last drop of juice, I recommend this 1600 mah from Seidio. I also purchased the 2800 mah battery and phone back from them, but the fit and finish of the phone back is atrocious, so I'm inclined to send it back (though on another forum they've offered me a replacement to see if it's a design issue or flawed product I received).

Guest slyydrr
Thanks.

I think in the end that the screen is (obviously) the biggest drain on the device, so someone like me who needs to keep it on the brighter end of the output curve is pretty much limited in substantial battery life prolongation. Display is followed by how much you're pulling data off EDGE/3G (and worse, looking for a signal). I wonder how underclocking/undervolting really impacts a device under strict test conditions for various usage patterns. Nothing I've got the time to even attempt to do, but it would be nice to see.

Either way, every little bit helps, and as long as it doesn't impact stability, I say go for it.

At the risk of going off-topic, if you're really in need of every last drop of juice, I recommend this 1600 mah from Seidio. I also purchased the 2800 mah battery and phone back from them, but the fit and finish of the phone back is atrocious, so I'm inclined to send it back (though on another forum they've offered me a replacement to see if it's a design issue or flawed product I received).

I get about 2-3 days out of my battery depending on usage of course. My results closely resemble those of qvert's although with a different usage pattern. I have WiFi always off, Seesmic with 1 hr updates, Google Voice w/ 20 minute polling, and of course to support this, background data always on. I also usually have Facebook running with 4 hour polling. I run a few other things as well (simple widgets, a notification app I wrote that I'm releasing soon, along with SetCPU) and I get pretty decent battery life.

I have 82% left after 6 hours (and this is a heavy day so far) with 44% (25 minutes) due to voice calls and 38% (35 minutes) due to display. I send about 30-40 SMS's day, but sometimes upwards of 50. I talk on the phone for about 30 minutes a day at most, but that also is dependent on the day. Screen is at about mid brightness.

Hi ,

I just signed up for adfree :( and baked myself a rom..

however when i try and use wireless tethering or wired tethering it says my kernel is unsupported... and that the kernel doesnt have the necessary features..

this is 1.7 baked yesterday.. something ive done or need to do or is it something that has been missed out in this kernel accidentally?

cheers

Guest DistortedLoop
Hi ,

I just signed up for adfree :( and baked myself a rom..

however when i try and use wireless tethering or wired tethering it says my kernel is unsupported... and that the kernel doesnt have the necessary features..

this is 1.7 baked yesterday.. something ive done or need to do or is it something that has been missed out in this kernel accidentally?

cheers

Don't think it's you. I had working WiFi tether with MCR previously. Hadn't checked it since going to 1.7, but I'll confirm that even after a fresh reboot it just force closes itself every time I try to turn it on. No messages about the kernel, though.

Don't think it's you. I had working WiFi tether with MCR previously. Hadn't checked it since going to 1.7, but I'll confirm that even after a fresh reboot it just force closes itself every time I try to turn it on. No messages about the kernel, though.

Yeah the wireless tethering just crashes straight away.. the wired tethering gives me the kernel message..

I assume they are both related..

Would be nice to see this fixed pretty please :(

Guest DistortedLoop
Yeah the wireless tethering just crashes straight away.. the wired tethering gives me the kernel message..

I assume they are both related..

Would be nice to see this fixed pretty please :(

I got WiFi tethering to work by uninstalling the app, then reinstalling a downloaded copy from the google code site. Open it, don't turn on tethering yet, click on menu, then on setup, then on menu again, and click on the grey "reinstall binaries/config" button. Exit out to the main screen and start tethering.

Working great now, my iPhone is tethered to my Nexus One as I type this.

I got WiFi tethering to work by uninstalling the app, then reinstalling a downloaded copy from the google code site. Open it, don't turn on tethering yet, click on menu, then on setup, then on menu again, and click on the grey "reinstall binaries/config" button. Exit out to the main screen and start tethering.

Working great now, my iPhone is tethered to my Nexus One as I type this.

Yep that worked :(

I have just noticed with 1.7 i am having some strange things happen in with gallery... When i view photos in the gallery that are from picasa web albums.. It starts loading the photo but the photo never sharpens up it is just left all blurry. I have no idea if this is related to this ROM or if its a bug in gallery, has anyone else experienced this happening?

Guest DistortedLoop
Yep that worked :(

Thanks, DistortedLoop! Reinstalling did the trick!

I learned that one the hard way a few ROMs ago. :(

Seems to be hit or miss for me on ROM upgrades if I have to go through those steps again or not.

Guest DistortedLoop
I have just noticed with 1.7 i am having some strange things happen in with gallery... When i view photos in the gallery that are from picasa web albums.. It starts loading the photo but the photo never sharpens up it is just left all blurry. I have no idea if this is related to this ROM or if its a bug in gallery, has anyone else experienced this happening?

I noticed similar behavior when I first upgraded to 1.7. I rebooted the phone, opened the Gallery, then just waited a long time before opening any pictures. They're all fine now. Try a reboot, give it some time. Maybe something to do with cacheing or something?

HELP ME !!!

bluetooth no works ..... when I push the button to activate the phone remain stopped, no freeze, but not activate

why ?

tks to everybody, please ...

sorry for my english

my phone ; nexus with baked 1.7 modaco rom ...

tks again

Edited by joint

Guest Wardski

Seems theres some real problems with this ROM. I think I'll just stick to stock ERE36B for the time being....

The only 2 bugs I get is that sometimes when I go into gallery, none of the pics on my SD card are recognised. I simply close gallery, and reload it and they're all found... The other bug is with bluetooth and my in-car kit. When making a call, theres some weird whistling sound at the start and finish of a call. It never did this with ERE27 ROM.

The rest is all good tho!

Edited by Wardski

Guest DistortedLoop
Seems theres some real problems with this ROM. I think I'll just stick to stock ERE36B for the time being....

This ROM's darn good. I've no problems with it.

If you're having problems with this one, did you try a wipe and install if you were coming from some other ROM?

Edited by DistortedLoop

Guest Michael Spencer Jr.

I've caused a problem for myself. Was running MCR 1.6. Flashed to MCR 1.7 without wiping. Neither wired nor wifi tethering works. Flashed back to MCR 1.6 without wiping. Stuck on a boot loop now: I get to the animated particle X logo. That animation loop plays most of one cycle, then freezes, screen is black for a brief moment, then that animation loop restarts. This cycle continues indefinitely.

I try to flash back to MCR 1.7 -- because that at least booted -- and I get the following error message during the update:

Press Trackball to confirm,

any other key to abort.

Install from sdcard...

Finding update package...

Opening update package...

Verifying update package...

Installing update...

Copying files...

E:Failure at line 3:

copy_dir PACKAGE:data DATA:

Installation aborted.

I have some GPS destination shortcuts on my desktop I'd rather not lose, and a license key for some navigation software that I REALLY don't want to lose as that might cost me another $35 USD to replace. I (too late of course) completed a NAND backup just now, hoping I can fsck the filesystem on another system and recover/restore some of the data.

Do I NEED to wipe my data partition in order to return to working order? Or can I perform some filesystem surgery on it once I get home and hook it up to my laptop?

Thanks again.