21/May r15 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for Nexus One with Online Kitchen - EPF30 Eclair

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest AndyCr15

I've had that and yes, I have to wipe to make ROM flash's work these days :( I thought it was a damaged SD card, but it seems quite a few people have the same issue these days. I would love to know what causes it.

You can flash your data.img (from a recent nandroid backup) back on afterwards to pretty much put everything back, but I found I had a few errors with apps not really registering properly then.

Guest qvert

could you implement this in future built?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=640179

it's multi color trackball notification but not only the last notification, it rotates every rotation so it changes color

edit: currently it seems to be not working on MCR but on CM, don't know maybe you could fix it somehow

Edited by qvert

Guest Formel-LMS

Yes, that would be great.

And the new Auto-Brightness Settings on the new CM Rom are very very good! This in an MCR ROM... fantastic!

Guest qvert
Yes, that would be great.

And the new Auto-Brightness Settings on the new CM Rom are very very good! This in an MCR ROM... fantastic!

there is also a change at the virtual keypads in CM, maybe you can get this working on MCR since MCR hase a lot of less bugs

Guest DistortedLoop
How to get the dutch language for the HTC EMI keyboard?

It's not there as an option under Settings/Language & KeyboardTouch Input (settings)/Language?

Guest Michael Spencer Jr.

No, wired tethering complained of missing kernel support.

Edited by Michael Spencer Jr.

Guest davidcroda
Hey can anyone confirm whether they have got wired tethering working in this 1.7 mcr Rom ?

It works fine for me if you get a kernel error just download it from the actual website then reinstall. There is a clickable link in the about menu

Guest teknologist

Hi everyone,

I am already running a TCK 0.6 kernel for a few days on my N1. It is based on the android MSM 2.6.33 kernel tree with our config and just 2 tweaks from the XDA community:

-Undervolted only for the sleep frequency of 245Mhz

-Softbuttons readjustments

The kernel is uber stable ! (had a few spontaneous reboots myself with CM version of 2.6.33 so, as we aim for stability here, I decided to base this one and all our future kernels on the official google android msm kernel tree)

It's fast and the battery life is amazing!

Everything works like a charm.

As soon as Paul is back from holidays, I am pretty sure they will be available through the kitchens and ROM packages for both MCR and Desire ROMs

please be patient !

Cheers!

Guest AndyCr15

Well, unless someone figures why some of us have to wipe each time now, due to the data write error, I'm not wanting to keep upgrading my ROM these days... but that does sound good, so maybe just one more :(

Guest leemafox

I'm using an older version of MCR .

Anyone manage to update to this without wipe ? I don't feel like going through that whole process

Guest Chicaned
Hi everyone,

I am already running a TCK 0.6 kernel for a few days on my N1. It is based on the android MSM 2.6.33 kernel tree with our config and just 2 tweaks from the XDA community:

-Undervolted only for the sleep frequency of 245Mhz

-Softbuttons readjustments

The kernel is uber stable ! (had a few spontaneous reboots myself with CM version of 2.6.33 so, as we aim for stability here, I decided to base this one and all our future kernels on the official google android msm kernel tree)

It's fast and the battery life is amazing!

Everything works like a charm.

As soon as Paul is back from holidays, I am pretty sure they will be available through the kitchens and ROM packages for both MCR and Desire ROMs

please be patient !

Cheers!

Hi Teknologist,

Excuse my ignorance but 'Undervolted only for the sleep frequency of 245Mhz', does that mean I don't need to use SetCPU anymore? I only use it to clock the CPU to 245Mhz when it goes into sleep mode.

Many thanks for your hard work by the way.

Guest teknologist
Hi Teknologist,

Excuse my ignorance but 'Undervolted only for the sleep frequency of 245Mhz', does that mean I don't need to use SetCPU anymore? I only use it to clock the CPU to 245Mhz when it goes into sleep mode.

Many thanks for your hard work by the way.

You can keep using setCPU that way. So you are sure when screen is off (device is sleep) it runs at 245Mhz..and therefore is undervolted.

I do achieve over 2 days + of battery life for a normal smartphone use...

Guest Chicaned
You can keep using setCPU that way. So you are sure when screen is off (device is sleep) it runs at 245Mhz..and therefore is undervolted.

I do achieve over 2 days + of battery life for a normal smartphone use...

I'm only using SetCPU for that way though. Does your new kernal do this for me instead of having to use SetCPU, or will it save me more power when I use it with SetCPU?

Edited by Chicaned

Guest teknologist
I'm only using SetCPU for that way though. Does your new kernal do this for me instead of having to use SetCPU?

Nope. That's why I said, you can keep using setCPU to make sure it stays at 245Mhz while in sleep mode otherwise it can change to higher CPU when in sleep mode because of the Ondemand CPU governor.

Again, keep on using setCPU so you "lock" the CPU to 245Mhz while it's asleep.

Got it ?

Guest Chicaned
Nope. That's why I said, you can keep using setCPU to make sure it stays at 245Mhz while in sleep mode otherwise it can change to higher CPU when in sleep mode because of the Ondemand CPU governor.

Again, keep on using setCPU so you "lock" the CPU to 245Mhz while it's asleep.

Got it ?

:( Yes sir! :(

Guest teknologist
:( Yes sir! :(

Cool!

By the way the current TCK 0.5 kernel (available in MCR 1.7) already does undervolt at base/sleep freqs.

The big change with the next TCK is that it's based on the stock/official google android kernel sources rather than Cyanogen's tweaked sources and it's also a newer one than TCK 0.5. it's based on kernel tree 2.6.33 released as test1 last week by Google.

Again speed, stability and battery life are great. I have been using it for a little bit less than a week.

I am pretty sure you'll all love it.

And I've also heard it's coming soon to online kitchens near you ;-)

Guest wjaxxx

Hi Paul and others.

I have noticed from the Desire ROM testing myself that SenseUI is much smoother than android stock "desktop". I mean, when fliping pages on "desktop" the Sense UI does the job much better. I dont know if it is just a matter of the effect accel settings and so on or about the implementation itself.

Do you have any ideas on how to make android "desktop" smoother...

Thanks!

Guest DistortedLoop
It's there for me, but I use the HTC_IME keyboard direct from XDA. You could head over to this forum and try downloading and installing the apps yourself: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread...ghlight=install

Oh, I just had another thought on this.

The version I referenced above places a file called ".htcime" in the root of your sd card. It's the config file for showing what languages you get as options. I'm not sure Paul's rom places that file there. You could just grab the zip from the above first post (use the hi-res version), then extract and place that file on your card and see if that fixes it.

Another thing I don't see included in the actual zip file for Paul's rom is the clicker.apk file. This is the calibration tool applications (calibration is an option in Settings/Language & Keyboard/Touch Input. I'm running Cyanogen right now, and I alway manually install the HTC_IME keyboard on top of Paul's roms when I use them, so I can't check if it's actually installed somehow. You might check you can calibrate to confirm that. If not, then you'll definitely want to install clicker.apk, since calibration should help keyboard accuracy.

Good luck.