21/May r15 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for Nexus One with Online Kitchen - EPF30 Eclair

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest xeeder

I had that version, so the ".htcime" is still in my root...

When I want to uninstall the HTC keyboard from the this rom, I can't uninstall it...

Guest DistortedLoop
I had that version, so the ".htcime" is still in my root...

When I want to uninstall the HTC keyboard from the this rom, I can't uninstall it...

Use adb uninstall to remove it.

You could just use adb install to install the other version on top of it.

does your .htcime file have a # sign in front of Dutch?

Guest xeeder
Use adb uninstall to remove it.

You could just use adb install to install the other version on top of it.

does your .htcime file have a # sign in front of Dutch?

No, I removed it with my previous ROM. At that time it worked.. But not with this rom..

I'll try with adb uninstall, thanks :(.

Edit: Hmm I don't know how to do that.. I'm sorry, I come from a Windows Mobile phone.. :(

Edited by xeeder

Guest DistortedLoop
No, I removed it with my previous ROM. At that time it worked.. But not with this rom..

I'll try with adb uninstall, thanks :(.

Edit: Hmm I don't know how to do that.. I'm sorry, I come from a Windows Mobile phone.. :(

You still want the keyboard, right? I would instead try just installing it with adb.

You probably should do a little reading up on adb, but I'll assume you have it installed on your machine since you're rooted, right?

Get the files from the thread mentioned previously, put them in your adb directory, probably named 1.1-Nexus-One-Superboot.

Plug your phone into usb, open command terminal on your computer (terminal on mac, DOS prompt on Win), cd to the directory with your adb files, then type the following:

adb remount

adb install -r HTC_IME.apk

adb install -r Clicker.apk

adb reboot

You may have to type adb-windows or adb-mac depending on where you got the adb package from. On the mac, you may also have to type it as ./adb-mac or ./adb if you get command not found errors.

See if you get the results you wanted from that.

If you actually just want to remove the HTC keyboard, pretty much the same steps:

Plug your phone into usb, open command terminal on your computer (terminal on mac, DOS prompt on Win), cd to the directory with your adb files, then type something like the following:

adb remount

adb uninstall HTC_IME.apk

adb uninstall Clicker.apk

adb reboot

That ought to work, but I'm far from an expert at this stuff yet, follow my advice at your own risk. :(

Edited by DistortedLoop

Guest Michael Spencer Jr.

OK, I've finally had time to work on my dead phone. It's stuck in a boot loop, and from the adb logcat text file I've saved:

D/PackageManager(  356): Scanning app dir /data/app

E/System  (  356): Failure starting core service

E/System  (  356): java.lang.NullPointerException

E/System  (  356): 	at com.android.server.PackageManagerService.scanDirLI(PackageManagerService.java:1971)

E/System  (  356): 	at com.android.server.PackageManagerService.<init>(PackageManagerService.java:590)

E/System  (  356): 	at com.android.server.PackageManagerService.main(PackageManagerService.java:335)

E/System  (  356): 	at com.android.server.ServerThread.run(SystemServer.java:116)

E/AndroidRuntime(  356): Crash logging skipped, no checkin service
I must've played with apps2sd or something, because on my system
lrwxrwxrwx root	 root			  1980-02-07 01:46 app -> /system/sd/app

lrwxrwxrwx root	 root			  1980-02-07 01:46 app-private -> /system/sd/app-private
and /system/sd does not exist. I've used the recovery tool to partition this 16 GB microSD card with swap, ext2 (2 I assume), and fat32. My /dev/block/ directory contains
./dev/block:

drwxr-xr-x root	 root			  1980-02-10 00:35 vold

brw------- root	 root	 179,   3 1980-02-10 00:35 mmcblk0p3

brw------- root	 root	 179,   2 1980-02-10 00:35 mmcblk0p2

brw------- root	 root	 179,   1 1980-02-10 00:35 mmcblk0p1

brw------- root	 root	 179,   0 1980-02-10 00:35 mmcblk0

brw------- root	 root	  31,   6 1980-02-10 00:35 mtdblock6

brw------- root	 root	  31,   5 1980-02-10 00:35 mtdblock5

brw------- root	 root	  31,   4 1980-02-10 00:35 mtdblock4

brw------- root	 root	  31,   3 1980-02-10 00:35 mtdblock3

brw------- root	 root	  31,   2 1980-02-10 00:35 mtdblock2

brw------- root	 root	  31,   1 1980-02-10 00:35 mtdblock1

brw------- root	 root	  31,   0 1980-02-10 00:35 mtdblock0

brw------- root	 root	   7,   7 1980-02-10 00:35 loop7

brw------- root	 root	   7,   6 1980-02-10 00:35 loop6

brw------- root	 root	   7,   5 1980-02-10 00:35 loop5

brw------- root	 root	   7,   4 1980-02-10 00:35 loop4

brw------- root	 root	   7,   3 1980-02-10 00:35 loop3

brw------- root	 root	   7,   2 1980-02-10 00:35 loop2

brw------- root	 root	   7,   1 1980-02-10 00:35 loop1

brw------- root	 root	   7,   0 1980-02-10 00:35 loop0

I have a hunch that all I have to do is mount -t ext2 /dev/block/mmcblk0pSOMETHING /system/sd and the boot loop will stop and the system will boot. Once.

Am I right? If so, does anyone know which order those partitions are created by the custom recovery tool? Which one is my ext2 partition? I don't have fdisk and can't tell.

Edit: I'm an idiot, afraid of a little experimental mounting. ( :( ) Ahem. mkdir /data/test; mount -t ext2 /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 /data/test

Yep it's number 2.

Edited by Michael Spencer Jr.

Just do a 'adb shell mkdir /system/sd' and I suspect your problem will be solved, sounds like it's not booting because the mount point is missing!

P

Guest Chicaned
Just do a 'adb shell mkdir /system/sd' and I suspect your problem will be solved, sounds like it's not booting because the mount point is missing!

P

Hi Paul,

We going to see a sneeky update to this ROM this week please? I'm old school and like my Nexus with no Sense UI just yet. I think I'll wait till it comes out of alpha state before I go poking around that ROM.

Guest Thetechnogeek
Hi Paul,

We going to see a sneeky update to this ROM this week please? I'm old school and like my Nexus with no Sense UI just yet. I think I'll wait till it comes out of alpha state before I go poking around that ROM.

Me too- very much old school, and like the sound of the new kernel being incorporated into a new update. I did try the sense alpha, but feel the current MCR is somewhat more stable and useable right now. If only I had a spare phone :(

Guest xkonni
Me too- very much old school, and like the sound of the new kernel being incorporated into a new update. I did try the sense alpha, but feel the current MCR is somewhat more stable and useable right now. If only I had a spare phone :(

mhhm... a second nexus to try unstable roms without messing up the phone i need in a running state... sounds awesome! ;D

Guest xeeder
You still want the keyboard, right? I would instead try just installing it with adb.

You probably should do a little reading up on adb, but I'll assume you have it installed on your machine since you're rooted, right?

Get the files from the thread mentioned previously, put them in your adb directory, probably named 1.1-Nexus-One-Superboot.

Plug your phone into usb, open command terminal on your computer (terminal on mac, DOS prompt on Win), cd to the directory with your adb files, then type the following:

adb remount

adb install -r HTC_IME.apk

adb install -r Clicker.apk

adb reboot

You may have to type adb-windows or adb-mac depending on where you got the adb package from. On the mac, you may also have to type it as ./adb-mac or ./adb if you get command not found errors.

See if you get the results you wanted from that.

If you actually just want to remove the HTC keyboard, pretty much the same steps:

Plug your phone into usb, open command terminal on your computer (terminal on mac, DOS prompt on Win), cd to the directory with your adb files, then type something like the following:

adb remount

adb uninstall HTC_IME.apk

adb uninstall Clicker.apk

adb reboot

That ought to work, but I'm far from an expert at this stuff yet, follow my advice at your own risk. :(

Thanks, another thing I learned :(. But for some reason, I cannot uninstall or install the HTC_IME.APK

When I want to install it there comes an error: "Failure: [iNSTALL_PARSE_FAILED_INCONSISTENT_CERTIFICATES]"

Guest Thetechnogeek

I have another minor issue with the current ROM which perhaps could be addressed in the next iteration- it's so minor I'm almost embarassed to mention it, but it annoys me so I will :( . When I hit the phone icon, it always takes me to the dialler, and not to the place where I last exited the app (eg contacts). The stock build doesn't do this, and let's face it, who can remember the numbers for all their phone book contacts?

I'll hide my red face now :(

Guest teknologist
mhhm... a second nexus to try unstable roms without messing up the phone i need in a running state... sounds awesome! ;D

Seems you guys are in need of some news...as there are definitely many things quietly happening these days, ;-)

A Leprechaun stopped by my door this afternoon and told me we might see an MCR 1.8 for NexusOne featuring lots of new stuff soon.

One of them being TCK 0.7 just compiled a few hours ago from the last official 2.6.33 MSM Android sources (updated just 38 hours ago by Google and including many fixes for the board/CPU and Wifi chip amongst others).

Also it seems, even though it's still rumors, MCR 1.8 will feature the color LED mod from ChainsDD @ XDA forums as well as the cycling colors for queued notifications. Also have heard it may even sport an optional black notification bar from the SenseUI ROM.. ;-)

I have been testing my TCK 0.7 kernel for half a day now and I can tell you 4 things: It's faster, it's more stable (it's 99,999% vanilla source) , it seems more battery efficient and it's really fast !! ;-)

Be patient, it's all coming to a kitchen near you for your baking pleasures !

P, why don't you just put your Desire ROM hacking feast aside for a few hours a treat us with a nice MCR 1.8 kitchen update ! ;-)

That's all folks!

Edited by teknologist

Guest qvert
Seems you guys are in need of some news...as there are definitely many things quietly happening these days, ;-)

A Leprechaun stopped by my door this afternoon and told me we might see an MCR 1.8 for NexusOne featuring lots of new stuff soon.

One of them being TCK 0.7 just compiled a few hours ago from the last official 2.6.33 MSM Android sources (updated just 38 hours ago by Google and including many fixes for the board/CPU and Wifi chip amongst others).

Also it seems, even though it's still rumors, MCR 1.8 will feature the color LED mod from ChainsDD @ XDA forums as well as the cycling colors for queued notifications. Also have heard it may even sport an optional black notification bar from the SenseUI ROM.. ;-)

I have been testing my TCK 0.7 kernel for half a day now and I can tell you 4 things: It's faster, it's more stable (it's 99,999% vanilla source) , it seems more battery efficient and it's really fast !! ;-)

P, why don't you just put your Desire ROM hacking feast aside for a few hours a treat us with a nice MCR 1.8 kitchen update ! ;-)

That's all folks!

great news!

thats why i stick at MCR because you two are doing a great job!

Guest Chicaned

That's all folks!

Ah! That's why Paul is so quiet ;-)

Guest teknologist
great news!

thats why i stick at MCR because you two are doing a great job!

oh by the way, It's 99,9999% vanilla source , 0,00005% being that it's undervolted for base/sleep freq and the other 0,00005% is the tweak for the 4 capacitive buttons by kmobs, a treat for you mate ;-) You asked, we deliver! :-p

Guest qvert
oh by the way, It's 99,9999% vanilla source , 0,00005% being that it's undervolted for base/sleep freq and the other 0,00005% is the tweak for the 4 capacitive buttons by kmobs, a treat for you mate ;-) You asked, we deliver! :-p

i mean the other stuff too

the trackball colors etc :-)

and i like 0,00005% if they are good, it's like we have to say we love our woman the most because she is 0.000001% of all womans but she is the greatest :-)

Guest teknologist
i mean the other stuff too

the trackball colors etc :-)

and i like 0,00005% if they are good, it's like we have to say we love our woman the most because she is 0.000001% of all womans but she is the greatest :-)

yes the trackball colors is great ! Been using it for a few days and it's a killer feature. Props to Paul for merging this into the stock services.jar in MCR.

This one was a lot more difficult than just dropping a file...He is still using the stock services.jar but with merged code from the ChainsDD hack!

Pretty awesome if you ask me !

If you use Handcent SMS you can even choose a color for SMS depending on the sender !!! sick right ? :-)

By the way, just to be clear, Paul does 99% of the job on MCR for N1, I just produce the kernel images and provide him with openvpn binaries...

;-)

Edited by teknologist

Guest wjaxxx

Me too, I like android aspect more than Sense UI, except for the smoother flip page effect on SenseUI... Is it possible to smooth the android stock flip page effect?

On the other hand I like much more the .32 kernel. It seems to me much faster. I remember from my old days recompiling the linux kernel that odd numbered kernels were consideren experimental and unstable, is it still like that?

Well. hope to see a 1.8 MCR for Nexus!!!!

thanks

Guest Chicaned
Oh teknologist, you forgot to mention the un'odexed-ness! :(

P

I'm moist and I'm not even going to be bothered about that. Some people take modding too far!!!

Guest ascito

I DO believe that pure Android ROM is so far the best solution for our device. I also think that sense Windowsmobilize my dear Nexus One...and I can not make him such an evil! Sense is like a stone over our device. Its plugin are cumbersome and yes, not "always connected" philosophy oriented. For example, to find out if I have new twitt, I had manually light the phone, go to the page where twitter widget is and look if some upg is listed...no notification-cloured led option. In my opinion all Sense interface is too rigid.

So...go on with 1.8 upg! The only thing I envy Sense is the Camera app and the browser. That's all!

Edited by ascito

Working away at this, might be tomorrow morning rather than tonight as the changes are pretty extensive and I want to check everything works properly! :(

P

Guest teknologist
Me too, I like android aspect more than Sense UI, except for the smoother flip page effect on SenseUI... Is it possible to smooth the android stock flip page effect?

On the other hand I like much more the .32 kernel. It seems to me much faster. I remember from my old days recompiling the linux kernel that odd numbered kernels were consideren experimental and unstable, is it still like that?

Well. hope to see a 1.8 MCR for Nexus!!!!

thanks

2.6.33 is in the experimental branch but close to being stable.

In Linux term, 2.5 would be exp and 2.6 stable...not the last minor revision...

Are you sure you find 2.6.32 faster ???? It's completely the opposite for me.

We could also provide the choice between the MCR 1.7 2.6.32 kernel (TCK 0.5 I believe) or a the new TCK 0.7 kernel.

Guest teknologist
Oh teknologist, you forgot to mention the un'odexed-ness! :(

P

I think I forgot it on purpose so you would wake up and post something in this topic ! :-p