21/May r15 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for Nexus One with Online Kitchen - EPF30 Eclair

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest DistortedLoop
Oh teknologist, you forgot to mention the un'odexed-ness! :(

Ah yes, good job we didn't mention the auto backlight levels from the Desire either then! :(

You're such a tease! LOL.

Guest wjaxxx
2.6.33 is in the experimental branch but close to being stable.

In Linux term, 2.5 would be exp and 2.6 stable...not the last minor revision...

Are you sure you find 2.6.32 faster ???? It's completely the opposite for me.

We could also provide the choice between the MCR 1.7 2.6.32 kernel (TCK 0.5 I believe) or a the new TCK 0.7 kernel.

I do find it faster. But it is just a feeling.

I will try to make a real controlled test

Understood for the kernel numbering :(

Guest teknologist
I do find it faster. But it is just a feeling.

I will try to make a real controlled test

Understood for the kernel numbering :(

How can you compare, I haven't released TCK 0.7 yet ! LOL :-)

Guest Formel-LMS

Yeaaahh,

you guys. I don't like it, when you are away in the holidays ;-)

If you have it odexed, Trackballcolours, Undervolted and the new automatic brightness on Nexus it takes about 10 seconds and my nexus is back to MCR!!!

I don't really like the Cyanogen ROM, but this has th known features.

I like it.

Take your time! And thanks for the hard work!!

Ahh, and, Paul:

Have a look please at the camera pictures with the .33 kernel.

I think, they have this silly problem with this rose dot in the middle.

Edited by Formel-LMS

Guest teknologist
Yeaaahh,

you guys. I don't like it, when you are away in the holidays ;-)

If you have it odexed, Trackballcolours, Undervolted and the new automatic brightness on Nexus it takes about 10 seconds and my nexus is back to MCR!!!

I don't really like the Cyanogen ROM, but this has th known features.

I like it.

Take your time! And thanks for the hard work!!

Ahh, and, Paul:

Have a look please at the camera pictures with the .33 kernel.

I think, they have this silly problem with this rose dot in the middle.

Well good news is with my TCK 0.7 (2.6.33 msm based) on my NexusOne I don't see any "rose dot in the middle".

Proof with 2 photos, with different light conditions:

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

These are taken with my N1, using Cyanogenmod 5.4.1 using my own TCK 0.7 2.6.33 msm based kernel (Yep I know, I am waiting for MCR 1.8 to go back to the real deal...using CM in the meantime like you, because I love the color LED trackball notif and the sensor backlight for Desire...)

I don't see any pink dot, do you ? :-)

Oh, did I mention ? My TCK 0.7 is fast, very fast! ;-)

Edited by teknologist

Guest DistortedLoop
Well good news is with my TCK 0.7 (2.6.33 msm based) on my NexusOne I don't see any "rose dot in the middle".

Proof with 2 photos, with different light conditions:

These are taken with my N1, using Cyanogenmod 5.4.1 using my own TCK 0.7 2.6.33 msm based kernel (Yep I know, I am waiting for MCR 1.8 to go back to the real deal...using CM in the meantime like you, because I love the color LED trackball notif and the sensor backlight for Desire...)

I don't see any pink dot, do you ? :-)

Oh, did I mention ? My TCK 0.7 is fast, very fast! ;-)

Best way to check for the pink dot (it's more like a very large circular blur over 50% of the picture for me) is to just take a non-flash picture of a white object, such as a napkin or paper towel or wall. Auto-white-balance turned on.

I can almost imagine a slight pink tinge to your first picture. Cool setup! The second pic is too much red in general to ever notice a slight pink tinge.

You're really making us crazy with your teasing of the new kernel and MCR updates. I'm on Cyano 5.0.4.1 right now also, but my gut tells me I'm always better off on MCR. :-)

Edited by DistortedLoop

Guest DistortedLoop

Here's the pink dot the way I see it: Just an overall large pink blur. You can actually see it in the viewfinder if the lighting is right. It's been in every picture I've taken, regardless of ROM, including unlocked stock phone, superboot stock, MCR and Cyanogen. I figured it's a camera app bug, not a kernel bug. you think the kernel is the problem?

2010-02-27%2013.33.05.jpg

Hmmm...won't let me insert image.

Here's a link instead

Edited by DistortedLoop

Guest Formel-LMS

Yes, pink blur at about 50%.

I have to say sorry, english is not my first language and sometimes it's not so easy to put my thoughts to the keyboard ;-)

@teknologist:

You're so cruel to us. We are waiting..... ;-)

Guest Thetechnogeek

We are waiting with baited breath for the next great MCR build. I was I was less useless and could do something other than just test :(

Guest teknologist
Here's the pink dot the way I see it: Just an overall large pink blur. You can actually see it in the viewfinder if the lighting is right. It's been in every picture I've taken, regardless of ROM, including unlocked stock phone, superboot stock, MCR and Cyanogen. I figured it's a camera app bug, not a kernel bug. you think the kernel is the problem?

2010-02-27%2013.33.05.jpg

Hmmm...won't let me insert image.

Here's a link instead

Ok, I can see what you mean now...but it's more a blur than a dot. And I don't see it always...depends on the light.

Well, I agree it might be more a camera problem than kernel but it seemed from what I read in the post it was related to .33...

Dunno if it's kernel related. I will look into it...at least check if there is that much difference in the kernel camera driver code between .32 and .33 but I really doubt it...

Found it ! Here it is on mine NoFlash/AutoWhiteBalance , white napkin (I don't find it as bad as yours though):

pic3.jpg

Honestly you really need to take weird pictures to see it ! ;-)

Edited by teknologist

Guest DistortedLoop
Ok, I can see what you mean now...but it's more a blur than a dot. And I don't see it always...depends on the light.

Well, I agree it might be more a camera problem than kernel but it seemed from what I read in the post it was related to .33...

Dunno if it's kernel related. I will look into it...at least check if there is that much difference in the kernel camera driver code between .32 and .33 but I really doubt it...

Found it ! Here it is on mine NoFlash/AutoWhiteBalance , white napkin (I don't find it as bad as yours though):

Honestly you really need to take weird pictures to see it ! ;-)

Yeah, it's definitely a blur, or a smudge, not a dot. I'm not sure why some call it a dot. I see a lot of people complain about it, but not a lot of pictures posted to show what they're seeing.

Yours is almost as bad as mine, I think I was just a bit closer to the napkin than you were. The lighting and distance certainly make a big difference in how obvious it is, but it's in every picture I've ever seen that was taken with a Nexus One and auto white balance, not just on my phone, but on my friend's as well.

Once you know it's there, it's hard not to miss it, or at least it's very easy to see it if you look for it. As I mentioned originally, I see it in your sound board picture, look closely at the knobs near the center of the picture. An ever so slight hue towards the red/pink from the rest of the picture.

Now here's the interesting thing though. I just flashed the .33 undervolt kernel over on xda to my phone and then took some pictures of a white napkin here at the office. I don't really notice the pink at all, except for maybe on the left edge of the image. If that's the case then the .33 kernel does address the problem.

I can't be sure, though, since the original picture was taken at home, in a brightly lit room using 200 watts of "GE Reveal" spectrum light bulbs, the one in the office without the pink was taken in my office, which is more dimly lit and uses standard 40W overhead fluorescent bulbs. I'll have to snap some more pics when I get home in the same lighting conditions to do a fair comparison.

Until then, here's the non-pinkish pic:

Kernel%2033.jpg

Guest DistortedLoop
Now here's the interesting thing though. I just flashed the .33 undervolt kernel over on xda to my phone and then took some pictures of a white napkin here at the office. I don't really notice the pink at all, except for maybe on the left edge of the image. If that's the case then the .33 kernel does address the problem.

I can't be sure, though, since the original picture was taken at home, in a brightly lit room using 200 watts of "GE Reveal" spectrum light bulbs, the one in the office without the pink was taken in my office, which is more dimly lit and uses standard 40W overhead fluorescent bulbs. I'll have to snap some more pics when I get home in the same lighting conditions to do a fair comparison.

Home from the office and shot another white paper napkin in the same lighting conditions of my original test. PINK! LOL

It's clearly nothing to do with the kernel to me. It might be the Camera app software, it might even be hardware in my opinion. Hopefully it's just a bad algorithm in the white balance of the camera and Google or some 3rd party can address it.

PinkDotKernel33.jpg

Paul, sorry for so many pink camera posts if they're out of place here, but I think those expecting a quick fix in a ROM update are looking in the wrong place.

Guest teknologist
Home from the office and shot another white paper napkin in the same lighting conditions of my original test. PINK! LOL

It's clearly nothing to do with the kernel to me. It might be the Camera app software, it might even be hardware in my opinion. Hopefully it's just a bad algorithm in the white balance of the camera and Google or some 3rd party can address it.

Paul, sorry for so many pink camera posts if they're out of place here, but I think those expecting a quick fix in a ROM update are looking in the wrong place.

Well in the latest changes to the kernel (included in TCK0.7) Google did some adjustments to the camera sensor used in NexusOne:

[ARM] msm: camera: s5k3e2fx lens corrections

Don't know if it's related though but on my N1 with TCK 0.7 I really need to put an extra effort to find that pink blur....It's not that easy to make it appear !

Guest AndyCr15

Ha ha, I'm trying to stop fiddling with my phone, as I seem to have to wipe now to flash :( but now I can't wait for 1.8! :( Sounds great!

Version 1.8 is now online in both kitchen and prebaked formats!

:(

P

Changelog

• Now includes Teknologist's TCK 0.7. This is based on the official .33 repositories, with only minor tweaks. The ROM is undervolted only for frequencies <= 256MHz frequency and tweaks the capacitive buttons slightly (thanks kmobs), it uses the CFS I/O scheduler. A BFS enabled option is also available for you bleeding-edgers out there :(
  • Maps 4 port by Brut preinstalled which adds multitouch and non US navigation (both tested)
  • De-odexed for you themers out there!
  • Now stores dalvik-cache on /cache (thanks Cyanogen for the idea!)
  • Includes Native Trackball Colors 2-25 and Trackball notifications in succession 0.4
  • Added more configuration options to the kitchen
  • Added SIM toolkit application
  • Updated HTC_IME to jonasl's v12, based on my Desire leak
  • Updated update-script to be more friendly for A2SD users
  • Updated A2SD script
  • Added Gesture Search as an option in the kitchen (for those who live in territories where it is not yet available in the Market)
  • Other minor tweaks and updates

Guest Thetechnogeek

Fantastic, thanks Paul! Flashing and testing now. I'm so easily excited these days :(

Edit: Did a wipe first this time, and the Android setup wizard crashes out with a force close. And I have no keyboard! I chose not to install the IME keyboard and now have no way of entering text... back to the kitchen for me.

Edited by Thetechnogeek

Guest teknologist
Fantastic, thanks Paul! Flashing and testing now. I'm so easily excited these days :(

Edit: Did a wipe first this time, and the Android setup wizard crashes out with a force close. And I have no keyboard! I chose not to install the IME keyboard and now have no way of entering text... back to the kitchen for me.

Yep had same error here, Paul is working on it ! Be patient.

[EDIT] Should be fixed now...rebake !

[EDIT2] Well it's not...

Edited by teknologist

Guest Jeremy702
Yeah, won't take long, think i've found the issue...

P

While you're looking at issues..

Mounting with USB, one of the USB notifications displayes the alphabet. It's funny.

And could you add the ability to disable startup sounds back to the kitchen?

Thanks Paul!

Guest Thetechnogeek
Are there startup sounds on the N1? :(

P

Nope, not with previous builds or the 1.8 I tried a few posts ago. Not something I'll worry about one way or the other :(

Edit: Apart from the SD card notification sound you get once the card's prepped. If you select SD-notification sounds of course.

Edited by Thetechnogeek