21/May r15 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for Nexus One with Online Kitchen - EPF30 Eclair

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest teknologist
There is an app you can use to disable the trackball light over night, its called "led hack"

Or you can use the excellent "Locale" and its many plugins to completely customize your phone's behavior at night and in any other conditions you define!

Truly magic if you ask me ! ;-)

Guest teknologist
What? Now, with MCR 1.9 you take the newest Radio, teknologist?

Is it better for Battery?

Better than MCR1.8 + ERE36B radio, I don't know. I have good signal here, but it doesn't seem to drain my battery as bad as with the MCR1.8 adn ERE36B radio (as I reported earlier in this topic).

The difference is that MCR 1.9 includes the new RIL lib (Radio Interface Library) from EPE54B so maybe they improved something there! ;-)

Anyway, having a new RIL, I prefer, as per Paul's recommendations, to use the latest radio and again, and so far it doesn't seem to drain my battery as bad as it did in MCR < 1.9 ! Well I am just sharing my experience...

With this techie things, you always need to keep an open mind! ;-)

Edited by teknologist

tbapross.png
So there's a super cool new Beta app on the market by lilHermit called 'Trackball Alert' that let's you customise the flash colours of the trackball.

In Beta 1 (free!) you can change the colours of certain applications (SMS, Email, Gmail, Missed Calls and Twidroid) with additional functionality for adding more applications coming later!

Not only can you choose predefined colours, you can use RGB sliders to set custom colours - it rocks!

There is one caveat - you need support built into your ROM to use the app. The good news? This ROM supports it already. ROCK ON! :mellow:

Search for 'Trackball Alert' in the Market or scan the QR code below to get started! <_<

P

TA-qrcode.png

Guest qvert

works wonderfull!

edit: so if you edit my post maybe you should leave the info to exclude it from the taskkiller

Edited by qvert
uber-quote

Guest qvert

one question,

could i integrate: Trackball notifications in succession 0.4 by myself? because for me there wasnt really a battery issue with it?

or can you make it optional to the kitchen?

Guest DistortedLoop
Nice stats, i also noticed that the screen is using the most battery, I'm not on full brightness and still uses 50% battery life i thought amoled would use less battery. After 70% it was going down hill did you do something special there?

I have no technical data to support this, but I suspect the "AMOLED screen uses less battery claims" are very, make that VERY relatively speaking.

AMOLED probably uses less juice per pixel than the LCD, but since they're using such large displays with so many more pixels than the LCD screens we're used to (like an iPhone?), the battery life savings don't exist in a side-by-side comparison, since we're not comparing similar sized screens.

Guest ascito
Or you can use the excellent "Locale" and its many plugins to completely customize your phone's behavior at night and in any other conditions you define!

Truly magic if you ask me ! ;-)

Great app! THX...what about battery drain and Locale usage?

Guest DistortedLoop
tbapross.png
So there's a super cool new Beta app on the market by lilHermit called 'Trackball Alert' that let's you customise the flash colours of the trackball.

In Beta 1 (free!) you can change the colours of certain applications (SMS, Email, Gmail, Missed Calls and Twidroid) with additional functionality for adding more applications coming later!

Not only can you choose predefined colours, you can use RGB sliders to set custom colours - it rocks!

There is one caveat - you need support built into your ROM to use the app. The good news? This ROM supports it already. ROCK ON! :mellow:

Search for 'Trackball Alert' in the Market or scan the QR code below to get started! <_<

P

TA-qrcode.png

So this is an example of something that really irks me about the people who rate and right reviews of apps in the Market:

Three of the five reviews on the app say it sucks and give it low stars because it doesn't work on their stock or cyanogen modded Nexus One.

It specifically says in the app's description that it only works on MCR or Desire ROMs...can't the idiots read that it's not going to work on their phone before they bother to download the app and pan it with bad reviews? Sheesh.

Guest lilHermit
So this is an example of something that really irks me about the people who rate and right reviews of apps in the Market:

Three of the five reviews on the app say it sucks and give it low stars because it doesn't work on their stock or cyanogen modded Nexus One.

It specifically says in the app's description that it only works on MCR or Desire ROMs...can't the idiots read that it's not going to work on their phone before they bother to download the app and pan it with bad reviews? Sheesh.

I hear ya :mellow: Maybe if the people that like it give it good stars it will help. <_<

Guest tokyomonster
I hear ya :mellow: Maybe if the people that like it give it good stars it will help. <_<

I know it sounds dumb, but maybe specific or spell out 'modaco custom rom' rather than just say MCR?

While modoca is fairly large, and are releasing quality products, they're still not as well known. Anyways, I'm installing MCR currently just so I can use your app :(

Guest lilHermit
I know it sounds dumb, but maybe specific or spell out 'modaco custom rom' rather than just say MCR?

While modoca is fairly large, and are releasing quality products, they're still not as well known. Anyways, I'm installing MCR currently just so I can use your app :mellow:

Yeah I tried but you are limited 325 characters and I max'ed that out <_<

~

lilHermit

Guest tokyomonster
Yeah I tried but you are limited 325 characters and I max'ed that out <_<

~

lilHermit

I always suspected there was a char limit in the market. Lame.

Guest Wardski

I installed 1.9 last night, selected pretty much everything to install, and for some reason the additional software Sim toolkit and Quick office didnt install.... Any ideas on this? I did another bake double checking that i included them, and still didnt work...