21/May r15 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for Nexus One with Online Kitchen - EPF30 Eclair

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Thetechnogeek
Hmmm, I baked 2.0 without any voice options and the standard Android Keyboard is working fine! :)

P

That's odd. Must be something to do with my phone, or maybe a unique combination of the options I choose when baking. Seems to be a consistent issue for me, but then again I also always get the android falling out a box when I update the radio, needing a further reboot. Maybe I fried something along the way- and I'll live with voice search installed.

Thanks for the help Paul

Guest Julant80
Version 2.0 now online! ;)

P

So any plans to integrate ChainsDD's Trackball Colors update from last night into this 2.0 build?

Bad timing for his update to come out just hours before you posted MCR 2.0 I suppose... :)

*Edit* Looks like ChainsDD's update is now actually a repost of the official lib from Google, just packed up nice and pretty for easy update... still, he gets much respect for having this out before Google released it into the wild!

Edited by Julant80

Guest Formel-LMS

Cool, thanks!

But Paul, what do I have to check/uncheck in the kitchen?

I wanna use lilHermits Trackball Colour app, but don't want to have this battery draining colour roundup.

There are two checks to make and I think I don't understand them right... :)

Guest AndrewTan

Hi, Paul,

Is the Sense Wallpaper running smoothly in this latest MDC 2.0 firmware?

I try install the sense wallpaper in my current Cyan 5.0.4.1 and the sense live wallpaper itself running smoothly but the 3D menu and scrolling and all the menu popup effect and all the transition effect is not smooth and lagging.

I am currently using titanium backup for backup, can I restore back after changing to MDC 2.0 ROM where my origin was Cyan 5.0.4.1.

Edited by AndrewTan

Guest chunga

Nice ROM Paul I'm really enjoying it.

is it possible to include on the bake the option for maps outside usa navigation?

I override the kernel and modules with the 1113 mhz uved kernel from xda and it's working good. bluetooth works, I tested it for audio streaming and on calls. Also I think flash is working propelly but not sure. Also the phone is colder now.

Anyway. Nice job.

Guest Deathwish238

I've been running the Desire ROM for a while but wanted to go back to vanilla for some time. I did a full backup using Titanium Backup, should I just do a "Restore all apps with data" to get my apps/data back on the plain MCR? I'm worried some SenseUI elements will conflict.

Edit: When did apps start getting automatically restored after logging into my Google account? That's new and freaking awesome

Edited by Deathwish238

Should OpenVPN work? I just tried to setup OpenVPN from MCR2.0 but when I try to connect, I just get this message in the log:

Cipher algorithm BF-CBC not found (OpenSSL)

Is something missing in the ROM or is it my config/certificates?

Regards,

BTJ

Should OpenVPN work? I just tried to setup OpenVPN from MCR2.0 but when I try to connect, I just get this message in the log:

Cipher algorithm BF-CBC not found (OpenSSL)

Is something missing in the ROM or is it my config/certificates?

Regards,

BTJ

ok, had to change cipher algorithm but now I get the following error:

FATAL: Linux ifconfig failed: external program fork failed

Any suggestions?

BTJ

Edited by BTJ

Guest IntoTheVoid

just installed 2.0 and I get a notification to update Google Maps to 4.1.0. When I try to do so I get a not signed error? Tried installing without Google maps as well but getting same error from the market when I try to install it. I am in the US.

Edited by IntoTheVoid

just installed 2.0 and I get a notification to update Google Maps to 4.1.0. When I try to do so I get a not signed error? Tried installing without Google maps as well but getting same error from the market when I try to install it. I am in the US.

I hade the same problem until i read that the new verson of 2.0 reverted google maps back to stock . I downloaded from the kitchen.....reflashed and bam updatre worked and is working very good.

Now comes my new noob question of the week.....I keep hearing all these things about the ime keyboard and add it to all my kithcen bakes but no matter what i do i cant seem to find it. Didnt want to bother paul with this but i am hoping somebodu else could help me.

thanks again

Guest IntoTheVoid
I hade the same problem until i read that the new verson of 2.0 reverted google maps back to stock . I downloaded from the kitchen.....reflashed and bam updatre worked and is working very good.

Now comes my new noob question of the week.....I keep hearing all these things about the ime keyboard and add it to all my kithcen bakes but no matter what i do i cant seem to find it. Didnt want to bother paul with this but i am hoping somebodu else could help me.

thanks again

I got it. I removed it via the adb method by connecting the phone to the computer and typing in the stuff below in the cmd listed here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=630887

adb remount

adb shell "find /system /data -name *com.google.android.apps.maps.apk* -o -name Maps.apk | xargs rm"

adb uninstall com.google.android.apps.maps

restarted the phone and reinstalled it from the market and it installed fine. I guess the left over bits from the patched version were screwing it up.

Edited by IntoTheVoid

Guest GodDriven

WHERE'S GODDRIVEN? LOL.. HAHAHA

HEY GUYS.. I need a little Help.. Like I really Do.. I used to Hang out at XDA as You all know and some even tied me to their signature. LOL.. I went through some issues with an Alpha that I am testing for Swiftkey, well not with switkey, but, with XDA, I posted it before I had known about the "sensitivity" of XDA's warez issue.. I left and moved on.. Why bother.. ya know.. ? Now, a lot of people have been asking for me over there.. I have been busy also porting the HTC Incredible Sense and Desire Sense to the Droid and have succeded very well with my friends over at Alldroid. The Zuesdroid Team..

jlevy73 recently wrote: Oh Paul honey, any leads on resolving the bluetooth problem? Figured I'd ask since GodDriven has gone on sabbatical < Oh you All know this would never happen to me..

mcp2009 replied: lol what happened to goddriven i saw his account was disabled and then saw he made a new profile named G-driven and after each post he put "this is goddriven" then that got disabled and havent heard from him since lol. is he around? < Right Here!

> Thread.. XDA.. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...;postcount=2376

This is The project.. over at Alldroid.. So it's as lil hard to go back and forth.. LOL.. Plus I have no connect to XDA... http://alldroid.org/threads/15747-ZeusDroi...5529#post565529

I ask: Can someone be nice, and make a nice post and notify where I am.. Post the link for Alldroid.. Give this as my twitter @PlankLongBeard < Actually means Jesus, my name, In pirate. My Full Name.. LOL..

And of course lead them hear.. Plus this will help Paul with AdFree and Plus Subs while Noobs and New people arrive.. I dint know why or how this happened. I just help guys, I just try and pass knowledge to the stuck one.. if it was me I would not want this to happen to me.. You know.. >?

Thanks.. To all and whomever help.. Thanks guys..

Edited by GodDriven

Guest AndrewTan

Hi, Paul

Good Afternoon,

Kindly ask how to know the Apps2SD is install or not, I already tick during bake, but I can't find option to tick using it.

Guest MingoChang

Sense live wallpaper is beautiful, but the animation of the application drawer is lagging...

The stock live wallpapers won't cause such problems.

I wonder if the kernel has limited the frequency of the cpu, otherwise the live wallpaper won't be a difficulty for a cpu running @ 1GHz...

Edited by MingoChang

Guest Stea1thmode
Hi, Paul

Good Afternoon,

Kindly ask how to know the Apps2SD is install or not, I already tick during bake, but I can't find option to tick using it.

assuming you've already partitioned your sdcard, all your apps will be automatically transferred to your sdcard

I normally just check the internal phone storage available space, I still have 160MB left with 30+ apps installed.

Edited by Stea1thmode

Guest AndrewTan
assuming you've already partitioned your sdcard, all your apps will be automatically transferred to your sdcard

I normally just check the internal phone storage available space, I still have 160MB left with 30+ apps installed.

Hi, I have succesfull partition the SD card and during CM 5.0.5-test2 I can select to use the Apps2SD but now I can't find such option in MDC 2.0 or Alpha 15 (I at Alpha 15 Desire ROM now)

I have tick Apps2SD during Baking, but I notice as you said, I install some apps, and my RAM still reducing.

May I know anything wrong I had done? During partition I choose 512MB and now my SD card is showing total of 3.18GB, I didn't re-partition after install Alpha 15, do I need to repartition? or change the ext?