21/May r15 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for Nexus One with Online Kitchen - EPF30 Eclair

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Stea1thmode
Hi, I have succesfull partition the SD card and during CM 5.0.5-test2 I can select to use the Apps2SD but now I can't find such option in MDC 2.0 or Alpha 15 (I at Alpha 15 Desire ROM now)

I have tick Apps2SD during Baking, but I notice as you said, I install some apps, and my RAM still reducing.

May I know anything wrong I had done? During partition I choose 512MB and now my SD card is showing total of 3.18GB, I didn't re-partition after install Alpha 15, do I need to repartition? or change the ext?

okay, am aware that with CM 5.0.5 #2 there is an option for apps2sd in the applications settings or spare parts, however with MCR roms it is optional in the kitchen and once selected and baked the apps2sd script will enable the transfer automatically.

Be mindful that some information about the apps will still be held in the sdcard but not much, hence thats why the internal strorage will still reduce slightly.

out of interest whats your internal space saying and how many apps do you have installed?

Guest AndrewTan
okay, am aware that with CM 5.0.5 #2 there is an option for apps2sd in the applications settings or spare parts, however with MCR roms it is optional in the kitchen and once selected and baked the apps2sd script will enable the transfer automatically.

Be mindful that some information about the apps will still be held in the sdcard but not much, hence thats why the internal strorage will still reduce slightly.

out of interest whats your internal space saying and how many apps do you have installed?

I have install around 23 apps, my RAM drop from 150 to 133 now.

It is normal? anyway to check the Ext partition?

Guest Stea1thmode
I have install around 23 apps, my RAM drop from 150 to 133 now.

It is normal? anyway to check the Ext partition?

You won't see the extra space on settings, but you'll know if its working, because your phone's internal memory will continue to stay around the same amount of space free. Try to download a large file preferably a game or something, actually try 'magic eye 3d' from market as its about 5.96mb and check the internal storage again.

Guest mdp1116

im sorry if this has been asked. but im a little confused. here is my setup.

model - nexus one

firmware - 2.1

baseband - 32.26.00.24u_4.04.00.03_2

Kernel - 2.6.32-59898-ga0f5141 eax@ubuntu#1

mod - cyn 5.0-N1-beta 2

build - erd79

i pulled the build.prop and the ini is set to JIT but i see no difference at all. i see all these posts with people posting 11XX benchmark numbers. ive gone from cyn's beta's to his 5.0.4.1 to modaco kitchens version and my benchmarks stay at 32XX to 39XX... any ideas what is going on?

Guest N1Martian
Sense live wallpaper is beautiful, but the animation of the application drawer is lagging...

The stock live wallpapers won't cause such problems.

I wonder if the kernel has limited the frequency of the cpu, otherwise the live wallpaper won't be a difficulty for a cpu running @ 1GHz...

Yes I've noticed the same thing- that the app drawer seems somewhat clunky. In my experiments, the HTC-Sense Wallpaper creates the strongest lag, the stock live wallpapers less so, and the static wallpapers returns the app drawer graphics to their top speed and agility.

One bug I've noticed is that for some reason the compass (?) keeps turning on and off. I am using a program called OSMonitor, which tells me that the program "system/bin/akmd" is using a constant 1% CPU load, and according to the message log is stopping and starting every few minutes or so. Anyone have an idea what could be causing this?

Guest Deathwish238

Anyone else having an issue where the Calendar keeps fcing?

Really annoying and I need my Calendar to work.

Hi Paul! A quick question... Will you add TrackballWake to the kitchen in the future? Would love to use my trackball to wake the screen... :)

That'ld be pretty cool! Definitely don't like pressing the power button.

assuming you've already partitioned your sdcard, all your apps will be automatically transferred to your sdcard

I normally just check the internal phone storage available space, I still have 160MB left with 30+ apps installed.

Do you really need Apps2SD? Have you noticed a hit in performance?

Guest Deathwish238
Nice ROM Paul I'm really enjoying it.

is it possible to include on the bake the option for maps outside usa navigation?

I override the kernel and modules with the 1113 mhz uved kernel from xda and it's working good. bluetooth works, I tested it for audio streaming and on calls. Also I think flash is working propelly but not sure. Also the phone is colder now.

Anyway. Nice job.

Did you use the uv or uv-xtra kernel? Did you push the .ko file from the .gz posted or did you use the .ko from this ROM?

Guest Shuflie
3G does not work on Rogers (Canada)

Did it work before you updated? I thought Rogers was on the same 3G band as AT&T, so unless you've got one of the latest AT&T models of the Nexus One you are going to be hardware limited to 2G/Edge only. If Rogers uses the same 3G band as T-mobile in the US then it should work, provided you have the right APNs set up.

Guest quark520
Did it work before you updated? I thought Rogers was on the same 3G band as AT&T, so unless you've got one of the latest AT&T models of the Nexus One you are going to be hardware limited to 2G/Edge only. If Rogers uses the same 3G band as T-mobile in the US then it should work, provided you have the right APNs set up.

I am using T-MOBILE phone. I thought there's only differences in rom between ATT and T-MOBILE N1... wrong? hardware too? :)

Guest lmjabreu

Anyone else having issues with trackball constantly blinking even though there are no notifications to be displayed?

From what I figured out, it's like the last notification isn't removed from the notification queue or something, e.g. I get a new email, unlock the screen and read it, lock it again and the trackball continues to blink, connecting it to the computer and clearing the debug notification makes it go back to normal.

But on one occasion the notification was actually correct, despite there were no notification icons displayed on top, I had an unread GTalk message or market update, can't remember.

I selected "Disable screen-on trackball notifications" in the kitchen, not sure if it is related, will bake another one without that and report back.

edit: so far so good, I also noticed the usb debugging notification text is fixed, not sure if it was an update to 2.0 made after it was posted or what.

Edited by lmjabreu

Guest Shuflie
I am using T-MOBILE phone. I thought there's only differences in rom between ATT and T-MOBILE N1... wrong? hardware too? :)

That's generally the way it works, the antenna and other bits of radio hardware need to be tuned to pick the right frequencies. If it was just a matter flicking a software switch somewhere don't you think there would be lots more crossover of handsets between operators?

Guest qvert

Fi

Hmm, it looks like some apps(N1 Torch for example) wont download in the market. Any fix to this?

The torch is working fine, even the download but today i had a few issues with downloading apps from the market but i think its an market problem, not Mcr

Guest Formel-LMS

Yes, if you are on WiFi, the downloads doesn't start immediately. You must pull WiFi and Mobile Network on and off and on and off.

Sometimes the downloads starts then...

Today it was very ugly.

Guest quark520
That's generally the way it works, the antenna and other bits of radio hardware need to be tuned to pick the right frequencies. If it was just a matter flicking a software switch somewhere don't you think there would be lots more crossover of handsets between operators?

I thought I heard the rumour that N1 could support all 4 3g band freq. and it was just locked on software.....

So....my T-Mobile N1 cannot get 3G from Rogers no matter which rom I will use? :)

Edited by quark520

Guest qvert
I thought I heard the rumour that N1 could support all 4 3g band freq. and it was just locked on software.....

So....my T-Mobile N1 cannot get 3G from Rogers no matter which rom I will use? :)

i don't think so because afaik the qualcom chip on t-mobile n1 doesnt support the rogers frequencies

Guest AF!ve

Yep, pretty sure that's the case. When N1 was passed through FCC we basically knew it was going to T-Mobile due to the 3G frequences the hardware supported. It then was passed again through FCC with ATT's specifications.

Guest quark520
Yep, pretty sure that's the case. When N1 was passed through FCC we basically knew it was going to T-Mobile due to the 3G frequences the hardware supported. It then was passed again through FCC with ATT's specifications.

IC, so no hope for my N1 to use ATT 3G then....

thx still

Updated! :)

P

Changelog

• Updated HTC IME to jonasl's version 18
  • New su and Superuser APK
  • Important update to dalvik-cache to /cache
  • RIL update