21/May r15 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for Nexus One with Online Kitchen - EPF30 Eclair

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest MingoChang
I wonder if the recovery image is doing something weird? Tried Koush's?

P

I'm now going to update my recovery image to RA's 1.6.2, my current one is 1.5.3...

Guest MingoChang

Updated to 1.6.2, no root.

Updated 2.1 rom again, no root.

The only way to get root seems to be updating to 2.1 from 2.0...

Paul, which recovery image do you use?

Guest keithmo

Paul,

Thanks for you and everyone else work, much appreciated.

I baked a couple of 2.1 roms one with radio and one without and have issues with both of them.

I will preface that I came from Alpha 19 rom and wiped all and did a battery pull.

I appear to have lost SU and Root privileges with rom with ce and the rotate feature doesnt work either keyboard / keypad.

SU and Roott are missing from the Alpha 19rom no Experr (32.26.00.24U_4.04.00.03_2 radio imag) or dropdear, BFS Enabled Kernel I dont have issues with the keybda/keuboard ratherand

I also cecked USB Debug and no workie..

Guest alexp2_ad

I also came from A19 of the desire ROM and found myself without superuser permissions, even after wiping everything.

EDIT: Also tried switching to CyanogenMod and had the same problem, it might just be an issue if you've come from the desire ROM?

Edited by alexp2_ad

Guest ionutmd
There has already been one post reported that 1.7.0 is facing the same problem...

yes, but with 1.7.0 the stock based rom has root.

It is only the MCR2.1 that seems to lose root ,

as Titanium Backup reports it, as well.

Guest Andres79
yes, but with 1.7.0 the stock based rom has root.

It is only the MCR2.1 that seems to lose root ,

as Titanium Backup reports it, as well.

Well you may be right, can be a ROM issue, but I remember there were reports of RA-Recovery 1.6.x making roms losing root after a nand recovery, so that's why I was trying to get that variable out of the loop. I'm just saying...

Guest MingoChang

It seems clear now. 1.5.3, 1.6.2 and 1.7.0 either of them is now facing the root problem, so it should be a problem of the rom rather than the recovery image.

Anyway, CM's su apk is good since it doesn't require debugging mode. If this problem is solved, this 2.1 rom will be a perfect one.

Guest ionutmd
I also came from A19 of the desire ROM and found myself without superuser permissions, even after wiping everything.

EDIT: Also tried switching to CyanogenMod and had the same problem, it might just be an issue if you've come from the desire ROM?

Still no root with MCR 2.1 and I never had the Desire ROM, makes me think that it's not related to that particular one.

Guest ionutmd
It seems clear now. 1.5.3, 1.6.2 and 1.7.0 either of them is now facing the root problem, so it should be a problem of the rom rather than the recovery image.

Anyway, CM's su apk is good since it doesn't require debugging mode. If this problem is solved, this 2.1 rom will be a perfect one.

could you please tell me how do you access the CM su apk

Guest navahoo

does the su user apk also control the bluetooth connection?

i´m using the openwatch app and can´t establish a connection anymore since upgrading to 2.1!?!

Edited by navahoo

Guest MingoChang
could you please tell me how do you access the CM su apk

I once upgrade from 2.0 to 2.1, and the Superuser.apk of CM was shown in the app drawer. After I wiped my phone and install a fresh 2.1 rom, it disappeared.

Guest ionutmd
I once upgrade from 2.0 to 2.1, and the Superuser.apk of CM was shown in the app drawer. After I wiped my phone and install a fresh 2.1 rom, it disappeared.

not good...

ok, quick update

If the tethering apps work, then you should have root. I recall that tethering is not possible without it - if I'm wrong, please correct me.

If I'm right, then it's just a particular app that requires root that doesn't play well with MCR

in my case, Titanium Backup. I baked a new ROM without it and so far, no problems.

Edited by ionutmd

Guest AndyCr15
So, is the APPS2SD script included with this the exact same one from Cyan 5.0.5.3? Does it work the same way?

I'm going to guess not, as I seem to recall the new recovery image was to deal with the new way Cyanogen uses A2SD... but I could be wrong.

Guest notfive

I flashed 2.1 as soon as it came out, and in the last few days there have been two instances in which my data connection completely hangs up for 10 minutes at a time. It shows an active 3G/HSDPA connection - even the up and down arrows turn on and off - but nothing loads. I restarted a few times and the problem was resolved, but I don't know whether it was the rebooting that fixed it or if something changed with the network.

Anyone else seeing this - or is it just something to do with the network in my area?

Nexus One, running MCR 2.1 and latest radio.

Guest Wardski

Would be nice to have a normal version thats not Undervolted. I find I have 70% more forced closures of apps with undervolting, especially with live wallpapers.

Please change it - and this ROM will be great!