21/May r15 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for Nexus One with Online Kitchen - EPF30 Eclair

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest MingoChang
Would be nice to have a normal version thats not Undervolted. I find I have 70% more forced closures of apps with undervolting, especially with live wallpapers.

Please change it - and this ROM will be great!

Never once had I experienced such dilemma... Every app on my N1 works well with this undervolted kernel.

Please list the name of the apps that crashes on your phone to check out if this kind of things are happening on other ones' phones...

Would be nice to have a normal version thats not Undervolted. I find I have 70% more forced closures of apps with undervolting, especially with live wallpapers.

Please change it - and this ROM will be great!

There is something else totally wrong with your system. I have got zero FCs with the 0.7 TCK kernel

Guest Shuflie

Hi Paul, is there any chance you would be able to work a bluetooth voice dial enabled version of the ROM? Apparently it's been disabled by a flag in the bluetooth headset java framework. There's no guarantee it would work with every headset but at least it would be a reason for still keeping the voice dial applicaton when using the kitchen. There's a discussion on this on xda here.

Guest lmjabreu

I also lost root but managed to get it back via fastboot flash instead of nandroid recover.

I'm running a 2.1 without desire camera app, flashed a 2.1 with the camera over it and experienced odd issues like a bunch of missing applications and crashing services(battery graph, g-backup, scrobble droid), rebooted and the missing applications were back, reinstalled two of the crashing apps and couldn't find g-backup in the market.

Decided to do a nandroid restore and to my surprise the service crashes still occurred as well as the missing apps issue that was fixed the same way as before( my guess would be /cache issues ).

Then I rebooted to fastboot/bootloader and flashed system, userdata and boot from my latest nandroid backup, rebooted and no more FCs or missing apps and I got root back.

Guest Wardski
There is something else totally wrong with your system. I have got zero FCs with the 0.7 TCK kernel

The moment I use SetCPU and set the freq to 998Mhz, the starfield live wallpaper FC's.

This hasnt happened to any other ROM I've used, and I've used pretty much all of them except for Cyanogen's.

Guest AndyCr15

Paul, with the music player bug that many of us have, is there any chance you could make it an option in the kitchen? Save me having to remove it each time I flash? :P

Guest tomar01

Hi.

I'm sorry if this has been answered before, but has anybody been able to make the Sim Toolkit work?

This app is one of the main reasons I went with this ROM, and I can't seem to get it to work.

There's no icon in the launcher, and it doesn't trigger when I receive a STK request from my provider.

I can see the /system/app/Stk.apk file, but I only get an "Application not installed" message when I try to run it using the package installer.

I get the option to run it (install it) using A4D utility, but that one only FC's on me.

I baked the ROM using the online kitchen.

The only changes I made to the default setup, was to remove News and Weather and Amazon MP3, and to add the Development Tools.

I came from a stock epe54b rom, superbooted using modaco's superboot.

I tried to jupst upgrade it (no wipe), and everyting worked as it should, except for Sim Toolkit.

So I wiped the phone and re-ran the upgrade, but no changes.

Everyting else works great. It's a fantastic piece of work.:P

brgds

Royan

Guest Wardski
Hi.

I'm sorry if this has been answered before, but has anybody been able to make the Sim Toolkit work?

This app is one of the main reasons I went with this ROM, and I can't seem to get it to work.

There's no icon in the launcher, and it doesn't trigger when I receive a STK request from my provider.

I can see the /system/app/Stk.apk file, but I only get an "Application not installed" message when I try to run it using the package installer.

I get the option to run it (install it) using A4D utility, but that one only FC's on me.

I baked the ROM using the online kitchen.

The only changes I made to the default setup, was to remove News and Weather and Amazon MP3, and to add the Development Tools.

I came from a stock epe54b rom, superbooted using modaco's superboot.

I tried to jupst upgrade it (no wipe), and everyting worked as it should, except for Sim Toolkit.

So I wiped the phone and re-ran the upgrade, but no changes.

Everyting else works great. It's a fantastic piece of work.:P

brgds

Royan

I take back what I said about the undervolting part, but I agree. How to make simtoolkit work????

Guest tomar01

Here's the error messsage I get when trying to run /system/app/Stk.apk:

java.lang.SecurityException: META-INF/MANIFEST.MF has invalid digest for res/drawable-hdpi/sim_toolkit.png in /data/app/vmdl20773.tmp

So I guess there might be something wrong with the certificate for Stk.apk ?

I've tried installing every Stk.apk and stk update.zip I've found.

I've tried pushing it to device and running apk, I've tried adb install, update.zip, and I just don't know what else to try.

Heck, I've even tried to su run it in a terminal window and adb shell...:P

I'm new to android, so I'm not really into how to sign an apk correctly.

(That was a lot easier on WinMo phones :( )

brgds

Royan

Guest AndyCr15

As 2.1 has a RIL update, should I now try the latest radio again? I've been using the old one and it's been much better, but recently I've noticed signal is apparently missing around 8% of the time. Also, occasionally I have to go Aeroplane mode and back, to get my 3G back...

Guest gcgspain
As 2.1 has a RIL update, should I now try the latest radio again? I've been using the old one and it's been much better, but recently I've noticed signal is apparently missing around 8% of the time. Also, occasionally I have to go Aeroplane mode and back, to get my 3G back...

I also seem to have some network issues. If I loose network sometimes it will not recover it unless I do a network search (even though It's on auto) and sometimes I have to reboot.

I started noticing this on 2.1 with the same radio I used on 2.0.

Possible fix?

Guest HK@city

thanks for effort done for desire rom on nexus one. My nexus one seem run faster than before and flash support make me to do more in the webpage.

But I have problem in photo gallery. It sometimes got problem and need to force close. Don't know why appear and I find the my user sequence to make it get this problem. still suspect the problem raised from rotating the phone.

Anytime, many thanks to effort done by @ModaCo

Edited by HK@city

Guest AndyCr15
I also seem to have some network issues. If I loose network sometimes it will not recover it unless I do a network search (even though It's on auto) and sometimes I have to reboot.

I started noticing this on 2.1 with the same radio I used on 2.0.

Possible fix?

Which radio version are you using? The old, or new?

Guest Formel-LMS
thanks for effort done for desire rom on nexus one. My nexus one seem run faster than before and flash support make me to do more in the webpage.

But I have problem in photo gallery. It sometimes got problem and need to force close. Don't know why appear and I find the my user sequence to make it get this problem. still suspect the problem raised from rotating the phone.

Anytime, many thanks to effort done by @ModaCo

Yes, strange. I've noticed the problem with gallery, too.

I have to reboot to start the gallery correct.

Hi Paul, is there any chance you would be able to work a bluetooth voice dial enabled version of the ROM? Apparently it's been disabled by a flag in the bluetooth headset java framework. There's no guarantee it would work with every headset but at least it would be a reason for still keeping the voice dial applicaton when using the kitchen. There's a discussion on this on xda here.

I'll look into that! :P

P

Guest Shuflie
I'll look into that! :P

P

Thanks, its something I really miss from my WM phones, even the onscreen pop-up you get with the Android voice dial would be better than nothing. :(

Paul I tried to do the kitchen today and was getting keyboard errors so i just itstalled the non kitchen version with the complete wipe. I do however like the desire camera. I noticed that earlier you had a zip file just for the camera. Is ther one for the r2 that you just spoke about.

As far as the radio image....I am right now using the old version and i am kicking in and out of three g. I am about to install the newest because when i has that i found it to be much more stable in the US.

Thanks paul or anybody to answer my camera question and keep up the great work

Paul I tried to do the kitchen today and was getting keyboard errors so i just itstalled the non kitchen version with the complete wipe. I do however like the desire camera. I noticed that earlier you had a zip file just for the camera. Is ther one for the r2 that you just spoke about.

As far as the radio image....I am right now using the old version and i am kicking in and out of three g. I am about to install the newest because when i has that i found it to be much more stable in the US.

Thanks paul or anybody to answer my camera question and keep up the great work

Has the link with the newest radio been removed. I cant seem to find it anywhere. And help for this would be greatly appriciated

Guest derekv6

Welp, on my N1 for AT&T I unlocked the bootloader and did a nand backup.. then cooked a MDC 2.1 rom with the desire camera and everything else preselected.. loaded zip just fine and system hangs at initial boot screen, had to pull battery after 20 minutes and nand restore (which was successful)..

I also tried wiping the data & cache & dalvik-cache and reinstall the cooked rom with the same results... back to my nand restore again (successful!! phew)

any ideas what may have happened?

Thanks, really looking forward to getting this working on my n1 (at&t)

Guest shockaholick

Just curious..I baked this ROM, but how do i know if my apps are installing and running from SD?? i have no clue how that works..any answers?? thanks in advance

Guest Formel-LMS

@Paul

Is it normal, that a baked ROM with a Desire Cam has 85 MB and without it's about 68 MB?

I've baked them yesterday evening.

Edited by Formel-LMS