21/May r15 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for Nexus One with Online Kitchen - EPF30 Eclair

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest mcflurry198010

Hi Paul,

Can u add HTC Desire Mail Apps as the default mail client of all modaco roms?

HTC mail client is much better then the original , i always use desire rom because of the mail client.

Guest Formel-LMS

Oh no! Please not. Leave the Desire Apps on desire ROM or make decisions whats to bake in. Stock ROM must be stock ROM!

For others we have the desire ROMs.

Guest tasty
Oh no! Please not. Leave the Desire Apps on desire ROM or make decisions whats to bake in. Stock ROM must be stock ROM!

For others we have the desire ROMs.

The great potential of the kitchen infrastructure is the freedom of choice. With this infrastructure at hand, the distribution of complete custom (and rigid) rom sets for anything other than beta testing seems somewhat unfortunate to me.

Guest brosenz

I was trying to setup the Exchange Account and I got an error message saying "This Exchange ActiveSync server requires security features your phone does not support", I did the exact same installation but using the Alpha r21 Modaco Desire Kitchen and I was able to successfully configure the Exchange Account, do you know if is there any difference in the Exchange Client between the CM 5.0.5.3 and the Desire Sense r21 Alpha release ?, thanks a lot

Guest cyril333

Hello,

I have a problem with gmail synchronization. I will try to explain it :

1) I make a first installation of Modaco r13 ROM. I install all my applications, set all the settings. Everything works good.

2) I make a Nand Backup (with Amon-RA 1.7.0)

3) After some days, I want to restore the backup made earlier (line 2). When this is done, I get the problem with Gmail : it is able to receive the new mails, but when I delete it on the phone, there aren't deleted on the server.

Can somebody help me to solve this problem ?

Cyril.

PS 1 : I hope you will excuse me if I made some mistakes but english ins't my native langage.

PS 2 : For informations, I use

Google Nexus One

ROM : Modaco r13 - customized with online kitchen

Radio : 4.04.00.03_2

PS 3 : A big thanks for this great job, Paul ;)

Edited by cyril333

Guest jamespg81

I cannot get any of your roms to work.. ive tried 2 several times each,and used the online kitchen. I let it sit on the boot screen for 45mins yesterday with no success. How can i get a refund and cancel my subscription?

Guest N1Martian
Delete all the files called "DiskIndexXXXX" in your sdcard using a file manager.

RESOLVED - Problem with Music Player and 3D Gallery

Thanks for the help. After trying numerous dubious solutions, I figured out that the problem stemmed from some services that I disabled using autostarts. This vindicates Paul and his amazing ROMs from any wrongdoing. Furthermore, I should add that Titanium Backup saved my phone from the abyss many times, and allowed me to tinker safely.

@Deathwish238 - The program quickboot is a must for android modders, and it comes with a reboot icon-widget.

Edited by N1Martian

Guest Zephrem
I cannot get any of your roms to work.. ive tried 2 several times each,and used the online kitchen. I let it sit on the boot screen for 45mins yesterday with no success. How can i get a refund and cancel my subscription?

I had the same problem when I tried to flash without renaming the zip-file to "update.zip".

Once naming it "update.zip" and flashing this file, everything worked fine.

I too would love a reboot button. Can't wait for the next update, I've been waiting to switch back to MCR from CM.

As a reboot button, there's "Root Manager" in the market. Works fine and gives a lot more options than just a reboot button... It's €1.99, but IMHO absolutely worth it.

I'm pretty happy with my MCR r13 and any of them (preconfigured as well as self-baked from the kitchen) worked fine. Keep on the good work, Paul.

Edited by Zephrem

Guest tropmonky
The great potential of the kitchen infrastructure is the freedom of choice. With this infrastructure at hand, the distribution of complete custom (and rigid) rom sets for anything other than beta testing seems somewhat unfortunate to me.

Exactly!!! That's what the Kitchen is all about. I doubt it would be easy to port over the Sense UI Mail because it prob has some hooks into the main Desire Kernel like bluetooth... But I donno, just guessing.

It WOULD be great to get it as an option though and you're right, it does kick the stock email in the N1's butt.

Just to let everyone know I have very little issues with this ROM, however the phone seems to become more unstable after using it in the Google Car Dock... I have programs FC when they've never FC before on this ROM.

I've also noticed that with pretty much ANYTHING that displays video stops working when the phone is moved from landscape to portrait mode or vise-versa. At least for me this happens in youtube downloader, Orblive, and a downloaded video player..

I to have found the MUSIC auto playing when removing headphones annoying. Moreover it also happens EVERY SINGLE TIME I pull the phone out of the new Google Car Dock! VERY annoying! This needs some fixing. Has anyone found a fix for this??? I haven't seen anything regarding a fix for it yet..

What I've noticed is that it seems to play a song that the music player was last playing... even picking up where I last paused/stopped it. I'm wondering if there is a cached area where this info is stored can be cleared out and just never use the built in music player till a permanent fix comes out. I'm not knowledgeable enough to figure this out on my own, if there is anyone here that knows where this info is cached and give this a try and report back that would be awesome!

Man, with Paul not here the WHOLE Nexus one ROM scene has been basically DEAD!!!! Can't wait for him to come back and release some new shi... uh stuff! hehe. I need my weekly dose of new ROM and new add-ons!! LOL...

Come back Paul!!!!!! we miss you!

Edited by tropmonky

Guest qvert

is there a way to change the "haptic feedback" in spareparts to change the time in ms, when it vibrates? i think it's vibrating for around 35ms or so, but i like it when its only 20ms, maybe there is a way to edit it? or set a custom value? When i press the onescreen buttons the vibrate would be much more powerless and only half the time :-)

Guest hah2110
is there a way to change the "haptic feedback" in spareparts to change the time in ms, when it vibrates? i think it's vibrating for around 35ms or so, but i like it when its only 20ms, maybe there is a way to edit it? or set a custom value? When i press the onescreen buttons the vibrate would be much more powerless and only half the time :-)

What kind of battery life are people getting here and with what kernel?

Guest qvert
What kind of battery life are people getting here and with what kernel?

i dont mean that it consums less power

it just doesnt vibrate that hard ;)

Guest siimo

Anyone having a bug with the music player ??

Mine keeps starting music randomly when the headphones are disconnected even if the music player is shut...

Apart from that i love this rom much better than the official one thanks

Guest AndyCr15

Yes, lots of people have it. There is no known solution just yet. There's a thread about it somewhere on here and a bigger thread on XDA somewhere.

Guest brosenz

Today Spare Parts and Development Tools disappear from the phone, I haven't done anything bad, not removing the battery while on, just normal use, any idea why this happened and how I can fix it ?, thanks

Guest qvert

are you able to flash a custom recovery image?

no!

is this rom modified for desire and in the desire section?

no!

so you can't run it on the desire ;) but i think if paul is back from vacation which could be hard because no airplanes in england because of the vulcano, he will make it possible that there will be custom roms for desire

Guest mixmaven

Romraid is slowwwww today. 15-20k 1-2hour download of my rom.

EDIT: Just dropped under 5k and died. tried to re-d/l and 4hr 58min...

-mix

Edited by mixmaven

Guest hah2110
Romraid is slowwwww today. 15-20k 1-2hour download of my rom.

EDIT: Just dropped under 5k and died. tried to re-d/l and 4hr 58min...

-mix

+1......

Guest Formel-LMS

Hoping that Paul comes back home and not sitting in the carribean sea at least.

Paul, we need you and your knowledge! ;)

Is it possible do change this older HTC_IME with a newer one with the kitchen?

What I like to see next in this wonderful rom:

- 360 Degree rotating

- Improved Brightness Automatic (most its far to dark in this rom now)

- Enabled Bluetooth at airplane Mode

- Making other Launcher to standard without installing the original Launcher2.apk (e.g. HelixLauncher2 or so)

So, Paul, leave the beach, the girls and the sun alone. Come back to us.