21/May r15 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for Nexus One with Online Kitchen - EPF30 Eclair

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest lamabodo
- The wireless regulatory domain setting has been removed by Google but CM have included them back. Is it possible that you can do the same, Paul? Here at work, I need to change this setting to get full strength, now I barely get 1 bar....

I have the same issue - is there any way to set the regulatory domain to accept channel 13? There was before, but after the update1 from Google the regulatory domain-settings in advanced wifi settings is now gone.

-lb

Guest Peter sf

Problems w/o end

Hi everyone

I rooted my N1 in January, I since have had several Modaco-ROMS on it, mostly without problems. The last stable one was M1.5

Since then, I have had some trouble with connectivity, which made me try updating to R13 - with no success: Wipe or no wipe, the phone hangs at boot whenever I ran the zip out of the kitchen, with or without radio-update.

So I tried the stockrom EPE54B including superuser, himem and even radio, and it worked. I'd be happy with this, only it does not have netfilter, so no tethering, which is crucial to me.

I since tried R13 again, with no luck, no matter what I tried; rolling back to M1.5 was a mess, since obviously the readio has been updated and won't work with the applications anymore.

Now I'm kinda stuck with a rooted stockrom which is missing the most important part - tethering - and I have no clue how to get netfilter into that kernel.

Any hints? Thanks so much.

Guest N1Martian
Problems w/o end

Hi everyone

I rooted my N1 in January, I since have had several Modaco-ROMS on it, mostly without problems. The last stable one was M1.5

Since then, I have had some trouble with connectivity, which made me try updating to R13 - with no success: Wipe or no wipe, the phone hangs at boot whenever I ran the zip out of the kitchen, with or without radio-update.

So I tried the stockrom EPE54B including superuser, himem and even radio, and it worked. I'd be happy with this, only it does not have netfilter, so no tethering, which is crucial to me.

I since tried R13 again, with no luck, no matter what I tried; rolling back to M1.5 was a mess, since obviously the readio has been updated and won't work with the applications anymore.

Now I'm kinda stuck with a rooted stockrom which is missing the most important part - tethering - and I have no clue how to get netfilter into that kernel.

Any hints? Thanks so much.

The problem of getting stuck at the boot screen could definitely be caused by having incompatible superboot and ROM versions. When loading a new ROM what usually works for me is - from recovery mode, load the ROM from zip, then hit the reboot system option from the menu, but be sure to hold down the trackball. This will take you directly into fastboot. Now overwrite the bootloader, reboot and voila.

I've had problems in the past of doing things out of order, and getting hung on boot screen, but this order of operations usually works for me.

Also, I've been updating my MCR's regularly as they are released. However, I think I remember hearing of problems caused if you jump too many firmware versions, specifically skipping ERD79 could cause problems. I'm not 100% sure if this is correct, but if you have 1.5 working I don't think that is your problem.

Also, I don't think the Radio update should have anything to do with the phone hanging in boot.

Guest Peter sf
The problem of getting stuck at the boot screen could definitely be caused by having incompatible superboot and ROM versions.

So I flashed the superboot that's supposed to support EPE54B, which should be finde with MCR r13, right?

Then I wiped,

Then I updated -

hangs at boot. :huh:

SO I got the newest recovery, didi it all over again -

hangs at boot. :P

When loading a new ROM what usually works for me is - from recovery mode, load the ROM from zip, then hit the reboot system option from the menu, but be sure to hold down the trackball. This will take you directly into fastboot. Now overwrite the bootloader, reboot and voila.

What exactly do you mean by "overwrite the bootloader"?

Thx fot the help, BTW.

Guest N1Martian
So I flashed the superboot that's supposed to support EPE54B, which should be finde with MCR r13, right?

Then I wiped,

Then I updated -

hangs at boot. :huh:

First and foremost, this MCR is different beast than the Desire port MCR or CM 5. What I mean is that the ROM should be overwritten from a stock ROM (or one of its variants), at least that's how I've been doing it. This is from the main post on page 1:

Upgrading

No wipe is explicitly required in order to use this ROM, however if you do encounter issues of any kind, it is recommended that you wipe your device and reproduce the issue before raising it here.

Second, the update procedure you described is backwards from my recommended order - though another order may work.

Start with whatever working version you have (MCR 1.5 is fine)

Go into Recovery Mode First (I use the Quickboot App)

Update from zip, but do not wipe

Reboot directly into Fastboot

Flash Superboot, and you're done

And third, I'm pretty sure I used the EPE76 Superboot for r13, so you can try that.

Good luck

Guest Peter sf
First and foremost, this MCR is different beast than the Desire port MCR or CM 5. What I mean is that the ROM should be overwritten from a stock ROM (or one of its variants), at least that's how I've been doing it.

By which you mean r21 (Desire) is a complete image which wouldn't care about previously installed versions? (Didn't get this to work)

Start with whatever working version you have (MCR 1.5 is fine)

Go into Recovery Mode First (I use the Quickboot App)

Update from zip, but do not wipe

Reboot directly into Fastboot

Flash Superboot, and you're done

And third, I'm pretty sure I used the EPE76 Superboot for r13, so you can try that.

Yup, this did the (basic) trick, thanks.

THOUGH:

- Tethering still complains about no netfilter and won't work correctly

- I used the himem-superboot, not sure that's correct

- camera-app crashes immediately

- half of my previously installed apps are gone, icons in the desktops can't be loaded

- and, finally, the phone complains about diskspace getting low.

Hints?

At least I am back on track understanding more or less what I'm doing, so thanks for that. Now all I need is a stable rom, A2SD, Highmem and working tethering... :huh:

Guest andr-04

Hello. I have problem with scaling jpeg images. Standard photo album displaying it in very bad quality, but when I try to use NeatPIX, it shown warn message "System was unable to load the original image, a smaller version was loaded instead.", but loading image in good quality. Where the problem and how I can fix it?

Guest Shuflie

Were you previously using an Apps2sd enabled ROM and just flashed one without that feature? For the tethering make sure you have usb debugging turned on.

By which you mean r21 (Desire) is a complete image which wouldn't care about previously installed versions? (Didn't get this to work)

Yup, this did the (basic) trick, thanks.

THOUGH:

- Tethering still complains about no netfilter and won't work correctly

- I used the himem-superboot, not sure that's correct

- camera-app crashes immediately

- half of my previously installed apps are gone, icons in the desktops can't be loaded

- and, finally, the phone complains about diskspace getting low.

Hints?

At least I am back on track understanding more or less what I'm doing, so thanks for that. Now all I need is a stable rom, A2SD, Highmem and working tethering... :huh:

Guest shadwell_lad

Hi, running the latest version of this ROM cooked in the kitchen. Very happy with all aspects.

Is there anyway to turn up the speaker volume? I've seen threads on updating the kernal but don't understand how to do it or which kernal is compatible with MCR ROM. This is the only thing I see wrong with the phone and with this fixed I will be extremely happy! Any help appreciated.

Guest tasty

Bummer, almost a month in and I finally got my first soft-reboot. Lost all signal somewhere between the grocery store and home (mildly unusual), and then went to airplane move to try and resolve it and thats when it died.

Has anyone figured out what provokes their reboots (or the loss of signal issue which I know others have)?

Minor update, primarily for Chinese users! Bigger update coming soon. :huh:

P

Changelog

r14

• Patched HTC_CIME Chinese Input added
  • Prebaked download with HTC_CIME added
  • Updated WaveSecure
  • Updated Titanium Backup
  • Updated to Jonasl's HTC_IME r24 (kitchen only currently).

Guest OriginalThinking

The Bane Of My Life

AKA: The stuck 3g arrow of doom!

I was considering making a thread of this, but thought i'd ask here first (Paul i'd especially appreciate your input here). Ever since I've had my Nexus one I've been plagued by one major issue: Every so often, particularly under heavy web useage the 'up' arrow on my 3g indicator gets stuck. This seems to occur when the phone has difficulty switching between 3g/hdspa and is a precursor to the phone losing all data connection. The only reliable method for fixing this issue is to toggle in and out of airport mode which is less than ideal. Its happened twice already this morning and its starting to drive me round the bend with it's regularity. No custom rom has made a difference and short of trying out a new radio I'm running out of options. I'm using Virgin Mobile UK, which piggybacks on T Mobile UK's 3g network. Part of me thinks this might be network related as it doesn't seem that all Nexus owners suffer from the same issue - yes I've read about lots of people with poor 3g reception but nowhere near as many are complaining of a hung data connection. There is a large thread of people on the UK T Mobile forum complaining with the same issue on the G2 and the Desire. What id like to know is a) are any other UK T Mobile/Virgin Mobile users suffering from the same issue? If not what rom/radio are you using? 2. If you are a Nexus one user on 3/Orange/Vodafone/o2 uk do you suffer from this issue? 3. If you had this issue and it is now fixed, how did you sort it? Again id appreciate your expertise if you have any ideas Paul, but all other ideas from other members would be welcome as this issue is driving me nuts!

Robbie.

Edited by OriginalThinking

Guest Formel-LMS

I've got a problem:

I've baked the desire cam to MCR, because it is very cool and much better than stock.

But, if I use an app like "touiteur" or "a world of photos" to send pictures, the camera app starts but the picture wont go to the app what has requested it.

Guest qvert
I've got a problem:

I've baked the desire cam to MCR, because it is very cool and much better than stock.

But, if I use an app like "touiteur" or "a world of photos" to send pictures, the camera app starts but the picture wont go to the app what has requested it.

yes, having the same issue

Guest carl0s

What happened to the nice Photo / Gallery / Media browser ? Somewhere along the way it has been replaced with an unsexy one.

edit: sorry, should have posted this in the desire port thread.

Edited by carl0s

Guest houstonblaney1

Don't know if this has happened to anyone else, but I just baked a ROM from the kitchen, and when the "Save" popup came up, the file came up not as "r14-update-nexusone..." but as "update-cm-5.0.5.3-N1-signed". Am I the only one so far to get a CyanogenMod ROM from the MCR kitchen?

Guest Formel-LMS

Now I want to tell about another problem:

I've been using the browser to read some news or hering to web radio. At ending the session, I become text messages that somebody has tried to phone me.

I've got terror at home, because she can't phone me, because she get the busy signal.

but I don't make a call, I've heard web radio in the car.

Is that normal, that the call doesn't come through?

(Sorry, this text wasn't easy for me in english :huh: )