21/May r15 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for Nexus One with Online Kitchen - EPF30 Eclair

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Formel-LMS

Yeah, you're right.

I've made changes to Email,Gmail,Settings, Launcher2 and Framework-res and it works all.

Especially services.jar doesn't.

I think, the rest is deodexed in your rom.

Google's ERE36B is good, but there are a few little tweaks that make it REALLY great... so i'm pleased to present MoDaCo Custom ROM 1.6 for the Nexus One.

I've been having real problems (terrible 3G connection on O2, much higher latency, odd location problems) with the newest radio, so have downgraded to the previous one that came with ERE27. Do I need to downgrade the htcril file also?

Guest teknologist
I would say that depends on whether you hit any issues - who knows what's fixed in the new one!

P

I do agree with tris, the new radio is awful for me too ! even the bluetooth headset sound is worse !

Sometimes, I have sms send failures and have to toggle airplane on/off to get back a decent GSM signal !

I am downgrading as well ! ;-)

FYI, never had any 3G issues with the old radio and never been able to reproduce the engadget 3G hardware problem when holding the back with a full hand...

Using the N1 on Orange France HSDPA network and I am in Paris and have HSDPA 99% of the time ! with 2Mbps/2Mbps up/down streams.

[EDIT] I can confirm after downgrading the radio, people don't complain anymore about the quality of my voice over the bluetooth headset ! Definitely something wrong with the new radio & bluetooth at least for me (using the gorgeous iphone BT headset ;-) ) ! For 3G problems, it's just a feeling I got..hard to confirm.

Edited by teknologist

Guest dscottjr81

So I wiped and tried to flash but it just booted over and over again. Any suggestions? First I was using the ere36B update image with superboot and then tried to flash the Cyanogen update from your kitchen but that would boot either and have been having the same issue with the 1.6 update. What should I try?

Guest slyydrr
So I wiped and tried to flash but it just booted over and over again. Any suggestions? First I was using the ere36B update image with superboot and then tried to flash the Cyanogen update from your kitchen but that would boot either and have been having the same issue with the 1.6 update. What should I try?

Did you check A2SD as part of your build? If so, you need to have the SD card setup for A2SD I believe. Someone else correct me if I'm wrong, but this may be the cause of your boot looping.

Guest dscottjr81
Did you check A2SD as part of your build? If so, you need to have the SD card setup for A2SD I believe. Someone else correct me if I'm wrong, but this may be the cause of your boot looping.

For some odd reason apps to sd only works with cyanogen build.

Guest PhonePersona
For some odd reason apps to sd only works with cyanogen build.

This was my experience also.

However, Cyanogen's ROM seems to chew up battery life like a fat man at an 'all you can eat' buffet.

Also, Paul's ROM is faster IMHO

Guest slyydrr
This was my experience also.

However, Cyanogen's ROM seems to chew up battery life like a fat man at an 'all you can eat' buffet.

Also, Paul's ROM is faster IMHO

Yep. Look at the Android System battery usage w/ Cyanogen. It's sky high. More than anything else for the most part. I don't think the phone goes into sleep mode properly.

Updated kitchen to include HTC IME from the HTC Desire. I sourced an unreleased HTC Desire ROM, extracted the IME, removed the device check and packaged here. Not that the 'Clicker' calibration APK isn't online yet, but will follow in due course.

Thanks go to JF for his (bak)smali tools.

P

Guest Nesousx

Hi all,

What is the HTC IME exactly, the "Sense Keyboard"? If so does it include the way Sense handles "composing" phone number (the same way the Hero does)? I mean, you just type the first letters of a contact, and it shows a drop down list matching your search?

I really miss this feature now that I have N1.

Guest metatron
Updated wireless tether in the kitchen (not for pre-bakes as yet) to the new kitchen-friendly pre4 release.

P

I have just tried to bake without wave secure but it seems to be including it anyway - just tried again and got same results.

Anyone else see this ?

Edit - also I included HTC IME and don't see it.

Edited by metatron

paul, nice work :D

i'd be interested in having additional languages as well, if those are available on your desire.

Hi all,

What is the HTC IME exactly, the "Sense Keyboard"? If so does it include the way Sense handles "composing" phone number (the same way the Hero does)? I mean, you just type the first letters of a contact, and it shows a drop down list matching your search?

I really miss this feature now that I have N1.

gave it a quick try but it did not work.

suppose thats not up to the keyboard, but to the dialer.

it works in the search bar though, but thats again not because of the keyboard.

@metatron

settings -> lang & keyboard should have "Touch Input" now. Change keyboard by long tapping in a text input field and select input method. its called Touch Input.

Edited by xkonni