21/May r15 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for Nexus One with Online Kitchen - EPF30 Eclair

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Formel-LMS
Lately I've been having newsrob not able to log in to google. I dont even have this rom installed yet. It may be a google issue, Formel.

Okay, I'll give it a try.

I don't know... I had cyano at my nexus, but before I had MCR at my hero. Now I want to have MCR on my Nexus.

But I must say, that I had these problems with MCR on Hero too (and with cyano hat nexus not)

I thought, Paul had changed something...

OK, I will wait some times and have a look.

Guest AndyCr15

I had issue with my Gmail not syncing, someone pointed out that Quick Settings and other apps like it for some reason cause problems. I removed Quick Settings and all has been fine since.

Guest Formel-LMS

OK, now I did it.

I did a new wipe and installed the custom kitchen Version. Everything works finde here, except the "freenet" emails.

Now, I've searched in the www and its a problem of freenet and/or gmail now.

Sorry, Paul.

Now, I've seen, that it is first complete kitchen from MCR for Nexus, right?

Do you make the Updates for Nexus same as for hero? Or do we go back to this 2 downloads like before?

A question about the kitchen:

Could you please make Dropbear removable, too?

Will you please add the more locale right in the rom ... i like how the phone is translated using cynamod's rom b4 now

And if possible also tun.ko module for cisco vpn ;)

Edited by Sabiwa

Paul I have a question: the beta that we've been working with for the last week or so... is that in this new kitchen build/update/download somehow? or is the beta out the window just for right now?

EDIT ::: and also, what about USB tethering? I have the application on my nexus from a previous install (restored from titanium), and it seems to work fine. just wondering if that would be a kitchen update option also

Edited by bakano

This is that Beta that's now out of Beta. ;)

Wired Tether does indeed work fine, it'll be in the kitchen soon!

P

oooooooooooohhhh haha ok sweet!! thanks paul =)

Thanks paul

I love this image its really fast ... but i cant find the terminal to use nano and stuff

just install any terminal emulator from the market ;)

better terminal pro is very good, not free though.

Guest Michael Spencer Jr.
but that requires a ssh server running. i dont like ssh'ing to localhost ;)

Connectbot has three connection options: ssh, telnet, and local. Using SSH to connect to 127.0.0.1 would require what you said. Just picking "local" merely opens a shell and doesn't require any network login service running.

To confirm, I just now used Connectbot to connect to "local". Got a shell with a $ prompt. Issued "su -" and got a # prompt. Issued "netstat -a -n --inet" and got just one line, listening on 127.0.0.1:5037 (which is for ADB I believe). So that confirms the "local" connect option doesn't open any IP network sockets when it gives you a shell.

Does that help?

Guest Formel-LMS

@Paul:

I've baked me a rom without dropbear.

Now in Build Number, there is: ERE27 with MCR 1.5, REBOOT REQUIRED

But I've rebooted twice, Every the same.

Guest Shuflie
@Paul:

I've baked me a rom without dropbear.

Now in Build Number, there is: ERE27 with MCR 1.5, REBOOT REQUIRED

But I've rebooted twice, Every the same.

I get that too, coming from a completely virgin ERE27 to the MCR, the same thing happened on the T-mobile Pulse. I think the solution was a wipe.

EDIT: Just remembered what the reboot required message was for, the SSH password was put into the build number. I cooked without SSH but I suppose some of the scripts could still be hanging about somewhere.

Edited by Shuflie

Paul, I've been wondering what an "APN list" is for some time, and I just keep forgetting to ask.... so what is the purpose of an APN list and why would I want to select the "Alternate APN List"? Just wondering to know if I should use the alternate or not...?

Hey Paul,

Thanks for all this, I flashed the ere27 with superboot/himem and I can't seem to get SU or any root access for applications, has this happened B4

I'm having the same issue. su Request has to be force quit.

I get that too, coming from a completely virgin ERE27 to the MCR, the same thing happened on the T-mobile Pulse. I think the solution was a wipe.

EDIT: Just remembered what the reboot required message was for, the SSH password was put into the build number. I cooked without SSH but I suppose some of the scripts could still be hanging about somewhere.

Fixed, redownload and flash if you want to remove that message. ;)

P

Paul, I've been wondering what an "APN list" is for some time, and I just keep forgetting to ask.... so what is the purpose of an APN list and why would I want to select the "Alternate APN List"? Just wondering to know if I should use the alternate or not...?

APN is your wireless internet settings. If you wireless internet auto configures and works, you don't need this!

P