CyanogenMod for HTC Hero (GSM) v1.0 (now with online kitchen)

Guest jnwhiteh

Guest mike enjoys android
You can get the Stock HTC Keyboard you will need HTC_IME etc follow the instructions here! or the original info plus calibration tool by the man Cyanogen himself over at XDA here!

I got a FC when i use TouchInput. Any solutions?

Guest mike enjoys android

which app is best for sync Facebook contact pictures with phone contacts?

EDIT: Found SyncMyPix ... that's what i need.

Edited by mike enjoys android

Guest vorcigernix
Boot into recovery image

perform nandroid backup

Clear Data

Clear Cache

Apply any zip - ROM

Apply any zip - Google bits

Reboot.

Should work. Did you try to wait for few minutes? First boot is really slow.

I've managed to keep my hands of the device for the day and the battery held for about 12hours since unplugged.

Looked in About -> Battery Use:

46% = Cell Standby

35% = phone idle

17% = display

4% = voice calls

Which means my battery drained because I did nothing? ;)

*no complaints here about the rom itself, I know it's a known issue on all AOSP roms, just sharing so people can know and compare*

Guest Need_A_Username

Pretty damn nice ROM! ;)

It has been said before, just to say I have the same problem:

When I set a live wallpaper, it works fine, until I lock the phone, when I unlock it again, it turns back to the previous "not live wallpaper" again

Keep up the good work, and for the "lag" sometimes I have experienced it to, especially with a photo as background. But it's just a small lag like the other people said

Cheers

I love this ROM, it's really nice and neat, but I go back to my MCR3.2b5 ROM. I am really missing the Dutch "completion insight". I'm mailing and messaging alot and I can't do without it. Even when I select Dutch (Nederlands) as my locale language, the "completion insight" (or keyboard language) is still English.

Is there anybody with a solution to this. Is there a way to put this into the ROM myself?

Kind Regards,

D.

Guest isMaskin
Keep up the good work, and for the "lag" sometimes I have experienced it to, especially with a photo as background. But it's just a small lag like the other people said

Cheers

The "lag" is there on the Nexus One aswell.

Guest Need_A_Username
The "lag" is there on the Nexus One aswell.

Yeah I've read u saying that, that's pretty damn weird, and like U said (I guess it was u?) It is probably an android problem.

But I was just saying I experience it too ;)

Guest jnwhiteh
I love this ROM, it's really nice and neat, but I go back to my MCR3.2b5 ROM. I am really missing the Dutch "completion insight". I'm mailing and messaging alot and I can't do without it. Even when I select Dutch (Nederlands) as my locale language, the "completion insight" (or keyboard language) is still English.

Is there anybody with a solution to this. Is there a way to put this into the ROM myself?

Kind Regards,

D.

Get me a main.dict for your language, and we can add it.

Guest jnwhiteh
This Rom can't play some videos, which can be played by other roms

The amount of information you've provided is astounding. I thank you for the detailed bug report!

;)

Guest venturerider

I have cm-hero-v1.0 installed with googlebits-cm-hero-v1.0. I tried grabbing Quickoffice_HTC_1.0.1.apk from a ROM I built in the kitchen and pushing it to /data/app but it FC's. Is there a lib file I need or something?

Edited by venturerider

Guest jnwhiteh
I have cm-hero-v1.0 installed with googlebits-cm-hero-v1.0. I tried grabbing Quickoffice_HTC_1.0.1.apk from a ROM I built in the kitchen and pushing it to /data/app for it FC's. Is there a lib file I need or something?

No idea, depends on what the FC says.

Guest jnwhiteh
The FC says process com.qo.android.htc has stopped unexpectedly and to please try again.

No.. not the FC dialog; that never says anything. The logcat output that comes along with it.

Guest venturerider

LOL! Sorry about that! Is this what you need?

I/ActivityManager(   91): Starting activity: Intent { act=android.intent.action.MAIN flg=0x6000000 cmp=com.qo.android.htc/com.qo.android.quickoffice.QuickofficeDispatcher }

D/AndroidRuntime(  498): Shutting down VM

W/dalvikvm(  498): threadid=3: thread exiting with uncaught exception (group=0x4001e178)

E/AndroidRuntime(  498): Uncaught handler: thread main exiting due to uncaught exception

E/AndroidRuntime(  498): java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to start activity ComponentInfo{com.qo.android.htc/com.qo.android.quickoffice.QuickofficeDispatcher}: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: 

E/AndroidRuntime(  498): 	at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2496)

E/AndroidRuntime(  498): 	at android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2512)

E/AndroidRuntime(  498): 	at android.app.ActivityThread.access$2200(ActivityThread.java:119)

E/AndroidRuntime(  498): 	at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:1863)

E/AndroidRuntime(  498): 	at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99)

E/AndroidRuntime(  498): 	at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:123)

E/AndroidRuntime(  498): 	at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:4363)

Guest jnwhiteh
LOL! Sorry about that! Is this what you need?

I/ActivityManager(   91): Starting activity: Intent { act=android.intent.action.MAIN flg=0x6000000 cmp=com.qo.android.htc/com.qo.android.quickoffice.QuickofficeDispatcher }

D/AndroidRuntime(  498): Shutting down VM

W/dalvikvm(  498): threadid=3: thread exiting with uncaught exception (group=0x4001e178)

E/AndroidRuntime(  498): Uncaught handler: thread main exiting due to uncaught exception

E/AndroidRuntime(  498): java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to start activity ComponentInfo{com.qo.android.htc/com.qo.android.quickoffice.QuickofficeDispatcher}: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: 

E/AndroidRuntime(  498): 	at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2496)

E/AndroidRuntime(  498): 	at android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2512)

E/AndroidRuntime(  498): 	at android.app.ActivityThread.access$2200(ActivityThread.java:119)

E/AndroidRuntime(  498): 	at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:1863)

E/AndroidRuntime(  498): 	at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99)

E/AndroidRuntime(  498): 	at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:123)

E/AndroidRuntime(  498): 	at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:4363)

Yeah, no idea why that's failing. My understanding was that QuickOffice needed some part of the HTC framework in order to work, but I could be wrong.

Guest 1redrum

Hi,

Two minor annoyances:

1. Groups in Contact appear to have been dropped/removed -unless I'm missing something obvious?!

2. As already mentioned elsewhere, the native method for disabling Mobile Network, also appears to have

been dropped/removed (Yes, I know there are apps on market to compensate for this)

Lastly. I'll add my $0.02 worth to the ubiquitous "lag" debate.

IMHO compared to MCR this ROM does (subjectively) appear to be slower.

Can I suggest posting a brief "Known Issues" - should help to cut down on the multiple

reporting of problems - or maybe just open up a bugzilla to capture bug reports

I realize this particular ROM is based on 'leaked' code, but that doesn't really excuse not putting the source code out

in a source repository somewhere. The sooner the code is available the sooner the rest of us

can help by contributing to the effort.

Thanks,

M

Guest jnwhiteh
Can I suggest posting a brief "Known Issues" - should help to cut down on the multiple

reporting of problems - or maybe just open up a bugzilla to capture bug reports

You mean like the 'Known Issues' section in the first post, which has obviously done no good? =)

I realize this particular ROM is based on 'leaked' code, but that doesn't really excuse not putting the source code out

in a source repository somewhere. The sooner the code is available the sooner the rest of us

can help by contributing to the effort.

The source for this ROM has and always will be available. As a matter of fact, Kiall and are are the two members of the two members of the community who have worked tirelessly to ensure that all code is posted and available. We've posted a number of how-to documents detailing precisely how someone could build any of these ROMs.

So.. what precisely are you insinuating?

Guest 1redrum

Good grief , I'm really on a role tonight, first I accidentally create a new thread, when I meant to reply,

then I cut-n-past the reply to the wrong thread, and now this..

Apologies and mea culpa on all counts - I didn't mean to cause any offense or insinuate anything.

I did see the known issues on the initial post, but what I really meant to emphasize/suggest was some sort of bug

tracking (bugzilla etc) to capture the bugs/issues.

- having said that I know just how frustrating it is when people constantly open/report duplicate issues.

From various comments I've been reading on the forum, I had come to the conclusion (wrongly it would appear) that

some of src code is not available for this rom. I can't remember where exactly, but I thought someone mentioned that not all the

src was available that you guys wouldn't be able to optimize for speed and efficiency until is was.

Again - mea culpa!!

Edited by 1redrum

Guest MrPadie
The source for this ROM has and always will be available. As a matter of fact, Kiall and are are the two members of the two members of the community who have worked tirelessly to ensure that all code is posted and available. We've posted a number of how-to documents detailing precisely how someone could build any of these ROMs.

Sorry to be a pain jnwhiteh, but would you be able to point me in the direction to these 'how-to' documents? I wouldn't really know what to search for in the first place ;).

Thanks, and keep up the work on this great ROM!

Guest HaddockJG

I'm not sure if I'm being particularily dim here, but I've used the kitchen for the first time for a build for my hero and I've not been able to find any instructions as to what to do with the zip file.

Do I just need to rename the zip to update.zip and carry on as normal with previous ROM's? or have I missed something completely?

thanks in advance.

cheers

Guest vorcigernix
How long does the AOSP 2.1's battery last? Compared to this rom.

AOSP lasts longer in my experience (on AOSP r5 I was absolutely ok for one day, this ends before I return home sometimes). I have no visible battery drainer, all items in list are system ones.

Guest descenpet
I'm not sure if I'm being particularily dim here, but I've used the kitchen for the first time for a build for my hero and I've not been able to find any instructions as to what to do with the zip file.

Do I just need to rename the zip to update.zip and carry on as normal with previous ROM's? or have I missed something completely?

thanks in advance.

cheers

kitchen baked roms are installed the same way as normal update.zip roms.