CyanogenMod for HTC Hero (GSM) v1.0 (now with online kitchen)

Guest jnwhiteh

Guest masterpfa

OK just baked a new ROM all looking good so far

The issue with Screen lock not being activated resolved by flashing this new ROM

Great inclusion of WaveSecure and Titanium backup Paul

OK time to field trial, back in a day or so, but so far very happy (especially with Titanium Backup helping to make ROM trials a bit less painful!! LOL)

;)

Guest vorcigernix
can you change that launcher to something different please?

You can use whatever launcher graphic you like. Just adb push to /system/app. This one is default, so it should be default imho.

Launcher2 is still just pain in the ass, I think that Hero isn't capable of running this (at least with current drivers).

Guest Profete162
You can use whatever launcher graphic you like. Just adb push to /system/app. This one is default, so it should be default imho.

Launcher2 is still just pain in the ass, I think that Hero isn't capable of running this (at least with current drivers).

is that really so easy?

I thought we need to do complicated stuff to sign apk and other steps. Do you have a simple method to change the laucher/statusBar?

Guest vorcigernix
is that really so easy?

I thought we need to do complicated stuff to sign apk and other steps. Do you have a simple method to change the laucher/statusBar?

Well, it have to be launcher from some other (probably better 2x) ROM. Or you can build your own from android source (where you can draw smiling kitties on top if you want), but if you change something in apk file, you have to sign it again(probably, never tried without).

Guest kareem613
Just flashed the Kitchen Paul, but apps wont install - Insufficient Space(Even though there is 177Mb on internal storage)

And Google Maps not showing even though I swear I left it selected.

Anything I'm doing wrong here ?

EDIT : Just did a quick wipe and it works fine now.

I'm having this issue. I wiped, reflashed and still no good. I get this with both the kitchen rom and the stock one.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Guest martyn028
I'm having this issue. I wiped, reflashed and still no good. I get this with both the kitchen rom and the stock one.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

yes im also affected any fix ?

M

you can try this in terminal

chmod 777 /data/app

chmod 777 /data/app-private

;)

Ooops, same issue here, after a total wipe...

Plz, what's going on ?

Thanks in advance for the help.

PS : I was wondering if this could be an Amon-Ra 1.5.3 issue ?

Edited by okdac

Guest jnwhiteh

I have had absolutely 0 reports of this using the ROM linked in the first post. Either try the step that someone posted, or you'll need to report whether you are using the kitchen version or not. I sincerely doubt its an issue with the ROM or I would have heard about it a week ago.

I have had absolutely 0 reports of this using the ROM linked in the first post. Either try the step that someone posted, or you'll need to report whether you are using the kitchen version or not. I sincerely doubt its an issue with the ROM or I would have heard about it a week ago.

Yep, baked rom...

If it can help. I'm going to try with the latest 1.5.3.1 Amon-Ra (as it is the only change I made lately) to see if there's any change. I'll let you know.

i have no issue with the normal version, but kitchen version has this issue. Maybe Paul can look into it =).

Otherwise it's a great ROM.

Guest masterpfa
Seems to lag a little bit when i switch between the screens.

Is it possible to get the old HTC hero stock keyboard?

You can get the Stock HTC Keyboard you will need HTC_IME etc follow the instructions here! or the original info plus calibration tool by the man Cyanogen himself over at XDA here!

Edited by masterpfa

Guest masterpfa
hows the battery life?

One of the issues, previously, was the Wi-Fi being on 100% of the time.

I had checked the Wi-Fi Sleep Policy

(Menu> Wireless & networks>Wi-Fi settings>Menu>Advanced>Wi-Fi Sleep Policy>When Screen Turns Off) on my initial CyanogenMod for HTC ROM and even though this had been set to Sleep when the screen was off, Wi-Fi, I noticed, was on all the time.

Since baking with this ROM my Wi-Fi does appear to "Sleep" when the screen is off!

Having said that I got 14hrs out of a charge, normally would have seen 24hrs+

Still monitoring ;)

Guest ermacwins
One of the issues, previously, was the Wi-Fi being on 100% of the time.

I had checked the Wi-Fi Sleep Policy

(Menu> Wireless & networks>Wi-Fi settings>Menu>Advanced>Wi-Fi Sleep Policy>When Screen Turns Off) on my initial CyanogenMod for HTC ROM and even though this had been set to Sleep when the screen was off, Wi-Fi, I noticed, was on all the time.

Since baking with this ROM my Wi-Fi does appear to "Sleep" when the screen is off!

Having said that I got 14hrs out of a charge, normally would have seen 24hrs+

Still monitoring ;)

thats weak :D

Guest SweJson

Hi,

using this rom and love it, switched from MCR to this one.

But i got 1 issue, i cant play Youtube videos (ther will be sound but frozen picture)

otherwise i realy like this rom. great work.

Guest nilmunny

Hey, i have posted before but i thought i would post again as i have tried several times now.

I have tried installing "aosp-2.1-jnwhiteh-r4.zip" and also "cm-hero-v1.0.zip" i get the same issue every time. The device sticks on the HERO splash screen after restart. When it boots it makes the little vibrate and then gets stuck on that screen forever unless i take the battery out.

I didn't notice anyone else with the same issue after having a bit of a scroll through the posts so am thinking i must have done something wrong! I even tried updating my recovery image to see if that would make a difference. Same issue! I have never had this problem with the MCR roms of which i am currently using 3.1

Here are the steps i take.

Copy the rom zip file to the sd card along with the appropriate googlebits depending on the rom

Boot into recovery image

perform nandroid backup

Clear Data

Clear Cache

Apply any zip - ROM

Apply any zip - Google bits

Reboot.

There must be something i am doing wrong, i know you hate people that don't know their stuff asking you for help and shouting "it doesn't work" at you.

Do you have any idea what could be wrong here! I am very keen to try out the ROM.

Thanks in advance.

This ROM does not provide Facebook contacts synchronization supported natively. There are several applications you can download from the Market that can provide this functionality.

Which apps?

Hi,

using this rom and love it, switched from MCR to this one.

But i got 1 issue, i cant play Youtube videos (ther will be sound but frozen picture)

otherwise i realy like this rom. great work.

When you play a video, press menu and choose "High Quality" - it will play the video as well as the audio.