Custom Samsung B7610 US ROM 6.5.3 Build 28205 V2

Guest ronald-mcdrive

Guest ttrevelian
For those that install this rom , still have the camera problem (bad image)?

the only issue i have noticed with the camera is that the color look REALLY BAD on screen like but when i view the pictures in my pc the look just fine

i am not sure if that is what you are referring to

Guest laurenze88

Is it possible to change the samsung sms skin back to the 'normal' wm skin?

Cant get it done:(:S tried many regs changes

no results, dont want the conversation stuf :D

Edited by laurenze88

Guest ttrevelian
Is it possible to change the samsung sms skin back to the 'normal' wm skin?

Cant get it done:(:S tried many regs changes

no results, dont want the conversation stuf :D

this rom has samsung sms disabled you can access it by the titanium text tap not the one on the start menu. That is a shortcut to the samsung sms app.

If you are use to accessing it by going to the start menu you can edit the shortcut with total commander to "\windows\tmail.exe"

The attached file does just that you can extract it and replace the original localed in \windows\start menu\ programs

message.rar

Guest ttrevelian

I changed my CSC to B7610NXXIL4 it is too early to say if my battery problem stopped . However i noticed that after clean startup free ram went from 60mb with Original CSC to 74.67mb available which is really something

Guest abbeysumit

Hi Amazing ROM thanks for that. Only Issue I am dealing with it a 3 Ring delay. When I am on Samsung Dialer then the delay is not there but its taking RAM.

Just after boot mt RAM is @52% used and after some time its going to 75%. is that OK?

Any workaround for ring delay???

I am already using a ring script as apr....

Any help would appriciate???

Can anyone provide me a India CSC. i Flashed it with Sceany CSC now the start animation is from O2...

Can some one suggest me the best CSC for Win 6.5.

Cheers

Abbey

Guest matdahero

I dunno if is it just me or a persisting problem but it seems like nobody has mentioned it so far. I just realized how my brightness cannot be adjusted. It doesn't go dimmer or brighter no matter how I changed the brightness settings. Does anybody else have the same issue?

EDIT: Nevermind a Soft reset did the job... And sorry I haven't looked deep enough this is an existing problem reported from others and it happens once a while when phone is at low power. And yes my battery was at 35%.

Edited by matdahero

Guest laurenze88
this rom has samsung sms disabled you can access it by the titanium text tap not the one on the start menu. That is a shortcut to the samsung sms app.

If you are use to accessing it by going to the start menu you can edit the shortcut with total commander to "\windows\tmail.exe"

The attached file does just that you can extract it and replace the original localed in \windows\start menu\ programs

I just opend the file, but its still the same as normaly, all message are placed in conversations?? and the tmail.exe is allready in my register?

by the v1 version i didnt had conversations??

Guest laurenze88
do you want to disable samsung skinned SMS or threaded WM SMS ?

Yes i want to disable the samsung skinned sms, with other words i wanne get rid of the chat function

Guest ttrevelian

I really dont see how you can have samsung sms enabled and not windows mobile sms (tmail.exe)

This is samsung skinned SMS MMS

SMS%20MMS%20Samsung.jpg

This is WM threaded SMS (witch is not skinned by samsung)

http://5snatw.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pyHy...l%20example.jpg

(see attached tmail.jpg)

if you want to dissable this in order to have regular sms view (like in WM 6.0)

you can change this reg value

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\Settings\OEM

Change SMSInboxThreadingDisabled = 0 to 1

then turn off your phone not soft reset. let me know if that helps

post-366594-1266685998_thumb.jpg

Edited by ttrevelian

Guest laurenze88
I really dont see how you can have samsung sms enabled and not windows mobile sms (tmail.exe)

This is samsung skinned SMS MMS

SMS%20MMS%20Samsung.jpg

This is WM threaded SMS (witch is not skinned by samsung)

http://5snatw.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pyHy...l%20example.jpg

(see attached tmail.jpg)

if you want to dissable this in order to have regular sms view (like in WM 6.0)

you can change this reg value

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\Settings\OEM

Change SMSInboxThreadingDisabled = 0 to 1

then turn off your phone not soft reset. let me know if that helps

Here you see my inbox, Don't know how to make a prt sc so its from my webcam, when i am in my inbox and open one sms i see this conversation blue: is me, i would like it back to basic, wm 6. 6.1 6.5

But changing the reg vulue has no effect? i really dont get this:S

post-619692-1266687966_thumb.jpg

Edited by laurenze88

Guest ttrevelian

ok, as i said before that is not samsung skinned sms that is wm and you need to disable threaded messages

check your installed programs and delete all cabs you have installed to fix this issue and then try again with the reg change

Guest laurenze88
ok, as i said before that is not samsung skinned sms that is wm and you need to disable threaded messages

check your installed programs and delete all cabs you have installed to fix this issue and then try again with the reg change

I just reinstallt the rom, and changed reg again and now it's working fine, thanks for your support!

Guest etlavic

HI. Someone know where in the regestry can I disable the proximity sensor, so it doesnt turn off the screen when i put it close to my ear. s beacuse the program minute beep and phone screen lock stop working, and i need this programs to hang up my phone afeter 4 minutes.

Thanks

Guest RATTLE_FISH
Custom Samsung Omnia Pro B7610 US ROM 6.5.3 Build 28205 V2

This is my second release of WWE B7610 ROM with windows mobile 6.5.3 Build 28205.

This time i did some OEM and SYS customizations. Also i tried some memory optimalizations, so i need your opinion about it!!

Information:

Released: V2 beta 2010.02.12

Version: Samsung Windows Mobile 6.5 Build 28205 B7610NXXIK2 WWE

ROM format: Nb0 file(only PDA part)

Free RAM on boot: 70MB

Free storage on boot: 160 - 150MB

Specification:

SYS and XIP ported.

Removed from SYS:

- AutoUpdate - Device-Side Auto Update

- BTDUN - Bluetooth dial-up networking

- Enterprise - IPSec, l2TP and Winscard support

- Entertainment - Games

- IPSECVPN - IPSec VPN Support

- SampleMusic - Sample Music

- Skybox - Microsoft MyPhone, Syncs a phone's info with Microsoft

- Transcriber - Transcriber

- WMMoneyWidget - MS Money Widget

- WMWeatherWidget - MS Weather Widget

- WMWidgets - MS Widgets Support

Removed from OEM:

- Smart memo

- Video editor

- Connected home

- Smart search

- Smart reader

- Communities

- widgets

- Samsung Mainmenu

Other customizations:

- Show windows settings

- Enabled A-GPS and default download from xtra1.gpsonextra.net

- Disabled samsung work and life todaysceen and enabled windows

- Enabled front camera

- Disabled Samsung SMS delivery

- Disabled Samsung SMS

- Enabled Threaded SMS

- Disabled GPRS connect notification

- Changed default time and agenda to Samsung default programs

- Added HTCSensorSDK

- Disabled camera sounds

- 4RowsMenuWithHoneyComb

- Disabled large indicators

- Disabled Samsung dialer, now using default WM dialer (To use Samsung Dialer, set "Enabled" to 1 in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Phone\Skin)

- Changed HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shell\lowmem to 96

- Smile button: single click: Task Switcher, long click: activesync (this can be changed by user)

- several other optimizations

- Fixed the T9 settings visibility

Known issues:

- On the work, life todayscreen you have a small line just below the top bar. Its a few pixels high and the background is not really working correctly. Its like the screen isnt using that space at all and just shows you what other screens put there before.

I'm not able to solve this because in WM 6.5.3 the top bar is smaller then the top bar in WM 6.5. Maybe someone else can check this out? I'm not using work of life mode because it's useless

- When install autoclosefix and open the keyboard, the screen doesnt go to landscape

Don't install autoclosefix!!

- When upgrading from WM 6.1 you can't use the hardware buttons and keyboard when the phone comes out of the lock screen. (Thanks to kaluku and laurenz)

Flash a new CSC file (from WM 6.5)

If you found an bug? post it so i can fix it.

Tips:

CleanRAM: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=514333

Screenshot:

post-598626-1265991012_thumb.png

post-598626-1265991021_thumb.png

post-598626-1265991031_thumb.png

post-598626-1265991036_thumb.png

Download:

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=fc80df3...9789de4b2881080

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Custom Samsung Omnia Pro B7610 US ROM 6.5.3 Build 28205

This is my first working US B7610 ROM with windows mobile 6.5.3 Build 28205.

I did no OEM customizations, only the windows version is changed!

Information:

Released: V1 beta 2010.02.05

Version: Samsung Windows Mobile 6.5 Build 28205 B7610NXXIK2 US

ROM format: Nb0 file(only PDA part)

Specification:

No OEM changes!

Only SYS and XIP port.

Known issues:

- The windows background is visible for a litle bit when using Samsung work mode, best way is to use Windows Default on today screen

- You need to disable "Large Indicator" to use Windows indicators in top screen (Settings -> Display and Light -> Large Indicator)

- Vertical scrollbar in samsung dialer. To use Samsung Dialer, set "Enabled" to 1 in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Phone\Skin

Let me know if there's other issues or bugs!

Additional information:

Flash with Octans http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...tans-v2-0-mini/

Screenshot:

Not available yet!

Download:

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=fc80df3...878de785cc0f59e

Hi Ronald,

Today I deployed the ROM (Custom Samsung Omnia Pro B7610 US ROM 6.5.3 Build 28205 V2). Everything is fine so far, I am experiencing problems using the HTCSensor. Games are running but if I tilt the device towards right, the ball (Resco Bubbles) goes towards left. Similarly for other directions. Please suggest. :(

Guest VOODOOS!L

@RATTLE_FISH: please don't quote such a long post if it has no added value.. :(

@ronald-mcdrive: thx for this great rom :( , V2 working fine for some days now!!

Does anyone know how to disable the battery icon in the top taskbar in Windows Mobile 6.5.3? The old registry tweaks don't seem to work anymore and I prefer WkTask battery bar.

Guest RATTLE_FISH
@RATTLE_FISH: please don't quote such a long post if it has no added value.. :(

@ronald-mcdrive: thx for this great rom :( , V2 working fine for some days now!!

Does anyone know how to disable the battery icon in the top taskbar in Windows Mobile 6.5.3? The old registry tweaks don't seem to work anymore and I prefer WkTask battery bar.

Hi VOODOOS!L

Point well taken. :(

Are you facing issues with gsensor based games?

Guest VOODOOS!L
Hi VOODOOS!L

Point well taken. :(

Are you facing issues with gsensor based games?

Did you try with the HTCSensor.dll file in your \Windows folder? Take a look at this autorotation thread with some info. But I don't have any gsensor based games, so I'm not sure this will solve the issue.

Guest ttrevelian

@RATTLE_FISH: I am having the same problem with the G-sensor going the opposite side using G-alarm.I'll look into that later ( if I find a fix i'll post it here)

Right now I am trying to configure MMS for this rom since my carrier (Digitel- Venezuela) is not pre configured by CSC.

Does someone know how to access the MMS ACCOUNT CONFIG? or in other words how to manually configure MMS carrier settings

I remember it was accessible by navigating to: Messaging > MMS > Menu > Options > Account configuration (or setup)

EDIT:

The actual path to navigate (as in WM 6.5 HTC TP rom): Messaging> SMS/MMS > MENU > MMS options... > Servers

If someone knows how to configure MMS server please repply thanks

Edited by ttrevelian

Guest RATTLE_FISH
try installing the b7610 htc sensor dll

Hi Daskalos

HTCSensor Dll was provided in the ROM, I have the DLL you are suggesting, but cannot replace the same in Windows folder. I get the error you are not authorised ....

Guest ttrevelian
Hi Daskalos

HTCSensor Dll was provided in the ROM, I have the DLL you are suggesting, but cannot replace the same in Windows folder. I get the error you are not authorised ....

I just replaced it with the one attached using totalcommander (LINK for wvga version)

Just Extract and copy or move HTCsensorSDK.dll to \windows folder and it will replace it

HTCSensorSDK.rar

Edited by ttrevelian