Remove amazon mp3 store or other stock apps (rooted device)

Guest kaotix

Guest AndyCr15
Sorry if I came off as sounding like I was having a go. I was mearly pointing out that I don't use those apps so I removed them.

Nah don't worry, again I was only really messing ;) I understand, you don't want apps forced upon you, you prefer to choose which version you'd like to use.

I can see Goggles being very useful. I DO work in a Supermarket, so I'm trying it on a variety of products because it seems to find me much more detail than barcode scanner, which hardly ever does. (Maybe that's because I'm in the UK?)

I'm really looking forward to using Goggles when I go on holiday/travelling and I can point it at a building and it tells me about it (hopefully...)

Guest JDMJOSH
fantastic. thank you very much :D

Also to update I've removed the following:

com.amazon.mp3.apk

GoogleGoggles.apk

Email.apk

Email.odex

Facebook.apk

Facebook.odex

VoiceDialer.apk

VoiceDialer.odex

googlevoice.apk

Talk.apk

Talk.odex

YouTube.apk

YouTube.odex

I want to remove 'Voice Search' but I don't know if it's safe and I don't know the actual app name. Any help?

Whats the command to remove?? I've succesfully removed amazon mp3 but it keeps telling me the facebook.apk is read only even after I've executed mount -o remount,rw /dev/mtdblock3 /system

Whats the command to remove?? I've succesfully removed amazon mp3 but it keeps telling me the facebook.apk is read only even after I've executed mount -o remount,rw /dev/mtdblock3 /system

how did you remove amazon mp3 then?

do

mount 

(check if /system is really mounted rw)

cd /system/app

rm Facebook.apk

• 4 weeks later...
Guest xkonni
is it safe to remove the stock messeging app? if so whats it called? i use handcent...

no. handcent relies on the stock messaging app and is just a front-end.

if you remove the stock app you will not receive any messages at all.

Guest stevenbriggs

You removed Talk? I was under the impression (I think by Paul, but I could be mistaken) that Talk is used by the Market and so forth in order to help figure out what apps are installed, can be installed, etc? I know I read something like that from someone authoritative...

Have you experienced any weirdness with the Market app since removing Talk? Any other apps?

fantastic. thank you very much <_<

Also to update I've removed the following:

com.amazon.mp3.apk

GoogleGoggles.apk

Email.apk

Email.odex

Facebook.apk

Facebook.odex

VoiceDialer.apk

VoiceDialer.odex

googlevoice.apk

Talk.apk

Talk.odex

YouTube.apk

YouTube.odex

I want to remove 'Voice Search' but I don't know if it's safe and I don't know the actual app name. Any help?

Guest xkonni
You removed Talk? I was under the impression (I think by Paul, but I could be mistaken) that Talk is used by the Market and so forth in order to help figure out what apps are installed, can be installed, etc? I know I read something like that from someone authoritative...

Have you experienced any weirdness with the Market app since removing Talk? Any other apps?

i think you can remove talk, but not talkprovider. but since i like talk for free sms-like messaging i would not remove it <_<

• 2 months later...
Guest PavanT
adb remount

adb shell rm /system/app/amazon*

Job done. :(

P

I am getting the following error "remount failed: Operation not permitted". Am i doing something wrong.

• 5 months later...
I think you have to delete the apk file from /system/app

After you have done that, connect your phone with your pc and run adb shell.

Then use the command "pm uninstall <program name>" to uninstall from your device.

I hope this is hopeful

regards

DremoX

HOW do you get to the /system/app folder?

Guest micheleovernet
su

mount -o remount,rw /dev/mtdblock3 /system

remove whatever you want

mount -o remount,ro /dev/mtdblock3 /system

following this code,

I removed amazonmp3, the icon in the menu in vanished.

the problem is with twitter, How can I remove this app?