AutoKiller minfree manager

Guest RatSon

Guest Dr. dre
thanks for your fast reply^^

DO you know how could i root this phone? (i'm new to android...)

Many people are working on this to root the HTC Legend & Desire, So hopefully there will be a way to root the device soon.

Guest RatSon
definitely made my hero perform better without have to use advanced task killer to kill certain tasks regularly, but it decreased the battery life by 30-40%. Normally i would get 24-36 hours between charges with normal use, but with AK i only get maybe 12-18 hours... is this expected?

this would be cstrange, please select default amongst presets, it is your factory default setting and see if battery last longer, tnan try lets say strict or aggressive setting and check the difference, but personally i doubt that AK would be the cause...

Guest Streetdaddy
this would be cstrange, please select default amongst presets, it is your factory default setting and see if battery last longer, tnan try lets say strict or aggressive setting and check the difference, but personally i doubt that AK would be the cause...

Thanks, I'll try that out. It is possible there was some other factor, like sometimes the battery drains faster if I'm in an area with bad reception...

Guest RatSon
you do know there is a lovely donate heart-shaped button in the app that redirects you to a paypal page don't you?

i would of thought the task manager would be part of the "paid" version of the app. deep inside i always knew that a task manager was inevitable.

autokiller = free

autokiller + task killer = paid

it's a bit too late for this idea i guess

maybe a new awesome feature or maybe some ads for the free version

@ratson: i love the app. congratz

thank you for your suggestion, i think current version is rather stable, and i have included donate possibility for ~ 2 weeks with not much success so far :P

i don't think i will get rich with this application, but if you think it would be a better way for you to donate if you had a pay for version on the market, i can release one. could you maybe give me a suggestion about the price tag? what would be a good choice?

i also await suggestions, what would you like to have in AutoKiller in the future?

--Edit--

actually I cannot place a payed app to the market, because my country is not amongst the allowed ones. only donation remained as an option, i hope everyone has a paypal account :(

Edited by RatSon

Guest jstevenson

Hello,

I cant seem to keep the messaging app alive. i long press and hit keep alive and have tried almost everything but the task killer just does not want to keep it alive. once i close out of auto killler and reopen the app the messaging app is no longer ignored in processes. Ive also set the values pretty low for the bottom processes but this is not an ideal solution because it then keeps everything alive and slows down the phone.

Running buglessbeast 0.9 on moto droid

any help would be appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest phillevy
Hello,

I cant seem to keep the messaging app alive. i long press and hit keep alive and have tried almost everything but the task killer just does not want to keep it alive. once i close out of auto killler and reopen the app the messaging app is no longer ignored in processes. Ive also set the values pretty low for the bottom processes but this is not an ideal solution because it then keeps everything alive and slows down the phone.

Running buglessbeast 0.9 on moto droid

any help would be appreciated.

I'm having the same problem with chomp SMS

• 1 month later...
Guest acetylyne

I'm not sure if this thread is dead or not, but I figured it's worth a shot. I'm running CM 5.0.7.1 on my MotoDroid and used autokiller in the past, and was getting nice free RAM in the 70's with no ill effects running at the optimum preset. Now, however when I'm running at optimum, autokiller has been shutting down my swype keyboard, which is very frustrating when I'm in the middle of responding to a text or forum post on my phone.

I have tried lowering the oom, but that didn't seem to work, I also don't see a long press and 'ignore' option for the processes, which I guess I shouldn't expect because as I understand it, this modifies the automated back end cleaning process and isn't exactly selective, just looks for processes that meet the criteria and kills. I've lowered my settings a bit, and will see if that helps at all, but any suggestions would be helpful.

• 1 month later...
Guest Nuggets86

Hello,

I'am using Autokiller. My phone is Huawei u8230. What settings do you recommend me ?

What is the consequence on the battery consumption ?