Google Maps 4.0

Guest eclsnowman

Guest Enraged Ninja

Using stock update from verizon. UNINSTALLED PREVIOUS VERSION OF GM, Installed 4.0 - works. I use my GPS 8 hrs a day constantly - no crash. The "buzz" feature didnt work though... kept bringing up the terms of agreement everytime i would hit the "buzz" icon (above the location icon). But... i didnt softreset the device after it was installed and didnt try it since.

EDIT: Tried "buzz" again - working. Just needed a reboot.

Edited by Enraged Ninja

Guest yannick227
4.0 still crashes when using 'My Location' and 'GPS' on my Omnia i900. thats right but:

Try to install this:

HTCSensorSDK Disabler.CAB (http://cs9208.comp.hkbu.edu.hk/HTCSensorSDK Disabler.CAB)

Deactive the HTCSensorSDK with the Fix and Googlemaps works well. Also with Version 4.0.0.

thanks this works :-)

i hope this is not off topic.. where takes homescreen the location for weather from? i fixed google maps, but this still does not work :-(

Guest xenspidey

I have been having the problem of crashing for awhile... i just took the HTCsensorSDK out of my ROM and now it works flawlessly.

Guest RoyalDrew

hmm... i've never had a problem with aGPS on GoogleMaps it puts me within a few miles of my location and i'm using 4.0.

My question why does it not use GPS when you select Yes to "Continue to share your location with Latitude" when you are exiting the app?

Even tho i know my device still has a GPS fix bc i'm using other GPS programs or GPS Keep Alive it still only uses aGPS for latitude.

I would like for it to update my actual GPS position IF i have a GPS fix and use aGPS if i don't have a fix. Shouldn't that be the way it works?

I am using Lioryte's 28232 on my i910

Edited by RoyalDrew

• 2 months later...
Guest DestentT

Is it possible Omnia would update my position on Latitude without Google Maps turned on?

Like Android phones, for example (works at background).

Guest Viet_Vet53
Google Maps 4.0 up now. Now with Google Buzz... and it doesn't even crash my i910 like 3.3.1 did.

Greetings. New to the forums, and not nearly as technical as any of you.

Do I understand that you have Googlemaps 4.0 on your Omnia i910, it is working, and giving turn by turn voice directions? If so, did you have to install anything else to make it work?

Thanks

Guest gman34
Greetings. New to the forums, and not nearly as technical as any of you.

Do I understand that you have Googlemaps 4.0 on your Omnia i910, it is working, and giving turn by turn voice directions? If so, did you have to install anything else to make it work?

Thanks

Welcome to the forum!

The google maps 4.0 wasn't working properly but the new google maps 4.0.1 is working perfectly. And I don't think it has turn by turn, thats google maps navigation and it's only for android. I believe.

But install it yourself just go to m.google.com on your phone.

Guest Viet_Vet53
Welcome to the forum!

The google maps 4.0 wasn't working properly but the new google maps 4.0.1 is working perfectly. And I don't think it has turn by turn, thats google maps navigation and it's only for android. I believe.

But install it yourself just go to m.google.com on your phone.

Thank you! I've already installed google maps last month from the link you gave. It won't work for me for some reason. Getting "my location" works, but I can't connect to any of the satellites.

Any suggestions? I'm running a stock i910. I did the 2 upgrades put out by Samsung and Verizon, but that's it.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Guest chopperthedog
but I can't connect to any of the satellites.

Any suggestions? I'm running a stock i910.

4 sucked, but I saw gman34 mentioned new version. Well it seems to be at 4.1.0 (#44) now, and does not crash on omnia i910 now. :( Search by voice gives me another reason to stick with this phone, works great. I am running DC22 stock.

As for gps in settings/gps settings At first I chose com-8 and baud 256000 and it would find lock. After closing and re opening I noticed that it went back to managed by windows in gps settings but still worked. I always get the best locks by not holding the device just setting it down and walking away, come back a minute later and I always have lock. Even in house seen below.

post-578328-1275449902_thumb.png

Just about where the layzboy is at.

good day.

Edited by chopperthedog

Guest tones75
Google Maps 4.0 up now. Now with Google Buzz... and it doesn't even crash my i910 like 3.3.1 did.

he there!

does this work on omnia II?

thanx in advance! :(