disco custom kernel [v.b01]

Guest disc0

doing this might make the keyboard easier to use or more accurate when speed typing with two thumbs, since there will not be a case where the character at the mid point is typed in

You have your point, in keyboard its better not having the midpt, never thought on that , I'll do some tests later (: ..

His repo is synced to the current kernel release, so its a matter of syncing and start working on implementing JIT.

Im a bit interested to see what BFS patching will for more speed increase :D

Hey, did you found the patch for liquids kernel version ??

JIT....JIT....JIT lol lets get JIT working on Donut Liquid, :D from what I am reading it will increase x1.74 in speed and more battery also.... ill try to backport it :D

EDIT:framework and dalvik backports http://drop.io/lq4oykn4523

I think jit is a little buggy, I'm not entirely inside this subject, but from what I read, cyanogen that included it on nexus mod left this comment in changelog:

* Disabled the JIT entirely. It's not even an option anymore. Too buggy and breaks the debugger.

:\

Guest designgears
I think jit is a little buggy, I'm not entirely inside this subject, but from what I read, cyanogen that included it on nexus mod left this comment in changelog:

:\

well, JIT does rhyme with sh*t

:D

Guest chingy1788
when i flash it my liquid doesnt boot anymore :D i have to enter recovery and flash the ACR 1.51 with 768mhz kernel back :D

any tips?

are you flashing the 1GHz liquid?

not all liquids can run at 1GHz

it seems that acer bought 768MHz Snapdragons, this means these cpus are tested to work at 768MHz, theres no guarantee that it will work at 1GHz

I'm some what disappointed at this...

mine runs at 1GHz but restarts every now and then, I have setCPU to lock it at 768MHz, so I have the 1GHz if I just happen to need it for what ever reason...

but really theres not much noticable difference between 1GHz and 768MHz

Guest Uberadri

Some questions, I'm curios:

Is full multitouch theoretically possible, or is the hardware limited to pinch-zoom?

Have you looked into enabling FM radio? I would love this!

If I install the 1GHz version and use SetCPU to limit it to 768MHz (with Nexus One profile?), will it be exactly as the 768MHz version?

Or will it drain more battery and have random restarts anyway?

Is full multitouch theoretically possible, or is the hardware limited to pinch-zoom?

If I install the 1GHz version and use SetCPU to limit it to 768MHz (with Nexus One profile?), will it be exactly as the 768MHz version?

Multitouch is possible, it has nothing to do with hardware, disco here enabled mt for browser and if we can patch the apps for mt then we can have mt in browser and gallery etc.... Im not sure how will it will respond with the setcpu but its worth a shot "both have snapdragon, try it and return with results :D"

(stock browser with MT patch) http://android.modaco.com/content/acer-liq...-stock-browser/

Edited by Angio

Guest chingy1788

I have been running the 1GHz kernel with SetCPU putting it at 768, no reboots when at 768MHz

as for battery life, I would assume its the same as running with the 768MHz kernel, since the voltages have not been changed (disc0 tried to change it, but it didnt work, the cpu performed worse)

Guest liquid_it
@disc0

Yes I did test it (the tun.ko you are referring to), it made my Liquid hang on the android boot logo. Had to flash a nandroid backup to get it working again.

EDIT: Sorry, I misread your post... I need to sleep... I only tested the tun.ko module from issue 48, not the patched VPN client GUI (posted under issue 38). That GUI is for cisco VPNs, not openvpn, but even so, I couldn't even get the kernel module working in the first place.

HI, I'm the poster of tun.ko on issue #48, it worked for me with 2.000.16 kernel, not with disco0 custom kernel. Maybe just a .config issue, I'll recompile it asap and post it back. Btw if you flash back 2.000.16 boot img AND use the patched vpnc from issue #38 you'll be able to connect to ipsec routers (tested).

Edit, recompiled from sources available from git repo, but stil getting an "exec format error", don't know why. Disc0??? :D

Edited by liquid_it

I also have one of those Liquids that can't handle 1GHz. I have been doing some speed tests at lower MHz. Through my tests I've found that 920MHz is the highest speed where my Liquid is 100% stable (no crashes/restarts at all).

If anybody is interested, I can post my kernel build (based on disc0's git) or maybe disc0 can compile a version that maxes at 920MHz?

I also have one of those Liquids that can't handle 1GHz. I have been doing some speed tests at lower MHz. Through my tests I've found that 920MHz is the highest speed where my Liquid is 100% stable (no crashes/restarts at all).

If anybody is interested, I can post my kernel build (based on disc0's git) or maybe disc0 can compile a version that maxes at 920MHz?

hello liquid - it,

can post your 920mhz kernel please.

Guest drigerott

LoL great :D:D:D can you post the boot.img plzplzplzplz :D

Thanks for finding that out (: .. I'll max speed the liquid to that speed in next release (: ..

Thanks for finding that out (: .. I'll max speed the liquid to that speed in next release (: ..

Okey, good. You can also drop voltage on 245000 to 900mV. This will increase battery life when phone's screen is off or when phone is idle. I will continue testing tomorrow to find the optimal values.

BTW. Have you noticed the msm_i2c warnings in dmesg? I don't have the log right now, but it's something like: "Warning bus was busy". I googled this and noticed that cyanogen also had this in one of his CM's, but I couldn't find the reason or solution for it :D

Guest designgears

You can just add a setcpu.txt to the root of your sd card and put this in it

On the device selection list in setcpu, select the last option.

Edited by designgears

Guest drigerott
Right, and that gives you the option to set it in setcpu :D

but min on 920 mhz is too high hiihhiih always cpu on 920mhz the battery is dead after 2 hours hihiihhi

Guest chingy1788

setting it to 920MHz in setcpu while the kernel itself only supports 245, 384, 576, 768 and 998 wont set the CPU at 920MHz

I tried it, benchmarked it

its running at 768

In an earlier post, I was wondering if disc0 can add intermediate speeds (speeds between 768 and 998) so they are supported by the kernel, as well as speeds lower than 245

Edited by chingy1788