2.1 preview plus Droid and Nexus boot animation!

Guest Angio

Guest Mindbear
Nope, its not the same cpu as the nexus one, this chip runs at 768, its not under clocked.

mhhh.. the CPU from the Nexus One is the Qualcomm QSD 8250, the same as in our Liquids. whats the difference?

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Seth Cold
i am just thinking that 1ghz cpu will give a better game supporting against the iphone 3gs and droid (those with better GPU)

* actually the snapdragon soc has a really capable GPU...

Guest petoulachi
mhhh.. the CPU from the Nexus One is the Qualcomm QSD 8250, the same as in our Liquids. whats the difference?

The same as when you buy a Code2Duo that run at 3Ghz or 3.16Ghz, it's the same CPU but one has successfully passed the 3.16Ghz test.

Guest aluxzen

I think the Qualcomm QSD 8250 in the Liquid is actually one that was not validated by the manufacturer at 1ghz and passed and sold to 768mhz in order to reduce the cost of the Liquid...that explain why certain of liquid with the 1ghz kernel are not stable.

ALex

Nope...according to the same site, it's 768....just out of curiosity, do you have real need for 1ghz or just for the fun of having it!

Well, probably somebody that still havn't understood that the most wait-time there is our device is access to/from the ROM and SD-Card.

Also the device use alot of ram, which results in some load-time when the system needs to free this memory.

Today there is no need of a 1ghz cpu. I will however, when this work-project runs out, investigate some more if there are services and sh*t you can modify or remove from the system to free up more memory at boot. Maybe 2.1 even will be released when this happens ;-)

Some things puzzles me however:

X10 has alot more free memory then my Liquid after boot, and still the X10 is A LOT slower then our nice little device.

Guest xian1243

FYI, AMD did the same thing with their Phenom II X3 and Athlon II X3 CPUs. It's called chip binning, so pretty much, if it's not stable with 4 cores, they disable the faulty core and sell it as 3, to save money and so they don't junk them. Some people have been able to unlock the 4th core with software (much like what we're doing with the snapdragon, but with speed not cores). Some were stable, some weren't. It's really hit and miss.

So yeah, they aren't 1GHz CPUs, and if you manage to get 1GHz stable, you just got lucky (same case with AMD, sometimes AMD screws up and disables perfectly good cores...).

It's not a perfect comparison (Cores and Speed), but you get the point.

Edited by xian1243

Guest designgears
i am just thinking that 1ghz cpu will give a better game supporting against the iphone 3gs and droid (those with better GPU)

Our phones are faster then the 3gs :D

Guest xian1243

Like another user said before, the Snapdragon is essentially a System on a chip, with Wireless, CPU and GPU all built in. Which means, that not only are our phones faster than the 3Gs but with some good devs, could have even better graphics performance. The iPhone does not have have the HD acceleration nor the speed that the Snapdragon does (1080p anyone?).

Guest rondstif

In game performance is better the 3gs, even though it costs me to admit. The 3gs games are completely fluid, constant fps every moment. In the Acer, some 3d games have highly variable fps. I think that Android is evolving, and some day this change, because our Acer Liquid hardware, for example, is better than 3gs. It just need to debug programs as in the iphone.

Edited by rondstif

Guest Seth Cold
In game performance is better the 3gs, even though it costs me to admit. The 3gs games are completely fluid, constant fps every moment. In the Acer, some 3d games have highly variable fps. I think that Android is evolving, and some day this change, because our Acer Liquid hardware, for example, is better than 3gs. It just need to debug programs as in the iphone.

yes, thats because of better software development and APIs... still, 3GS has some better GPU specs.. droid uses another chipset variant which is less powerful mostly in every spec than the liquid

Guest Elmokki
There's a news that says that Acer will release the update...on June ><.

Hope we won't have to wait THAT long...

I could write a news item to tell it'll be never released. That wouldn't be very credible. How credible is your source? :D

Guest simoneser

Also this:

http://www.androidiani.com/dispositivi-and...ndroid-2-1-5779

It's in italian:

Ultima informazione ai possesori del Liquid normale: Acer non si e’ dimenticata di voi, e ci ha confermato che un update alla 2.1 verra’ rilasciato verso Giugno!

It means:

Last info for normal Liquid's owners: Acer hasn't forgot you, and it has confirmed that the 2.1 update will be released around June!

There is also a video showing the Liquid E, and there's also an Acer-man...