Hows RADIO 32.26.00.24U_4.04.00.03_2

Guest Ash_786

Guest natehinn

I don't know how everyone elses' N1's are reacting to the radio upadte. I was running a stock rom, and I could barely pull 3 bars or 3g at most, and that was when I was at work. I would say 75% of the time i was on 4 bars in 2g. I flashed alpha 7, and noticed that I was getting better 3g reception, around 3-4 bars avg, most of the day, at home or work. My tower mind you is about 4 blocks from my house, so really close. Now that I flashed alpha 11, I am pulling 4 bars on HSPA. I had never even see the "h" before in my staus bar, so the 1st time i saw it i was like wtf is that? I can't say thank you enough to our devs on here..Paul your awesome...My speeds are insane, i did a test early it was 5mbs down, i dont recall up speed. None the less, it has made my N1 bearable again. I dont mean to make anyone mad who is still getting crappy reception. I just wanted to state that it made a 10 fold difference with my radio. I def. believe it has alot to do with you SP, but the N1 radio did suck..

Guest IMseeryus

For me, the two newer radio downloads have been absolutely terrible(on t-mobile in US). After the original ota I suspected that my signal strength got worse. Then, after rooting and experimenting with EVERY ROM available on xda and trying each radio image on each ROM I am convinced that the original radio is the best. With the original radio I usually get a signal strength of -63dbm 25asu. With the two newer radios I would get -83dbm 13asu, and NEVER got a dbm lower than mid 70's. What's worse, my battery life went to hell. In battery stats it would show a huge amount of power being drained by the cell radio and showed a high percentage of "time without signal." With original radio this does not occur. My download speeds across all 3 radios were fairly equal on 3g.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Ash_786

Had my Nexus swapped, but still got crap 3G signal strength. Well annoyed as this is a good phone. Come on Google ...... sort it out !!!!!!!!