Loading up the Desire ROM on the Nexus One (my findings so far)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Driskol
In the name of science (or something) I flashed the radio image from the Desire RUU to my Nexus One.

I'm pleased to say my device isn't dead and still gets service. Not tried the FM radio yet. :D

P

And what are u waiting? xD

Maybe with this radio, mic and fm radio works well :D

Guest fantafree
In the name of science (or something) I flashed the radio image from the Desire RUU to my Nexus One.

I'm pleased to say my device isn't dead and still gets service. Not tried the FM radio yet. :D

P

Jajaja.. You could not wait without try it??

You are the best!

Guest Mantisen
DO NOT FLASH THIS TO YOUR DEVICE!

I've packaged up the Bravo hboot in an update.zip for anyone who wants to reverse engineer it - it might give us a clue as to the partition sizes.

I STRONGLY RECOMMEND YOU DO NOT FLASH THIS TO YOUR NEXUS ONE unless you're willing to brick it. There is a 99% chance this will happen and your device will be dead. Completely. It won't do anything. There will be no way back. Don't say I didn't warn you.

link

So we can flash this to our N1? :D

:D

I've packaged up the Bravo hboot in an update.zip for anyone who wants to reverse engineer it - it might give us a clue as to the partition sizes.

I STRONGLY RECOMMEND YOU DO NOT FLASH THIS TO YOUR NEXUS ONE unless you're willing to brick it. There is a 99% chance this will happen and your device will be dead. Completely. It won't do anything. There will be no way back. Don't say I didn't warn you.

link

That's hell of a warning sign..but definitely got the message across :D staying away from this...

Guest PhonePersona
cheers mate. So are you going to tell us how to put it on our phones. I'm new to all of this :D

There's a whole entire section of this forum dedicated to 'newbies' that is full of useful information and even step-by-step instructions on how to root, suberboot and flash custom recovery images and ROMs to your device.

You may need to patiently pore over a number of posts in your research, but trust me. Its well worth it.

Knowledge is power :D

Good luck my friend.

Guest bahadur.choongh
There's a whole entire section of this forum dedicated to 'newbies' that is full of useful information and even step-by-step instructions on how to root, suberboot and flash custom recovery images and ROMs to your device.

You may need to patiently pore over a number of posts in your research, but trust me. Its well worth it.

Good luck my friend.

thanks mate :D

Guest Stea1thmode

Good luck my friend.

yeh, AGREE

There's been many occasions in the past where people become so exicited and all they want to do is flash, flash and flash but not really thinking about the consequences. Paul knows what his doing. If anyone bricks their phone dont go pointing the finger at devs :D

Guest bahadur.choongh
yeh, AGREE

There's been many occasions in the past where people become so exicited and all they want to do is flash, flash and flash but not really thinking about the consequences. Paul knows what his doing. If anyone bricks their phone dont go pointing the finger at devs :D

Paul are we going to have a recovery image?

Guest yingwai

link

hi,

would this cause no screen brick or still can power up after flash?

Guest yingwai
:D

I am wondering that if that would flash the phone deadly because the screen problem.

(I have flashed cooked ROM, and seeking a way for swapping devices. :D )

Guest bahadur.choongh

could someone please make a video showing us how to do this to our nexus one, even though i have read the threads and forums. I'm still confused and i've watched videos on youtube and there much easy to understand, but they don't show me how i would install this.

Also step-by-step guide would be very helpful too, you must understand i don't want to brick my new nexus one

could someone please make a video showing us how to do this to our nexus one, even though i have read the threads and forums. I'm still confused and i've watched videos on youtube and there much easy to understand, but they don't show me how i would install this.

Also step-by-step guide would be very helpful too, you must understand i don't want to brick my new nexus one

I'd say, until you feel that you can understand what is involved from the very clear guides, you should steer clear of trying this on a phone as expensive as your nexus.

These proceedures require a degree of technical knowledge that you don't seem to have yet, and seeking shortcuts isn't the best idea with your nexus at stake.

Dayzee.

Guest bahadur.choongh
I'd say, until you feel that you can understand what is involved from the very clear guides, you should steer clear of trying this on a phone as expensive as your nexus.

These proceedures require a degree of technical knowledge that you don't seem to have yet, and seeking shortcuts isn't the best idea with your nexus at stake.

Dayzee.

i have previously installed sense ui on my old g1 is it the same?

Guest masterpfa
i have previously installed sense ui on my old g1 is it the same?

Don't try and be too impatiant, heed the warnings. Do some research, read the forums there are plenty of threads and take you time!

1. This is a works in progress Paul is still working on this

2. As soon as it's available, read the feedback before flashing

3. Once you have done your research, you may consider flashing

I would love to be in your position of owning, currently the best Android phone currently available, enjoy it, plenty of time for future developments.