Loading up the Desire ROM on the Nexus One (my findings so far)

Guest PaulOBrien

How's about this peeps, i'll do my best to get you something to play with over the weekend.

Remember this is a pre-release (earlyish) Desire Beta, so it's rough around the edges (camera limited to 3MP currently and some graphical glitches), but it's a good way to have a play and get an idea of what the release Desire ROM will be like.

P

Guest jabreu203

Great work Paul. I was following updates over at XDA but it's out of control with the lack of patience. Looking forward to your first release. Glad I became a memebr of your site. :D

Guest chrmjenkins

Hi Paul,

Any chance of us seeing flash 10.1 in action? I'm curious how sluggish the device becomes and how smooth the video is. Thanks!

Edit: nvm, looks like there's some nexus one flash videos floating around from MWC. Looks decent for no hardware acceleration. Does it look different than the videos you can find on youtube (i.e. is it hardware accelerated?)

Edited by chrmjenkins

Guest tkeunebr
I think that a lot of people with HTC hero follow this thread and have fingers crosses to believe it will be released for Hero after the N1!

That's the truth :D

Guest The Hero
How's about this peeps, i'll do my best to get you something to play with over the weekend.

Remember this is a pre-release (earlyish) Desire Beta, so it's rough around the edges (camera limited to 3MP currently and some graphical glitches), but it's a good way to have a play and get an idea of what the release Desire ROM will be like.

P

Sweet! Can't wait!

P

That's awesome, thanks!

Hopefully it's not a potentially watermarked ROM....would hate for you to risk your source by caving to the pressure from some impatient people. I'd prefer to wait if that were the case.

Either way, you're awesome!

Thanks!

Guest Mantisen
That's awesome, thanks!

Hopefully it's not a potentially watermarked ROM....would hate for you to risk your source by caving to the pressure from some impatient people. I'd prefer to wait if that were the case.

Either way, you're awesome!

Thanks!

I'd doubt that he'd risk his source if he was uncertain :D I mean this can't be the first time "the mob" have been anxious for a release from Modaco? :D

But yeah, that is awesome news Paul!

Edited by Mantisen

Guest Zephyron
Updated first post with more deets on what to expect! :D

P

hey paul, if you got the FM radio working, would it be able to FM transmit also? as in play music from the N1 through the car speakers?

Edited by Zephyron

Guest Profete162
No chance this rom will work on Hero. Need Legend rom for that.

Are you sure of that?

Rom makers are really awesome, and i believe they will be able to port this on the Hero before HTC..

Am I really dreaming or saying stupid things?

Guest BrumBrum74

Different screen resoltion, mic (noise cancelling), camera, touch buttons etc. etc.

Legend beta rom will appear in the near future and will be better for Hero.

But I could be wrong, but still think it'll be too much work to do to be able to port this rom to Hero.