Loading up the Desire ROM on the Nexus One (my findings so far)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Mantisen
Different screen resoltion, mic (noise cancelling), camera, touch buttons etc. etc.

Legend beta rom will appear in the near future and will be better for Hero.

But I could be wrong, but still think it'll be too much work to do to be able to port this rom to Hero.

And HTC will probably release 2.1 with Sense for the Hero during Q1 or early Q2 (march, april or perhaps may?) and the official release should work on the Hero.. no? :D

Guest Profete162
And HTC will probably release 2.1 with Sense for the Hero during Q1 or early Q2 (march, april or perhaps may?) and the official release should work on the Hero.. no? :D

Yes of course, but 3 month, that's a really lot of time for something than can already exist!

It's like you move with a candy bar really close to the hands of a baby and you remove it immediatly... lol.. the baby will cry and never stop until he get his candy.. lol

Yes of course, but 3 month, that's a really lot of time for something than can already exist!

It's like you move with a candy bar really close to the hands of a baby and you remove it immediatly... lol.. the baby will cry and never stop until he get his candy.. lol

Get a nexus one mate..Hero is a lost cause..LOL

Nah I m kidding, but nexus is probably the one to stick to for best optimization. Until perhaps when desire goes on sale

Guest Richard557

very excited for this .. just rooted few days ago loving all the customizing we can do ... will this ROM allow more free memort ? because both Modaco and Cyanogen rom i can only ever get 300mb free i thought we had 512mb?

great work paul !

You are the epitome of awesome, Paul. Can't wait to see what this ROM has. The 3mpx max. reso at the moment isn't that much of a big deal - I'll be glad to swap 2mpx for senseUI :D

Guest PhonePersona

I was a big Sense UI fan.

Now after using the N1....meh...not so much.

Don't get me wrong, I still miss a lot of the inherent features of Sense e.g. Smart-Dialer, Music Widget etc. But lately, my tastes seem to have moved back towards plain and simple.

I installed 'Beautiful Widgets' on my N1 and realized that I like the vanilla look after all.

Go figure.

What would be ideal is it there was a way to have a Vanilla-Sense Hybrid, based on choice. Kinda like the way the kitchen is laid out :D

Guest Richard557

Anyone care to answer my question ? i can only seem to unlock 300mb of ram on my N1 with the different Roms .. is it possible to unlock more ? will the desire rom unlock full Ram ??

Thanks

Guest DistortedLoop
Anyone care to answer my question ? i can only seem to unlock 300mb of ram on my N1 with the different Roms .. is it possible to unlock more ? will the desire rom unlock full Ram ??

You should have 386 total with himem enabled. The rest of the 512 goes to the system and isn't available to you.

Guest android_lovah

became adfree just to be able to receive the fresh updates for the desire asap :D

...and of course to use kitchen too :lol:

good job, paul, waiting for stuff to be ported on the N1 :D

Guest habibas

i cant wait for the beta to be released all i want is the fm radio to be working

google most enable the radio soon because it is not a software issue in android

all they have to do is unlock the driver for the nexus one

i cant wait for the beta to be released all i want is the fm radio to be working

google most enable the radio soon because it is not a software issue in android

all they have to do is unlock the driver for the nexus one

And you're basing that on... what exactly?

P

Paul,

How do you think the radio from the Desire performs compared to the one on the Nexus - any speed improvements if you do a speedtest ?

Could that radio be used on a standard Nexus rom ?

Thanks.

Edited by saquib

Guest surfsmurf
What we know with this topic is only that the nexus is FM radio capable. We still don't have any idea about how to make it works.

No, we do not know that the N1 as a complete unit is capable of receiving FM radio. We know that the chip inside supports it. We do not know if there is something else in the N1 design that prevents the FM radio from ever working.

We can always hope though. Until then I'm using Google Listen and enjoying it :D

Edited by surfsmurf

Guest bahadur.choongh
I like you're enthusiasm, Paul's having some 'me' time but dont worry he's a man of his words :D

stick in there.

do you have a nexus, in the bar it says you don't, but you might not have updated it?

Guest Stea1thmode
do you have a nexus, in the bar it says you don't, but you might not have updated it?

ahh yes, been updated. Checked it just noe but for some reason it's not showing :D

Guest bahadur.choongh
ahh yes, been updated. Checked it just noe but for some reason it's not showing :D

when it's out do you mind helping me go through the process of putting on nexus that hasn't been messed around with i.e. rooted or whatever