Loading up the Desire ROM on the Nexus One (my findings so far)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Stea1thmode
when it's out do you mind helping me go through the process of putting on nexus that hasn't been messed around with i.e. rooted or whatever

what do you mean? PM me if you like but I'm at work and cant spend too much time on it now. :D

Guest bahadur.choongh
what do you mean? PM me if you like but I'm at work and cant spend too much time on it now. :D

do you mind giving me your email, i just want a 1 on 1 on how to get the sense ui on my nexus?

Here's the partition usage directly after wiping and flashing the Desire ROM that has been 'massaged' to put just the right amount of stuff on the data partition. The upshot is, we don't really lose out at all by having a different partition map to real Desire handsets. :D

P

partitionmap.png

Guest Chicaned
I like you're enthusiasm, Paul's having some 'me' time but dont worry he's a man of his words :D

stick in there.

'Me' time with the lingerie section of the Grattons catalogue? :D

Guest bobtentpeg
Here's the partition usage directly after wiping and flashing the Desire ROM that has been 'massaged' to put just the right amount of stuff on the data partition. The upshot is, we don't really lose out at all by having a different partition map to real Desire handsets. :D

P

partitionmap.png

Haha, I love the usage for system, 99%

My nightly update... we're 99% there!

I have a few bits to finish up then it'll be fit for release (albeit with the graphical glitches and cam issue that will likely remain until the next Beta drop).

It's taken a bit longer than i'd hoped because I went back to the beginning, documented for myself everything I did etc. so that when the next Beta comes, I can push it out double-quick!

Not sure if i'll have something up tonight (it is 6:30pm Friday night here after all), but if not I will DEFINITELY have something up for you all tomorrow, which is 'something to play with at the weekend' as promised! :D

It's really looking good aside from the problems that are in the code purely because it's 2 months prior to release date... when the final release appears I'm confident we'll be able to take full advantage of all the features (except maybe the FM radio) with the added benefit of our lovely noise cancellation! I now know I will be keeping my Nexus One and don't need a Desire. :D

When the release comes it'll be as a pre-baked update zip for everyone and in an online kitchen for MoDaCo premium members. If you plan to get a kitchen build and you're not signed up to Ad Free or MoDaCo Plus yet, links are in my sig. :lol:

Until later...

P

hi Paul,

could you confirm if we'll be able to have custom trackball colours? and also if the volume goes a bit a louder on this rom? obviously the main problem with the nexus one is the speaker itself but maybe a volume boost would help things a bit.

apart from that thanks for all your hard work, and make sure you hurry up and release the thing :D

Guest The Hero

I have a few bits to finish up then it'll be fit for release (albeit with the graphical glitches and cam issue that will likely remain until the next Beta drop).

It's taken a bit longer than i'd hoped because I went back to the beginning, documented for myself everything I did etc. so that when the next Beta comes, I can push it out double-quick!

Not sure if i'll have something up tonight (it is 6:30pm Friday night here after all), but if not I will DEFINITELY have something up for you all tomorrow, which is 'something to play with at the weekend' as promised! :D

It's really looking good aside from the problems that are in the code purely because it's 2 months prior to release date... when the final release appears I'm confident we'll be able to take full advantage of all the features (except maybe the FM radio) with the added benefit of our lovely noise cancellation! I now know I will be keeping my Nexus One and don't need a Desire. :D

When the release comes it'll be as a pre-baked update zip for everyone and in an online kitchen for MoDaCo premium members. If you plan to get a kitchen build and you're not signed up to Ad Free or MoDaCo Plus yet, links are in my sig. :lol:

Until later...

P

Woo Hoo! Can't wait! Keeping my N1 is the best news this week!

Guest 7500usr

Paul, as always AMAZING work, I look forward to getting my hands on this and testing. You said you need a test N1, pull this one off and all you need to do is let me know where to send it.

Guest dimiboy

so... do you think we will be able just to install on the regular rom of the n1 sense ui and adobe flash only or we will have to use this rom for them to work?

Guest dipeshb

Hey Paul, thank you for making me glad to have bought a Nexus one instead of waiting for the Desire.. And best of all you are a Brit too!! Kudos on your ingenious work dude

Guest Shmoopty

Great work! Congratulations.

I wonder what the severity of these glitches is. "Graphical glitches" can range from distracting to unusable.

Guest Cahir Hennessy

I'm Irish and I'll overlook 800 years of British oppression just this once. My grandfather fought for this rom, and I'll defend to the end. Or until a better one comes along. The mob is a very fickle.