[WM Kitchen] osKitchen NEW UI v1.23b - Easy Visual Kitchen

Guest smaury

Guest event121

well, here goes nothing. gonna give it a try and see what i can come up with. hopefully make my ideal rom.

couple questions to start out:

1. in visual kitchen, SYS tab, usefulness is just a recommendation? is there anything "useless" that will crash even the most base rom if unchecked?

2. in oem tab, just leave all of them checked?

3. just to clarify, EXT Packages are .cab's but converted to be built in, right?

4. any personal preferences on any of the tabs (tweaks and sys) that i might keep an open mind about - generic, but looking more to what people have played with so far like "keep this sys item in" or "uncheck disable beta watermark" etc

5. if one was to "cook in" mortscript for some titanium plugins or some of the more common items others have cooked in, would i just be looking for cabs to convert to exts?

thanks to anyone that can help. :(

Guest Chimp
well, here goes nothing. gonna give it a try and see what i can come up with. hopefully make my ideal rom.

couple questions to start out:

1. in visual kitchen, SYS tab, usefulness is just a recommendation? is there anything "useless" that will crash even the most base rom if unchecked?

2. in oem tab, just leave all of them checked?

3. just to clarify, EXT Packages are .cab's but converted to be built in, right?

4. any personal preferences on any of the tabs (tweaks and sys) that i might keep an open mind about - generic, but looking more to what people have played with so far like "keep this sys item in" or "uncheck disable beta watermark" etc

5. if one was to "cook in" mortscript for some titanium plugins or some of the more common items others have cooked in, would i just be looking for cabs to convert to exts?

thanks to anyone that can help. :(

1. I leave most useless stuff out - simply because it takes space and doesn't provide much. For instance, who needs the watch sync interface? I don't think it would hurt to leave them in, and some you may want to based on personal preference.

2. Yep, I think you have to leave the OEM stuff in.

3. Yes

4. You can get the calibration string and put that in there, among other things (I like to keep the magnifier in the ROM, so I uncheck that). Again, personal preference.

5. I believe so, although I have had some issues with CABs that use MortScript when cooking in (for instance, in the ROM I cooked yesterday, I had to remove the Personalizer 2.0 CAB from the ROM because it wasn't installing properly). Others I have done without any problems. I'd say cook it in and then see if it works fine afterward (and make sure the icon shows up in your start programs).

/Chimp

Guest event121
1. I leave most useless stuff out - simply because it takes space and doesn't provide much. For instance, who needs the watch sync interface? I don't think it would hurt to leave them in, and some you may want to based on personal preference.

2. Yep, I think you have to leave the OEM stuff in.

3. Yes

4. You can get the calibration string and put that in there, among other things (I like to keep the magnifier in the ROM, so I uncheck that). Again, personal preference.

5. I believe so, although I have had some issues with CABs that use MortScript when cooking in (for instance, in the ROM I cooked yesterday, I had to remove the Personalizer 2.0 CAB from the ROM because it wasn't installing properly). Others I have done without any problems. I'd say cook it in and then see if it works fine afterward (and make sure the icon shows up in your start programs).

/Chimp

thanks you very much. i'm working as i type... and here we go!

Edit: First cooked rom a success! Well, it at least booted and I was able to make a phone call. It runs horribly slow and it appears to have all the stock crap left on it.

Edited by event121

Guest Chimp
thanks you very much. i'm working as i type... and here we go!

Edit: First cooked rom a success! Well, it at least booted and I was able to make a phone call. It runs horribly slow and it appears to have all the stock crap left on it.

You need to take the Verizon crap out of the OEM (don't select those packages). Again, it is personal preferences, but I remove all the Verizon junk - there is another thread in this forum where someone made a 'minimal' OEM that contains just the basics - I actually use that instead of letting the kitchen extract everything (including the Verizon junk) from the CF03 OEM.

You just have to keep playing around with it - adding and removing stuff - until it's exactly the way you want it.

Guest Chimp

All,

I built and flashed the 28230 build from the kitchen; however, I seem to have the 'sleep of death' that I have heard about around in the forums. I turn the phone off and then later on it won't come back on - and phone calls don't come through. I have to either press the reset button or pull the battery to get it to reboot.

Anyone know of a fix to this? Otherwise I will have to try another ROM.

Thx.

/Chimp

Guest event121
All,

I built and flashed the 28230 build from the kitchen; however, I seem to have the 'sleep of death' that I have heard about around in the forums. I turn the phone off and then later on it won't come back on - and phone calls don't come through. I have to either press the reset button or pull the battery to get it to reboot.

Anyone know of a fix to this? Otherwise I will have to try another ROM.

Thx.

/Chimp

I chose 28223 because of that. It got the best reviews in Lioryte's thread.

Guest event121

i got a .gif

i want it to be my splash screen.

where do i put it?

what do i need to edit to make it use said .gif on boot up?

Edit:

used minimal OEM provided earlier in thread. did not copy over. complete swap. now chome / titanium is not working. i have no home screen, tried changing in settings > personal > home.. and i get nothing.

kitchen still shows it's there and i have it checked... any ideas?

Edited by event121

Guest thekevster
i got a .gif

i want it to be my splash screen.

where do i put it?

what do i need to edit to make it use said .gif on boot up?

Edit:

used minimal OEM provided earlier in thread. did not copy over. complete swap. now chome / titanium is not working. i have no home screen, tried changing in settings > personal > home.. and i get nothing.

kitchen still shows it's there and i have it checked... any ideas?

use the original OEM_Drivers that was extracted from cf03. you can use all the other OEM folders from the minimal OEM except for the drivers folder. not sure why though, but thats how i got it to work. pretty much all of the stuff that was cut out in the minimal OEM was from the OEM_Apps folder anyway.

Also, make sure that when you click start cooking that a message doesnt show up telling you there are conflicts between files in SYS. if so, make sure to correct those conflicts and choose the proper one. i.e. if Lockscreen EA (East Asia) is conflicting with Lockscreen NonEA (Non-East Asia) make sure you choose non East Asia. Look in the descriptions of the files to determine which one is which with other conflicts.

Edited by thekevster

Guest Chimp
I chose 28223 because of that. It got the best reviews in Lioryte's thread.

That's what I was afraid of...

I'll go back to 23541. Thanks.

Guest waremike32
Are you talking about Waremike saying he had a 'fixed' version? Wonder what was fixed - 23541 seemed to work fine for me after build.

Basically, many of the rollups that have been posted lately have bad modules, causing sleep of death. But, you can use the common files dumped directly from the .dio file to fix it.

Guest event121
Basically, many of the rollups that have been posted lately have bad modules, causing sleep of death. But, you can use the common files dumped directly from the .dio file to fix it.

where do you get this .dio?

EDIT: nevermind. found it.

EDIT2: nevermind again, couldn't d/l it. you got an english link to the common files we should use to fix the SOD?

Edited by event121

Guest event121
use the original OEM_Drivers that was extracted from cf03. you can use all the other OEM folders from the minimal OEM except for the drivers folder. not sure why though, but thats how i got it to work. pretty much all of the stuff that was cut out in the minimal OEM was from the OEM_Apps folder anyway.

Also, make sure that when you click start cooking that a message doesnt show up telling you there are conflicts between files in SYS. if so, make sure to correct those conflicts and choose the proper one. i.e. if Lockscreen EA (East Asia) is conflicting with Lockscreen NonEA (Non-East Asia) make sure you choose non East Asia. Look in the descriptions of the files to determine which one is which with other conflicts.

already did both of these and still lost the home screen. actually discovered a trial of spb ms 3.5 today and it ran amazingly fast so i may try doing something with that... still can't figure out how to make a .gif a .nb for a splash screen on boot up. right now i get a blank screen, the vzw sound, then my blank today screen.

gonna start from scratch again and just use the minimal oem to start... after making changes in the visual kitchen, and then cooking... if i close, reopen, and make more changes.. it doesn't go back to default does it...

lastly, how do i get rid of the security warnings everytime i go to run a program for the first time?

Edited by event121

Guest Rob Storm
lastly, how do i get rid of the security warnings everytime i go to run a program for the first time?

To fix the security, you need to edit the "mxip_oemdrivers_100.provxml" file in your OEMDrivers directory:

change:

<!--  Unsigned Prompt Policy   --> 

<!-- Prompting Enabled-->

<parm name="4122" value="0" />

to :

<!--  Unsigned Prompt Policy   --> 

<!-- Prompting Enabled-->

<parm name="4122" value="1" />

Edited by Rob Storm

Guest flanker1743

Gents, a quick question:

Once the stock upgrade extracts the ROM from, if I clicked build ROM without touching everything, would this just give me the stock 6.1 ROM?

Guest cac2us

flanker1743,

You could do as you said and get a ROM that leaves you with ~50mb of storage and 30-40mb of RAM.

To avoid the bloatware, cut & paste the the OEM folder to a backup location,

paste the Minimal i910 OEM to the Sources folder,

http://www.modaco.com/content/i910-specifi...nimal-i910-oem/

replace the OEMDrivers folder (10mb) with the one from the original (5.1mb).

Convert most cab files to EXT files and enjoy ALL the fun of cooking...

A heads up regarding 23544.

The "Threaded Email" is directly dependent to the "ZOOM Browser".

If you try to use a simple IE browser (6.1), the Email will fail to function...

I am back to 21755..

Edited by cac2us

Guest plecosword

for 28230, I get an error while extracting:

! C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\WM6.5.3_28230_for_osKitchen.rar: CRC failed in WM6.5.3 28230 for osKitchen\SYS\28230\Common\gb18030\simsun.ac3. The file is corrupt

Guest maczen
flanker1743,

You could do as you said and get a ROM that leaves you with ~50mb of storage and 30-40mb of RAM.

To avoid the bloatware, cut & paste the the OEM folder to a backup location,

paste the Minimal i910 OEM to the Sources folder,

http://www.modaco.com/content/i910-specifi...nimal-i910-oem/

replace the OEMDrivers folder (10mb) with the one from the original (5.1mb).

Convert most cab files to EXT files and enjoy ALL the fun of cooking...

A heads up regarding 23544.

The "Threaded Email" is directly dependent to the "ZOOM Browser".

If you try to use a simple IE browser (6.1), the Email will fail to function...

I am back to 21755..

Hi

Can I use this oem as a template for my i900I? Or is there much difference.

Example of files thats I wonder if I could remove are:

AllLanguages.rom

RS_M4Mo.bin

bmvcode.dat

English.rom

Thanks

Guest cac2us
Hi

Can I use this oem as a template for my i900I? Or is there much difference.

Example of files thats I wonder if I could remove are:

AllLanguages.rom

RS_M4Mo.bin

bmvcode.dat

English.rom

Thanks

The "Minimal i910 OEM" is for the Verizon i910 Omnia.

Check over at OmniaRom.com, I get some good stuf from there.

Guest cac2us
for 28230, I get an error while extracting:

! C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\WM6.5.3_28230_for_osKitchen.rar: CRC failed in WM6.5.3 28230 for osKitchen\SYS\28230\Common\gb18030\simsun.ac3. The file is corrupt

Open the file in WinRar and select the "Repair" function.

Or open the file in WinRar an just "Extract" the files you need.

You may not need all of the Language or DPI files..

Edited by cac2us