low phone storage

Guest Justinas

would solve the problem, but comes close to a factory reset. /data/data is where your apps settings are stored. as you may have forseen, here is your first task:

adb shell du -hs /data/*

Here it comes:

122.0K /data/anr

512 /data/app

512 /data/app-private

4.0K /data/btips

18.6M /data/dalvik-cache

77.8M /data/data

512 /data/drm

3.5K /data/dropbear

114.0K /data/local

2.0K /data/lost+found

25.0K /data/misc

3.5K /data/property

265.0K /data/system

Since I don't have all that many apps downloaded the 77.8 M in /data/data seems quite high

adb shell du -hs /data/data/*

When running the above command I noticed this:

53.1M /data/data/com.android.browser

Seems like this is the main problem. Is this the browser cache? Can I delete this file without causing any major issue?

adb shell du -hs /data/data/*
When running the above command I noticed this: 53.1M /data/data/com.android.browser Seems like this is the main problem. Is this the browser cache? Can I delete this file without causing any major issue?
make a backup and try... or check the contents of that folder, if the subfolder cache is the big one just delete the contents, should be safe:
adb shell rm -r /data/data/com.android.browser/cache/*

make a backup and try... or check the contents of that folder, if the subfolder cache is the big one just delete the contents, should be safe:

After further investigation a subfolder "app_plugins" seems to be the major problem. To a large extent the folder is populated by files (around 100) named WKP???? These files account for more than 30 M. The files vary in size from 0-600 K.

What are these WKP-files?

I regained some memory space by clearing cookies, cache & history in settings menu for browser.

Removed these WKP-files (after saving) without any noticeable ill effects. Regained a lot of space!

Still curious about what these files originate from if anyone can enlighten me.

• 1 year later...

Hello, I'm a french men. Thus sorry for my English.

I'have too a low phone storage but when I type the command I'have the following result :

D:\java\android\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools>adb shell mount /data

Usage: mount [-r] [-w] [-o options] [-t type] device directory

D:\java\android\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools>adb shell rm /data/local/tmp/*

rm failed for /data/local/tmp/*, No such file or directory

The command adb shell rebootwork perfectly.

Can you help me ?