[ROM] eViL Eclair v2.2 (Liquid e) [4/15/2010] (FINAL eViL LE ROM)

Guest eViL D:

Guest m3allak

I've found this ROM a little laggy, had problems when opening market,i prefer the LCR's home which is faster and easier to use

The added apps aren't really useful (at my point of view)

May be other people didn't have these issues

Guest eViL D:
Hi eViL!

I have been following and flashing your Roms, and they are great, thanks.

I have a question, as everytime I flash an update, I have to lose all my apps, email settings.

Is there any way to avoid that when i update?

I suppose I could add an update that doesn't wipe data. We'll see.....

Guest iebre

Hi Evil,

thanks for this ROM, it's great.

Can you just clarify if the beta you start from in this ROM is different from the "old" ACER_LiquidE_0.004.01_EMEA_GEN1?

thanks!

Guest eViL D:
Hi Evil,

thanks for this ROM, it's great.

Can you just clarify if the beta you start from in this ROM is different from the "old" ACER_LiquidE_0.004.01_EMEA_GEN1?

thanks!

LOL, YES!

Guest Dona'
I suppose I could add an update that doesn't wipe data. We'll see.....

That would be really nice. And like anyone else said it, I think black lockscreen dials were better than transparent ones.

Edit : I think a .zip that would change that would solve the problem. Everyone won't have the same opinion, that's sure. I don't think a .zip that would change that would be very difficult to do, and it will have to be done just one time, then everyone could change it like he wants to.

PS : Sorry for my poor english, I hope you'll understand me

Edited by Dona'

Guest rod64
That would be really nice. And like anyone else said it, I think black lockscreen dials were better than transparent ones.

Just my opinion, but I like the transparent ones :P

Guest Mr.r9

Yo Evil thanks for you efforts man:D, I remember when I had the HTC Magic I used to use your Hero roms on it.

I just noticed this thread in the Nexus section. Can the camera app from the Desire be ported to the Liquid also since it has 2.1? I wish I understood more about Android development but I don't :P.

Guest Dona'

I don't think it's possible, and if it is it won't be easy.

Desire and N1 have a lot of common hardware and so same drivers, that makes it easier (I'm not sure of that and eViL or an other developper should be able to give you a better answer)

Guest Mr.r9

Desire and N1 have a lot of common hardware and so same drivers, that makes it easier (I'm not sure of that and eViL or an other developper should be able to give you a better answer)

Different camera in the Acer you mean? That's possible.

Thats what I mean when I say I know nothing in development! Anyway, I was just tossing an idea.

@iebre: It's a *slightly* newer bin. Not the official. Just in a few weeks we'll have an official Kernal & Rom.

Guest anusthegreat

Great looking and technically hooked up ROM, working too slow on my Liquid tho. Can't stand those seconds I have to wait after pressing the Search button, openning apps time just rips me off, even with autokiller running and setcpu @ fullspeed.

How about no: getting back to LCR.

Guest goa200

im sure its possible but the amount of work involved just doesnt make it worthwhile

Edited by goa200

Guest emerald7086

something interesting here:

using penpower app as the main input method, but the task killer reports the XT9 one keep running at background... :(

=============================

after a few hours test, the battery draining is the same as LCR, which is abt 10% per hour

so, switched back to LCR :P

Edited by emerald7086

Guest linuxluver
Great looking and technically hooked up ROM, working too slow on my Liquid tho. Can't stand those seconds I have to wait after pressing the Search button, openning apps time just rips me off, even with autokiller running and setcpu @ fullspeed.

How about no: getting back to LCR.

Do you have animations turned off? I find most of that "wating time" is completely wasted on animations. No animations....no waiting (or little) waiting.

Guest linuxluver
Yo Evil thanks for you efforts man:D, I remember when I had the HTC Magic I used to use your Hero roms on it.

I just noticed this thread in the Nexus section. Can the camera app from the Desire be ported to the Liquid also since it has 2.1? I wish I understood more about Android development but I don't :P.

For any driver to be usabe on another phone, the hardware must be the same or so close it doesn't matter.

Is Acer using the same camera as Desire and N1? If not, then it is very unlikely the drivers are portable s binaries....and even the source code would be of little use with incompatible hardware.

Guest CedricGatay

This Rom is impressive in terms of battery consumption, with LCR I could hardly make my battery last more than one day (regular usage, web, call, sms, twitter and my pearl Bonjour Madame Widget). I am actually, with the same usage, with 70% left after 17 hours...

Guest JapanLover

hmmm interesting... Cedric says battery drain is low, Emerald says the contrary... it would be interesting to know yu system setting as for WiFi, GPS, push emails, etc...

Guest emerald7086
hmmm interesting... Cedric says battery drain is low, Emerald says the contrary... it would be interesting to know yu system setting as for WiFi, GPS, push emails, etc...

in my case, my guess is it depends deeply on the network operator as most of the power was drained to cell standby, with 2g only setting.

and my local carrier is well known for cheapness but so-so signal... :P

=====================

and yet, the way the user charging/using the battery might well affect the drainage, so it needs more feedback on this topic

Edited by emerald7086

Guest tanoxxx
in my case, my guess is it depends deeply on the network operator as most of the power was drained to cell standby, with 2g only setting.

and my local carrier is well known for cheapness but so-so signal... :P

=====================

and yet, the way the user charging/using the battery might well affect the drainage, so it needs more feedback on this topic

Tonight only in standby in 12 hours more than 60% of battery go down!!!

Is absurd!!!

Is no the signal because i had stay in the same place in 2g and with 1.5.1 Angio rom i make 3/4 day and the signal is the same!!

I think is the 2.1 leak is very bad!!

I can believe this, the first problem of this leak is the battery and not the velocity or the stability of the rom!

Nobody can make nothing for this big problem ????