[ROM] eViL Eclair v2.2 (Liquid e) [4/15/2010] (FINAL eViL LE ROM)

Guest eViL D:

Guest xian1243

Any way to fix the permissions denied(/operation not permitted) when I ADB remount, or try to run a .sh script?

Edited by xian1243

Guest xian1243

Yep, works. :P Does anybody know where to install the deoxt-wrapper and zipalign binaries to? I need to install the for my gscripts, and the default system doesn't have them. I tried zipalign in /system/bin and deoxt-wrapper in /xbin but they don't work and I get permission denied. By default, this new .bin does not have an xbin directory, where we usually put binaries in, and malez's recovery says busybox is already installed, even though there is no /xbin folder to be found!

Edited by xian1243

Guest johnnyponny

I am using the new Acer Download tool "ACER Download Tool [single].exe"

Should I replace the "ACER_A1_MergeFile.bin" with the new one?

Or are you talking about the other Acer Download Tool?

Guest xian1243

I tried installing a MMS.apk from LCR 1.2.4, and it's still just as slow... Any suggestions? The next LCR should be based on this ROM, and so should Evil's ROM... It's good, but not perfect yet.

Guest xian1243

Maybe we could try handscent... Handscent is nice, but used to delete my messages!!! Be careful and backup SMS messages before messing with your MMS.apk. :P

EDIT: Handscent has the same problem... it's ROM related.

Edited by xian1243

Guest endamaco

I've just deleted all my sms! Will look how is going now...

anyway it's a good rom, a bit slow in some moments but nothing critical :P

But there isn't voice search!! ufff

Guest xian1243

Thanks a million!!!! I've been trying to get zipalign and deodex wrapper installed for hours! :P

Testing now.

EDIT:

Got an error flashing your update.zip

E:Can't symlink /system/bin/cat

E:Failure at line 163:

symlink toolbox SYSTEM:bin/cat

Installation aborted.

Check your update_script mate, line 163. :(

Edited by xian1243

Guest xian1243

No, I only flashed your latest superboot. That's it. No updates, and I'm not stupid enough to flash LCR or Evil... XD. I'm redoing your update_script... I'll upload in a minute if it works.

EDIT: I don't know what's wrong...

symlink busybox SYSTEM:xbin/xargs

symlink busybox SYSTEM:xbin/yes

symlink busybox SYSTEM:xbin/zcat

--->>>>symlink toolbox SYSTEM:bin/cat

It fails when trying to symlink toolbox to files in the /bin folder... Don't know how to fix this... permissions problem?

Edited by xian1243

Guest vache

I've pull all system directory after installing the new bin. There is no cat in system/bin and this error is because the file exist. The update script works just fine.

Guest xian1243

I didn't touch my system at all, except for some HTC libraries I pushed into /system/lib...

:S

I'm trying $cd /system ls -l to confirm the nonexistence of the /bin folder...

Guys... The update.zip worked... all the files have been copied into the /bin folder... The error isn't that important... Unless it stopped the script, in that case, we should set_perm on our /bin and /xbin folders. Only half the files were copied... >_>

Another update... I still get permission denied when deodexing, and zipaligning... Folder permission problems I suppose... :P

Edited by xian1243