[ROM] eViL Eclair v2.2 (Liquid e) [4/15/2010] (FINAL eViL LE ROM)

Guest eViL D:

Guest xian1243

Testing now. Thanks for all of your work!

Edit: Works great! No errors, files in place. Good job! :P Testing some scripts.

@Vache I added dexopt-wrapper to your update.zip, added set_perm for it in /xbin, and re-signed... if that's okay with you. I even uploaded it the same site. :(

http://shoobee.eu/upp/download.php?file=41...ools_signed.zip

gscript here : http://shoobee.eu/upp/download.php?file=82odex_apks.sh

This makes your system so much faster, it makes the .apks most important files cached and ready to go. :(

Edited by xian1243

Guest xian1243

adb remount

adb push "drag gscriptlite.apk into cmd windows" /system/app

Copy odex_apks.sh to gscript folder on your microSD card.

Then run gscript lite, press menu key, then add script, load file, save, then select it and it should do it automatically.

:P

gscriptlite.apk download : http://shoobee.eu/upp/download.php?file=753GScriptLite.apk

Tell me how it works for you, it made my SMS app a bit faster, and everything else is lightning fast.

Guest xian1243

It's not related to the dexopt-wrapper... but from a file that was either pushed or delete from Vache's update.zip... Maybe a newer wifi config file got overwritten with an older one from the update.zip, in the sbin or bin folder? It scans, but hangs obtaining addess.

The changes I made were : push dexopt-wrapper to /system/xbin and set root permissions on it. Nothing more.

Edit: Sorry for double post! My bad. It's amazing how we all can get so exited over a telephone...

Edited by xian1243

Guest xian1243

That's what happened to me too. I'm going to upload an update.zip that pushes all of the latest files to /bin and /sbin, with proper permissions, all keeping the new scripts from LCR. Give me 5 minutes.

EDIT: I just realized that I don't have the original files... doh. xD.

Oh well...

@Vache, any ideas?

Edited by xian1243

Guest vache

All files came from new bin, as i said i pull the system folder before doing anything. There is no config file in the update.

I'll try to flash the stock boot to see if it come from modifications i made.

Investigating.

Guest xian1243

Okay. WiFi was working with your superboot2, so I don't see why it's not working now... it's a mystery... Did you make any more changes to the boot.img in your tools.zip?

Good luck finding what's causing the problem... I'll be here to test any evil mad scientist files. :(

Thanks again. :P

Edited by xian1243

Have you found something guys?

Looks like the problem isn't in the boot.img, I flashed the old one which had wifi working and it still didn't work. Had to Nandroid Restore.

Guest xian1243

It doesn't bother me not to have WiFi, but I forgot to Nandroid... and I don't want to reflash the .bin... I guess I'll have to use good.... or bad SFR 3G... XD.

Guest alfarobl

no network with this eVil patch... using regular .bin everything is Ok.

reflash with tool back to leaked 2.1 and phone works Ok. There is something wrong with the 1.9 release.

Update: Seems this eViL custom rom is not for baseband A1-03.10.03 yet

Edited by alfarobl

Hmm...Can someone tell me how to delete the pre installed apps please?

Alfa it doesn't work cause evil 1.9 is based on old leak you must wait a new version.

Guest Dona'
Hmm...Can someone tell me how to delete the pre installed apps please?

Alfa it doesn't work cause evil 1.9 is based on old leak you must wait a new version.

Titanium backup will do this perfectly ! You have too install busybox and root. Root can be done with malez recovery and titanium backup will ask you to install busybox if it isnt installed (and it will install it automatically)

Guest emerald7086
I can run titanium backup but how can I delete the useless preinstalled stuff like urfooz?

you could remove them by using ADB command, or root explorer with r/w enabled

Guest audiobastard

Meh ... no voice input... wtf... why would someone install this when there's no voice input. OMG.. that's so retarded. I'm gonna try and install a voice input apk i found somewhere... that better work or there will be hell to pay...... i said hellllll. Jk, i'm looking forward to MT and some speed, but man... really w/out voice input the bin is really weak.

Guest audiobastard

will someone please tell me where i can find an apk or how to get voice input keyboard on this thing. I'd really appreciate that. Thanks.

Guest audiobastard

Ok, the voice input apk i downloaded works. I love how I try to fix something, can't do it, then I type the question on here or xda, and then right after i click the post button i figure out how to make it work.