[ROM] eViL Eclair v2.2 (Liquid e) [4/15/2010] (FINAL eViL LE ROM)

Guest eViL D:

Guest gapone
Alright, can't just sit around, so i've got something based off of new bin. It's not perfect, but works pretty well.

EvilD: Can you release your new ROM mod without that smoked glass theming? In my opinion it's better to to release mods without theming so people can install a theme if they need one. Thanks in advance!

I'm very sorry about your loss. Best wishes to you and your family.

Guest endamaco

Hi all... I see that evil's new rom as mms from aosp... how can i do if I want only that?? I'm not interested to flash all the rom.. Someone has tried it? sms are still very very slow?

Guest vikings123

Dear eVil,

My best wishes to you and your family!

And thanks for your rush work on 2.00.

I finally got the new bin to work OK. Thanks again for eVil's efforts to rush out the new LCR ROM 2.00, especially under that situation.

It seems to be stable (sort of, some apps stopped) and the phone is working.

And the lagging problem seems to be (partially) solved. I can use it smoothly.

Thanks again, eVils. Great job! :P

Guest audiobastard

still getting same kind of performance as before with just the bin. In fact, just froze on me when i activated the desire live wallpaper. I reinstalled again and it froze with the live wallpaper again. Decisions decision decisions. Do I stick with a slower multitouch capable version or a fast 1ghz limited multitouch version. Seems a bit quicker though with the new rom. I'm prolly just going to use static wallpaper. Thanks for your hard work.

Condolences; i'm sorry for your loss.

Guest snoopy33
still getting same kind of performance as before with just the bin. In fact, just froze on me when i activated the desire live wallpaper. I reinstalled again and it froze with the live wallpaper again. Decisions decision decisions. Do I stick with a slower multitouch capable version or a fast 1ghz limited multitouch version. Seems a bit quicker though with the new rom. I'm prolly just going to use static wallpaper. Thanks for your hard work.

Condolences; i'm sorry for your loss.

Hi,

Have you find any change in sms application comportment ? Is it very long to load ? Mine takes 30 seconds for 1500 sms/mms (I know, i can delete it, but i like to keep it, it s like letters for me, and I keep letters)

+

Guest endamaco
Hi,

Have you find any change in sms application comportment ? Is it very long to load ? Mine takes 30 seconds for 1500 sms/mms (I know, i can delete it, but i like to keep it, it s like letters for me, and I keep letters)

+

+1

Guest liquid_it

Same here. tried to raplace stock Mms.apk with AOSP one, but the lag won't disappear, so I think it's something related to the rom itself, or some global setting "outside" the sms app.

Guest nferro

Having only a few SMS's helps a lot, I guess you could backup them and then restore when the SMS app becomes snappier.

Guest liquid_it
Having only a few SMS's helps a lot, I guess you could backup them and then restore when the SMS app becomes snappier.

true. just tried out to backup & then delete my sms, and app now opens faster.

Guest Charlton22

Any one experienced and dead phone with this rom?

I happened to me 2 times within 4hrs, I had to replace the battery to switch it on...

And one? How can I fix this?

And is there any way to remove the messaging app, preinstalled in the rom?

Guest snoopy33

Ok, so I try the Italian update or Evil D update rom, it changes nothing from stock rom, SMS app is always very slow to load...

Is there another app from market which can fix this ?

How are you restauring your sms ? mybackup pro ? May be it s an issue with the restauration ??? You know, when I restored a save in 2.016 rom, sms thread was not correctly classified, I had to open the thread two times to see it at its correct place, date ordered... may be it s the same issue here which cause this ???

Hi,

+

Guest erto90

I express my condolences, evil.. and a big thanks for all... take your time and take care

we all are with you!

Edited by erto90

Guest khelgar

Thanks a lot for your great work EvilD. All functions are running smooth, very active and quick, although some apps like the market is lagging from time to time, but nothing serious. No problem found for SMS and other phone functions.

Merci pour ton aide xian1243 alias Christian.^^ Le Liquid se dompte bien une fois qu'on a pris ses marques.

Thanks again to behnaam for his kindness and free time.

Guest snoopy33

Ok so we don t use the same application, the application to save and restore is certainly not responsible...

Because mms.apk is not too (i read i don t know where that the apk is from aosp), it s from another part of the rom... don t know what we can do to help developpers to find the issue.

Guest xedamen

Hy all! I have a question. I use the 1.9 version, but my free memory only 30 max 40 MB. Is it ok? My friend has got a samsung i5700, which ram is 128Mb, but it has 70-80 MB free, with 2.1... Liquid has 256 Mb, and that's free is 40!! ?? And it's very slow... Any idea ? Thanks

Edited by xedamen

Guest m3allak
Hy all! I have a question. I use the 1.9 version, but my free memory only 30 max 40 MB. Is it ok? My friend has got a samsung i5700, which ram is 128Mb, but it has 70-80 MB free, with 2.1... Liquid has 256 Mb, and that's free is 40!! ?? And it's very slow... Any idea ? Thanks

Hy man

Very good question, Acer liquid is comparable to nexus one if we talk hardware (processor, ROM memory..), the problem is that software is not optimised for this phone i think, and acer didn't add any layer on android basic software, a friend of mine has a hero device, with 192 MB RAM Memory, he generally has 110 MB free memory, i can't explain this.

So i hope the official update will correct these malfunctioning and at last we'll talk about other things here than ROMS and update ...

Guest xedamen
Hy man

Very good question, Acer liquid is comparable to nexus one if we talk hardware (processor, ROM memory..), the problem is that software is not optimised for this phone i think, and acer didn't add any layer on android basic software, a friend of mine has a hero device, with 192 MB RAM Memory, he generally has 110 MB free memory, i can't explain this.

So i hope the official update will correct these malfunctioning and at last we'll talk about other things here than ROMS and update ...

Thanks! I hope too :P

Guest WillSm@k

I'm not able to flash the Desire Camera from vache into this new rom v2.00r1...

Is there anyone got this problems too?

Any solution?

p.s. eViL sorry to heard that...take good care on yourself and your family...best wish to you...

Edited by WillSm@k